1 Million plug-ins by 2015 : How ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seeing as there really IS no such thing as an American car anymore, I don't think it will make much difference... It will come down to a decent car at - more importantly - a decent price...

DaveinOlyWA said:
I think that americans are primed to buy american and if the focus is a decent car at a reasonable price it will sell much better.

evnow said:
LEAFfan said:
They also forgot the VW e-motion which goes on sale in 2014. I love the four-stage regen on this one. It also shows SOC. I've always loved my VW Rabbits so may trade in my LEAF in 2014 for one of these!
Somehow I don't see any German automakers selling EVs in volume anytime soon. They are worse than Toyota/Honda in their feet dragging. They seem to have this attitude of - let someone else do all the hard work, we will then just go and cash in.
Prophetic. For Audi at least, but not in a good way. Audi is outta EVs

How about it guys. Is this realistic or not? I for one think it is.

http://www.plugincars.com/revisiting-obama-goal-1-million-electric-cars-125210.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All we have to do is make electricity as easy to purchase as gasoline and it is game over.

Not by fall of 2012 but in any event, only if they can find buyers for that many, and I think that is unlikely by 2015...

DaveinOlyWA said:
isnt the TN factory supposed to be putting out 150,000 a year by fall/2012?

This list is fantasy... fortunately based on the date on the article, it is very obsolete. I doubt the government is still clinging to these numbers. 120,000 volts per year? That's a joke!

Back