$127/m $1999 down 24 month shweet lease

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P71VIC

I just wanted to check in. I got what I think to be a smoken lease deal Christmas Eve from Nissan of Bowie MD.

$1999 down + $951 for remaining Maryland taxes, tags, 1st month payment and ancillary junk fees.

$127/m for 24 months 12,000 miles/y. $21495 residual value after 2 years.

Baked into this deal of course was, $7500/fed & $2000/MD titling tax credits. As I understand a $9775 incentive from Nissan was included as well.

I didn't negotiate on the price or terms of the Leaf, but I did a little on my trade. I traded a 2004 Ford Crown Vic with 116,500. Book value might have been $2500 if it was in great shape, but it was not. There was numerous cosmetic flaws, including a recent crunch on the front end passenger side that took out the turn signal lens and damaged the bumper, some others due to prior service as a patrol car. They originally offered only $1000 for the car. I talked them into $1950.

In the end I was out the door for:

One beat up Crown Vic
$1000 on my Visa which will pay me 1% points cash back
23 additional payments of $127.44

I pick it up tomorrow as they had to fetch it from 50 miles away. Very Excited!

I would have paid more for an SL. IMO, the QC port, rear cam, trickle charger (PV panel), and Homelink are worth the extra cost.

actually, I did get a SL. I guess the special indicates SV.

QC does me no good near our nation's capital as there are no Level 3 chargers that I know of.

Great deal then, and there will be DCQC there eventually. I've been QCing for over a year now, and I wouldn't have a BEV without it.
Do you know how much the lease payment would have been with zero down?

Don't know for sure.

They threw a number at me in the very beginning ($289/m) with nothing down but $1000 for my trade. Typical dealer games. I asked them to get serious, get back to the $127/m lease and talk to me about how much they would give me for my trade.

When I give mine back in 35 months will you shop for me?
I put $4100 down and $278 for 39 months. Got a white SL. I love it. It's "growing" on my wife.

Hmmm. I was told by my Nissan dealer that a two year lease doesn't qualify for the federal $7500. My Nissan dealer is offering a zero down 3 year lease for $199 + T & L a month on a SL.

bernie82 said:
Hmmm. I was told by my Nissan dealer that a two year lease doesn't qualify for the federal $7500. My Nissan dealer is offering a zero down 3 year lease for $199 + T & L a month on a SL.

The $7500 Federal tax credit is only for purchases, not for leases. The $7500 credit goes to the lease company which supposedly passes that savings in the form of a lower lease payment. In California there is an additional rebate of $2500 for purchases OR leases that are 3 years or longer.

You would only be getting below $200/month on a Lease if they used the $7500. So you are technically still getting it.

On a lease of 3 years or more the $7500 goes to the dealer which he passes on to the lessee in terms of a lower lease payment. In a purchase, the $7500 is a tax credit to the buyer.

My Leaf I leased at $10/month less. $239/month for 24 months, all inclusive--I came out of pocket with nothing. Your total cost per month over 24 months is $249.

However, mine was an SV, so yes, you got a better price :)

I got mine back in Aug of last year. Summer of last year is when Nissan got serious about these things and the lease deals since then have been massively, hugely better than the lease deals prior.

Magically my deal just got better.

Completely out of the blue I just received a check for $471.76. Nissan of Bowie has decided that I over paid for tax.

I don't understand, but ignorance is bliss sometimes. This ignorance might even equate to a new iPad mini ;-).

Back