AutoFlugel: check your charge via a text message

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just deployed a few changes to AutoFlugel.com. The most important are two new commands:

• ac on, which will turn on climate control
  • ac off, which will turn off climate control

I've also committed changes to pycarwings for these features. That includes scheduled ac support as well, but I haven't yet implemented the "ac on at /some time/" command into Autoflugel.

Please let me know if the commands don't work for you for some reason, and I'll troubleshoot.

Cheers,

You might add something like these commands:

help? - how to get help, web address and/or phone

test? - check Carwings Server connection

? - could reply with a list of working commands.

exp? - might reply with a list of experimental commands.

Thanks, this is so useful, especially for those without a smartphone! Even with a smartphone, this is just so much more convenient!

Great app!

MrIanB said:
Entered wrong carwings password on set up and getting failed to login texts. How do I fix.

Ian B

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner to edit your account.

haykinson said:
MrIanB said:
Entered wrong carwings password on set up and getting failed to login texts. How do I fix.

Ian B

Click on your name in the upper right hand corner to edit your account.

Did not work. Deleted account and re created it. Got welcome to app but carwings login failed??? I am using the printed copy of carwings with login and password. Could I not be in the db yet since I bought car on 1/21/12?

Signed up. But got this error back Sorry, your login to CARWINGS did not work

But i heard the car (parked right outside in my driveway) beep (reply) every time i sent a text. The only other time i used this password was when the dealer signed in on the car's Navi at the day of purchase. Also wanted to confirm that this password is separate from the nissanusa portal sign in (for web & app access).

This service certainly simplifies CarWings communication. Or does Nissan need to rethink this implementation?

MrIanB said:
Did not work. Deleted account and re created it. Got welcome to app but carwings login failed??? I am using the printed copy of carwings with login and password. Could I not be in the db yet since I bought car on 1/21/12?
You need to first register on the nissan website and use those login credentials, not the printed copy that you use to set up your car.

If that link doesn't work, try starting here instead.

pjoseph said:
Signed up. But got this error back Sorry, your login to CARWINGS did not work

Got it to work with the nissanusa password, not the Carwings password. The former is for signing in to the portal and apps. The latter seems the car's id.

This text message servicing is much easier to use than the Nissan alternative. Especially combined with Google voice (browser extension and Android app). In an Appy world, good old text messaging wins out in this case, at least for now.

Cars with Wi-Fi & 3G/4G are almost on the horizon. Until then we stay with the Leaf's GPRS implementation (which was the norm less than a decade ago).

The service is still working, but the web portal appears down. Can't login and the help section says only one command (status) is supported. In reality, three more commands (charge, ac on, ac off) work as well.

Autoflugel has been a valuable service. However, in the last couple of days it has been returning erroneous results. Anyone else?

The OpenWings Android app is more reliable.

Although i like Autoflugel for its elegance in simplicity.

Thanks for letting me know. Could you please post or PM me your phone number or email address and I'll try to troubleshoot? The service has been accurate for me, tough I only use it about three times a week personally.

Works great for me. I don't have a smart phone and the service is so much simpler and faster than using the iPad or computer. Thanks again.

Bill

The erroneous results lasted only for a couple of hours, more than 10 days ago. Things are back to normal now. Thanks Ilya.

Back