Reverse signal?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a relay to open the speaker. The reverse wire is available at the relay box on the firewall behind the battery. The speaker is much harder to get to. It is in the drivers wheel well.

mwalsh said:
I take it they did away with the Pedestrian Warning System on/off switch in the 2012? That's how I turn mine off the morning when I don't want to disturb the neighborhood.
I dont know, where would it be?

mwalsh said:
I take it they did away with the Pedestrian Warning System on/off switch in the 2012? That's how I turn mine off the morning when I don't want to disturb the neighborhood.
They took out the switch and wiring for the 2012 version. The control box is still the same though for those wanting to add the switch and wiring back in. :D

In my case I wanted the warning. What I could not stand is the reverse beeper.

I tapped at the speaker since I have a lease and I did not want to cut the harness. It would be MUCH easier to interrupt the speaker at the module connector.

I originally did the complete disable mod but I really think the warning is a good thing.

GlennD said:
I tapped at the speaker since I have a lease and I did not want to cut the harness.
I only stripped away a little insulation leading up to the connector and wrapped one switch wire around the bare wire - no cutting of the wire needed. For the other switch wire, I just pushed it into the empty slot on the connector itself. It seemed a minimally-invasive way to connect the switch, and it's been working great.

DarkStar said:
mwalsh said:
They took out the switch and wiring for the 2012 version. The control box is still the same though for those wanting to add the switch and wiring back in. :D

Does anyone have the part number if the switch from the 2011? I know we'd have to add the wiring, but an OEM switch might be nice.

Back