Historic Orange, CA: Charge Station Pic

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hill

Just stopped by Orange City Hall today - to check out the charge spots:

5tunnl.jpg

Thanks tons to whom ever brought it to our attention!
;)

Orange City Hall is just 1-1/2 blocks east of the circle. Check the plugshare.com maps. The location now shows up on their database, along with their address.

hill said:
Just stopped by Orange City Hall today - to check out the charge spots:

Thanks tons to whom ever brought it to our attention!
;)

That would be our friend and new dad, xtremeflyer! Congrats on both counts!

I decided to drop by on the way home from work since they had disappeared off the Chargepoint website.
Unfortunately, this is what I found. As you can see, these Chargepoint units are not currently available
(understatement). I don't know the back story to the damage. Apparently, the alleged vandals just wanted to
deem these unusable ... and were not interested in the copper wire. :roll:

nOosil.jpg

9tLwOl.jpg

QDt02l.jpg

lG6SIl.jpg

tyRXZl.jpg

City of Orange, City Hall
300 E. Chapman Ave., Orange, CA
vandalism

Wow.. That's a bummer.. I just used these on Monday. My boot camp is across the street and I use it as opportunity charging. That's really a shame. There's no reason for it.

Wow. There are some really screwed up people in this world. It is a bad thing if tweekers were ripping the cable out for a few dollars to help their habit, but to just sledge hammer the charge handles? WTF is wrong with these guys? They just can't stand the thought of EVs? Would rather have their tax dollars wasted fixing them?

Just don't see the purpose of doing this...

This just makes me ill. This is in my hometown, and in a very nice historical area of Orange. I would love to chip in for a surveillance system.

z0ner said:
This just makes me ill. This is in my hometown, and in a very nice historical area of Orange. I would love to chip in for a surveillance system.

You know, the holsters lock when not in use... so who ever wanted to smash these must have a card, right? Hopefully Coulomb can sort it out. :x This is one of the nicest parts of Orange County, too!

Jeremy :cry:

JeremyW said:
You know, the holsters lock when not in use... so who ever wanted to smash these must have a card, right? Hopefully Coulomb can sort it out. :x This is one of the nicest parts of Orange County, too!
Jeremy :cry:
IIRC, the locking piece on one of the holsters was bent and twisted.
So, not likely the culprits were Coulomb card-carrying customers. ;)

Good news. Both Chargepoint units have been repaired and are back in business.

It was great to see the e-juice flowing again today. :p

300 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92866

JPVLeaf said:
Good news. Both Chargepoint units have been repaired and are back in business.

It was great to see the e-juice flowing again today. :p

300 E. Chapman Ave.
Orange, CA 92866

Like!

(We need a "Like" response button on here...)

Thanks jpv !!
Realizing the likelihood that it can happen again, I REEELY hope the city of orange has installed CCTV for that area. I'll see if I can swing by on the way home today.

Back