Orange County, CA, Public Charging stations (J1772 and DCQC)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone used the charging stations at Laguna Beach lately? We are considering using the LEAF for trip down there but are wondering if it is difficult on weekends to find an empty charging spot or one that is not ICEd. Thanks!

New GE Wattstation L2 J1772 unit installed between the Blink and Chargepoint stations at the
University Research Park office buildings in Irvine. No card was required. No fee for all three
units as of 8/26/12.

University Research Park
5171 California Ave.
Irvine, CA 92617

Carstations.com/17964

New GE Wattstation L2 J1772 unit installed at Chapman University, Orange, CA.
No card currently required, and no charging fee (as of 8/26/12).
However, valid parking permit requirements apply.

Chapman University
Knott Studios Parking Lot
283 N. Cypress St.
Orange, CA 92866

Lot intended for:
M-F 7-4p, Faculty, staff, commuter students and visitors. Valid permit required.
Weekdays after 4p and weekends, Resident student parking.
Visitor and short-term parking permit fees: $2 up to 2 hrs; $3 up to 4 hrs; $5 up to 12 hrs.

Signage: Electric Vehicle Charging Only. 3 hr Limit. Violators will be Cited/Towed.

Carstations.com/22325

New GE Wattstation L2 J1772 unit installed but in the process of being activated at Chapman University,
Orange, CA. No card currently required, and no charging fee (as of 8/26/12).
Valid parking permit requirements apply.

Chapman University
Barrera Parking Structure
200 W. Sycamore St.
Orange, CA 92866

Lot intended for:
M-F 7-4p, Commuter students, faculty, and staff. Valid permit required.
Weekdays after 4p and weekends, Visitor parking. Valid permit required.
Visitor and short-term parking permit fees: $2 up to 2 hrs; $3 up to 4 hrs; $5 up to 12 hrs.

Signage: Electric Vehicle Charging Only. 3 hr Limit. Violators will be Cited/Towed.

Carstations.com/xxxxx

New GE Wattstation L2 J1772 unit installed at Chapman University, Orange, CA.
But, valid parking permit requirements apply.

Chapman University
Lastinger Parking Structure
300 E. Walnut Ave.
Orange, CA 92866

Lot intended for:
M-F 7-4p, Commuter students, faculty, and staff. Valid permit required.
Weekdays after 4p and all day weekends, Visitor parking. Valid permit required.

(Sorry, blurry photo of permit dispenser. See rates above.)

Carstations.com/xxxxx

GE Wattstation L2 J1772 unit installed at Chapman University, Orange, CA.

This lot is intended for Resident students and resident staff only. Valid permit required.

Chapman University
Miller Parking Structure
500 N. Shaffer St.
Orange, CA 92866

Carstations.com/xxxxx

Coming Soon to an Orange County city near you!

Do you know where I am? :p

Hint: Our Metrolink station is currently out in left field (literally), but our malls o' consumption are apparently getting on the ball.

Just four at Spectrum will not be enough IMO. Glad to see them :D

$2 per hour :| will not need these as much as I thought. Sorry spectrum that is not going to draw me in.

Wow, JPV, you're really staying on top of these new installations! Thanks so much .

How are you finding out about these so soon, even before activation, and some not on any network?

JPVLeaf said:
JeremyW said:
JPVLeaf said:
Coming Soon to an Orange County city near you!

Do you know where I am? :p
SPECTRUM! :D

Jeremy
Ding! Ding! Ding! :p

You know that picture is missing a charger in the middle. I wonder if they're making space for a quick charger. One can only hope. ;)

I did get in touch with a former higher up at The Irvine Company and suggested they look into EV charging at the spectrum due to the favorable location. Never heard back, happy to see the stations regardless!

Jeremy

Any update on the spectrum? I'm coming down in a month for the weekend and will likely be renting a leaf. Would love to see and use this station! :)

Not sure about the GEWatts at the Spectrum but the GEWatts at the Marketplace, which were further along, were still under wraps as of yesterday.
Also, let me know if you're interested in renting a Leaf through getaround.com.

Dang. Well I hope they'll be further along by the time I get down there.

I'm renting a leaf from Connel Nissan; $80 for three days. Cheapest car rental I've ever done! :) Try to come to the October 28th meeting. I'll be there... in style. :D

JeremyW said:

I'm renting a leaf from Connel Nissan; $80 for three days. Cheapest car rental I've ever done! :) Try to come to the October 28th meeting. I'll be there... in style. :D

Any cost for returning without a full tank ;)

JPVLeaf said:
A couple of 'coming soon' Chargepoint charging stations at the Honda Center, 2695 E Katella Ave, Anaheim, CA 92806.

While installed, these are not currently available since they are behind a fenced area undergoing construction for the Grand Terrace Project, not to be completed until early 2013. You can actually see the Chargepoints in a few frames of this video. Stations in the front lot facing Katella, under the Honda Center sign. So close, yet so far ....

(These replace the previous Avcon and LPI units.)

I knew I should have checked here first. I was over there today and they definitely don't want you in that construction zone. Why the couldn't have moved the friggin' construction trailer and fence by the side of it over by like 10 feet is completely beyond me.

JeremyW said:

The spectrum doesn't have an EVSE - but right next door accross the street is Nissan HQ. You'd think there'd be a QC there. Stupid me. Only an L2. $2.50 per THIRTY minutes to park . . . . . . and only after you suck up that huge parking fee, you can charge for free. Nissan . . . ya gotta laugh.
:lol:

Back