MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kubel said:
Install a dashcam. I've got one in my LEAF. It would catch them red handed. Though I have it wired to my cigarette lighter at the moment, so it shuts off when the car shuts off. :/
The "cigarette lighter" outlet is easy to re-wire so that it's live when the car is off. Just use an in-line fuse jumper right in the fuse box.
[disclaimer: I haven't actually done this yet, but have been meaning to after I spotted the opportunity...]

Camera is a great idea, there are some that are motion activated and don't consume much power. Thank you for the idea.

Sadly, this week I gave up on driving my Leaf to the Airport, I have not been able to find available charging spots, a lot of the chargers are blocked by cars not charging at all. Everybody is guilty, Leafs, BMWs, Prius, Volts, etc.

Last Thursday, the last day I drove, I ended up parking illegaly next to the last charger in T6 and left notes all over the car begging not to get a ticket. It worked but I'm not trying my luck again.

Vitor said:
...Sadly, this week I gave up on driving my Leaf to the Airport, I have not been able to find available charging spots, a lot of the chargers are blocked by cars not charging at all. Everybody is guilty, Leafs, BMWs, Prius, Volts, etc.

Last Thursday, the last day I drove, I ended up parking illegaly next to the last charger in T6 and left notes all over the car begging not to get a ticket. It worked but I'm not trying my luck again.

It is a shame that these chargers are just marginally better than none at all these days. I once had to charge in the disabled spot for 40 minutes staying with the car of course.

IMHO, a bunch of L1 plugs (yes, good old fashioned 110 outlets!) is probably the most useful thing at LAX. Most of us are gone long enough that even on 110 we'd return with a full charge.

I have used the "lock the EVSE under the hood" trick -- it's kind of inconvenient to get the hood back open, but at least it keeps the EVSE secure.

Have any of the private parking garages around LAX started offering charging?

Haven't heard of any in So Cal . . . . but there is this:
http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/business-brains/parking-garage-manager-plugs-into-electric-vehicle-charging/19564" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

south carolina too:
http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/electric-vehicle-charging-stations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So yea ... slowly they're coming

hill said:
I've always thought I'd consider a Volt - but for my 6'-5" height not fitting well. But now, I simply wouldn't want to be looked upon as one of the too often inconsiderate ones that do the, "me first" thing.
The comments I'm reading here are as bad as stereotyping (My dad: "All spanish people are thieves." 3-to-4 posters on this thread: "All PHEV drivers are 'me first' selfish rich entitlement jerks."). I am planning to get a used Volt, but I am not the kind of scum you describe and I suspect neither are 99% of other Volt or plugin hybrid drivers. I would never use a public charge port or disconnect an EV because I know EV drivers don't have a backup when their batteries die. My hybrid car does (gasoline).

Back