Official Infiniti LE thread - early 2017, 60 kWh

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Though not a big fan of the exterior, I can see a similarity in the interior to what we have in the LEAF, only it looks like a more cohesive package. I like it!

Think we'd be able to swap motors for a bump up in hp?? Oh yeah; one would have to worry about cable thicknesses, swapping out the motor controller, etc...

Boomer23 said:
More details in Nissan's press release. They're saying that the concept has the "proven" 24kWh battery pack, i.e. same as LEAF's. Disappointing. Torque and horsepower are increased, however.

Not necessarily a disappointment, if priced to match.

Nissan is narrowing it's Infiniti market greatly, by building a BEV. I think they are smart to make it an "entry level" one, so as not to have too high a sticker, and narrow the market further.

As per my previous thread posts, the better aero and (possibly) lower weight, might give real improvement over the LEAF, in freeway range,and it will certainly have improved acceleration.

As to it's looks, well..

When I first saw the LEAF in photos, I was almost scared away. It looked a lot better, when I saw it in the flesh.

I still think my LEAF is a little homely, but I've gotten used to it.

Boomer23 said:
More details in Nissan's press release. They're saying that the concept has the "proven" 24kWh battery pack, i.e. same as LEAF's. Disappointing. Torque and horsepower are increased, however.
Disappointing. If it has the same 73 EPA miles, I won't be buying this. I hope they will offer a higher range battery option when this gets to production.

AutoWeek has a bit (different?) info here.

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20120405/NEWYORK/120409917" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

34Kw Pack, 100 Kw motor with 134hp, 19" wheels... etc.

Maybe Nissan means it is using the same "proven" cells, but more of them. I don't see how it could weigh less than the LEAF. Sedans typically weigh less than Hatchs but being a foot longer, with a larger pack and luxury interior gismos could mean closer to two tons of car.

LTLFTcomposite said:
With a bigger motor and larger size wouldn't they have to increase battery capacity just to keep from going backwards in range?

Well 24kwh to 34kwh is over 40% larger capacity... and about 250lbs heavier if using the same LEAF cells. If they keep it at about 3600 lbs it will work very well in acceleration and might have better range than LEAF if driven strategically.

evnow said:
Disappointing. If it has the same 73 EPA miles, I won't be buying this. I hope they will offer a higher range battery option when this gets to production.
Agreed. I am not sure why they think that '100 miles' range is the magic bullet. This is a luxury car and we certainly expect at least 150 miles or better 200 miles. And we aren't even talking about EPA miles which will come in even lower. Somebody in the business dept is absolutely out of touch with the market.

Got some more pictures here too:

http://www.leftlanenews.com/infiniti-le.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It might look cool at night, but terrible during the day.

2015-infiniti-le-concept-1_653.jpg

LTLFTcomposite said:
With a bigger motor and larger size wouldn't they have to increase battery capacity just to keep from going backwards in range?
The bigger motor itself likely wouldn't decrease range. Unlike changing and ICE from a V-6 to a V-8... ;)
Of course, if you were to compare the range of a small electric motor vs. large electric motor at full throttle, that would be different.

I wonder if the range/% coincide... So if you're headed up a steep hill the GOM decreases to 30miles would the % remaining also decrease just as much?

infiniti-le-concept-05.jpg

Hehehe, it looks like it is engaging its transporter:

infiniti-le-concept-14.jpg

An optional larger battery pack is essential if they want to sell significant numbers of this car.

stanley said:
An optional larger battery pack is essential if they want to sell significant numbers of this car.

They have to have option for a 34kwh battery or they are completely crazy if they think this will be a big seller.

They should fill the trunk space with the optional 200lb additional 10kwh battery pack option. I doubt it though with the inductive charger. Learn from Tesla with the 3 options of pack sizes. 2 is a good start.

The outdoor pics look way better than the first pics snapped under low light. Everything about this car is cool except the possibility of only a 24kwh battery and the grill. This grill belongs on a gangsters SUV. Yo fool, look at my oversized bling bling grill.

From there press release: "The Infiniti LE Concept’s battery system is a proven laminated 24 kWh lithium-ion (Li-ion) design with a ChaDeMo DC50kW quick charger."

http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa/releases/infiniti-le-concept-a-vision-of-zero-emission-luxury-revealed-at-new-york-international-auto-show" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back