First cross town trip and made it no problem with 40 "miles"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrIanB

I had to go to my dr today across town 24 miles each way with 2/3s of highway travel. I had the car fully charged and left with 115 miles in Eco mode. Got to highway with 106 miles and due to stop and go traffic managed to have 96 miles when traffic opened up and got to dr with 68 miles left. No a/c used as it was cool and just cracked the window for fresh air. Once I left the drs office drove through neighborhood and eventually got back on highway and got home with 40 miles left on the guessometer. Highway speed was between 35 and 57 mph with cruise set as much as possible and plenty of room between person in front of me to maximize regen.

This trip has cured any further worries about range anxiety after two months. Love this car and can't ever wait till the next time I drive it.

Ian B

Today in 78F weather and beautiful sunny skies, I loaded my Leaf with 3 adults and 2 kids, from Plano to Irving,TX a distance of 30 miles one way, with AC running throught.

- with 100% charge started with 105 miles in GOM and drove only on city streets around 35mph, and after 30 miles of driving, ended up with 77 miles range available

- return trip all on highway, at 60 mph average and reached home with 38miles left.

Trip efficiency: 4.4 miles/Kwh.

The car handled very well and the range I got I thought was impressive.

Jay

mkjayakumar said:
Today in 78F weather .... reached home with 38miles left.

At that temp, flat land Texas, and 4.4m/kWh, you were good for about 90 miles, and you drove 60, showing 38 on the crazy meter for a combined 98 miles. Probably as good as the GuessOmeter gets!

Congrats on your trip, and welcome to the LEAF community.

mkjayakumar said:
Today in 78F weather and beautiful sunny skies, I loaded my Leaf with 3 adults and 2 kids, from Plano to Irving,TX a distance of 30 miles one way, with AC running throught.

- with 100% charge started with 105 miles in GOM and drove only on city streets around 35mph, and after 30 miles of driving, ended up with 77 miles range available

- return trip all on highway, at 60 mph average and reached home with 38miles left.

The car handled very well and the range I got I thought was impressive.

Jay
Did you take 190 to 183?

North Plano to Britain Rd., Irving:

Coit Rd (Hedgecox intersection) --> Royal Lane --> 35/Rt12 --> E Grauwyler Rd --> Britain Rd., Irving

I got bold on the return trip and it was all highway:

Rt 183 --> Rt12 --> 35E --> PGBT --> N Dallas tollway --> Legacy drive --> Coit

Back