Poll : Your Reaction to 2013 Nissan Leaf Price

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

You think the 2013 Nissan Leaf Price is

• Excellent

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Great

Votes: 56 35.7%
  • Good

Votes: 34 21.7%
  • Average

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Poor

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters

evnow

The price has been announced for MY2013 Nissan Leaf. What do you think about it ?

MY2013trims.png

Features thread here : http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DanCar said:
Is there somewhere where these options are explained? Premium package? Hologram Kick Plates? etc... Where is leather?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11192" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is surprising to me that 70% of the respondents think the pricing is less than excellent. Nissan is breaking new ground here with the stripper model; I don't see how anyone could reasonably expect better at this time.

OE, is it possible to get an SL with just the original RVC as standard? When looking at options, it seems like the PP is the only way to get it which includes Bose.

LakeLeaf said:
If the Japanese gov't keeps devaluing the yen, it gives Nissan the option of dropping prices even further if they feel sales are too price sensitive.
Well, considering almost everything is made here, how does Yen help ?

Stoaty said:
It is surprising to me that 70% of the respondents think the pricing is less than excellent. Nissan is breaking new ground here with the stripper model; I don't see how anyone could reasonably expect better at this time.
The criteria for judging this were left up to the voters, which makes it completely subjective.

I rated the prices "great" (which is probably generous) based on simple comparison with previous model years.

But contributors to this forum, and LEAF owners in general, surely have much higher than average incomes. So what is "great" for many of us might be considered average or poor for many other car buyers.

The really important criterion is whether the prices are attractive enough to stimulate significant new sales of LEAFs. I hope so - but that remains to be seen...

In Georgia, we have a $5000 state tax credit, which gets the entry level down to $16,300. Combined with the GA Power EV rate plan, it is VERY attractive.

dbassett said:
In Georgia, we have a $5000 state tax credit, which gets the entry level down to $16,300. Combined with the GA Power EV rate plan, it is VERY attractive.
What is the GA Power rate for EVs? Do they meter the EV separately, or do you get that rate for all of your electricity.

Frankly, I'm really surprised at how little the elctric utilities do to educate and encourage EV purchases. It seems like the perfect way to both sell more electricity and level their load at the same time.

Back