Bluetooth connection problem w/Blackberry

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chibimaui

Able to pair phone with car and worked well until the other day. Coincidentally (or not?) I took car in for the campaign software upgrade and it was after that I noticed the phone would no longer work properly; says its connected when I go into the 'Phone' function, when I try to hang up it won't, then I resort to the handset button and the screen goes away. Carwings won't work because it says the phone is in use! This is now occurring everytime I have my Blackberry with me. The dealership tried to fix it but no luck. They felt it was something with BB; I've tried to post on the BB forums but doesn't look like anyone there is going to help me. Top it off, we can easily pair the I Phone to my car. Anyone familiar with this?

I think it would be more useful (but still might not help) if you posted your exact Blackberry model, carrier and BB software version.

There are tons of current models (http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones/#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and WAY more older models, multiplied by variants on various carriers and a huge # of OS versions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BlackBerry_OS" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; has a nowhere near complete matrix of models vs. version numbers vs. carriers. I don't know how complete http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_BlackBerry_products" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is terms of physical devices.

chibimaui said:
Able to pair phone with car and worked well until the other day. Coincidentally (or not?) I took car in for the campaign software upgrade and it was after that I noticed the phone would no longer work properly; says its connected when I go into the 'Phone' function, when I try to hang up it won't, then I resort to the handset button and the screen goes away. Carwings won't work because it says the phone is in use! This is now occurring everytime I have my Blackberry with me. The dealership tried to fix it but no luck. They felt it was something with BB; I've tried to post on the BB forums but doesn't look like anyone there is going to help me. Top it off, we can easily pair the I Phone to my car. Anyone familiar with this?

Did you have find a solution to this? I am having a similar problem with my bberry Bold 9930 - seems paired fine, but it fails outgoing calls. If I dial with the phone, the car starts sound like it makes th call, then the music comes on while the call is going through on the handset. Incoming calls appear to work, but I cannot hear the caller.

I suggest that you delete the Bluetooth pairing in both navigation system and BlackBerry and then create a new pairing. I am trying to remember, but I think I had to do this with my 9930 after the Leaf software upgrade (recall). The Leaf easily paired to my old 8830 and to my new Bold 9930 (both Verizon).

Gerry

Leaf1 said:
chibimaui said:

Did you have find a solution to this? I am having a similar problem with my bberry Bold 9930 - seems paired fine, but it fails outgoing calls. If I dial with the phone, the car starts sound like it makes th call, then the music comes on while the call is going through on the handset. Incoming calls appear to work, but I cannot hear the caller.

Sorry for delay - am trying to recall but the problem went on for a few weeks. I was about ready to buy another phone when I received a phone update, and it started working. This happened twice. I tried things like unpairing and re-pairing without any luck. I still own Storm 2 9550 Verizon and knock on wood, no issues since then.

hi chibimaui,

The error comes of bluetooth connection i think it because of u have the lot of paring devices in your bluetooth setting that's why you could not connect with others so first delete the paired devices and if it not works you may concerned to the blackberry service centre.

I found that the bberry and car phone connection can get buggy and does not work right. I solved this by taking the battery out of the bberry. Once you reinsert the battery and turn on it on, it works perfectly again with the car. The problem is with the phone, not the car.

Back