Battery maintenance required

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark13

I had the Leaf in for a check up @ 7500 miles with passing grades...I currently have 11000 miles on it and now Im getting a battery maintenance popping up on the dash..
The car runs fine so im surprised to see the warning..Has anyone else had the battery warning pop up ?

I haven't. I'm at 24,000 miles. Have you stepped through the menu to see if there is a mileage reminder - just like tire maintenance? Perhaps it was set up by the dealer.

There are two sets of maintenance warnings. The trip computer has preset warnings about tire maintenance and "Other" (Owner's Manual, p 2-32). The Navigation system has preset warnings about battery, air conditioning filter, tire maintenance and other (Navigation System Manual, p 6-3). I've already reset both sets of tire warnings, and at least two "Other" warnings.

sproqitman said:
There are two sets of maintenance warnings. The trip computer has preset warnings about tire maintenance and "Other" (Owner's Manual, p 2-32). The Navigation system has preset warnings about battery, air conditioning filter, tire maintenance and other (Navigation System Manual, p 6-3). I've already reset both sets of tire warnings, and at least two "Other" warnings.

And I suspect these two systems are redundant and don't talk to each other. That's a shame and bound to generate confusion.

sproqitman said:
Sorry for resurrecting a zombie thread of sorts - but what's REALLY doubly pathetic here is that the idiot light actually is a cabin filter, as far as I can tell. After reading and re-reading the service manual, there IS no air conditioning filter. Yea, our reminder just went off, right across the face of the MFD.

Actually, there is. It is just to the left of the glove box and accessed through the removable panel in the box (or you can remove the box entirely to get to it). I changed mine at about 15,000 miles...

hill said:
After reading and re-reading the service manual, there IS no air conditioning filter.

TomT said:
Actually, there is. It is just to the left of the glove box and accessed through the removable panel in the box (or you can remove the box entirely to get to it). I changed mine at about 15,000 miles...
Then how lame is that . . . . the service manual is in adobe - you can search all terms ... air ... conditioning ... filter - and you get nothing. You'd think that the documents would call it by at least ONE of the words referenced via the reminder.

hill said:
TomT said:
Then how lame is that . . . . the service manual is in adobe - you can search all terms ... air ... conditioning ... filter - and you get nothing. You'd think that the documents would call it by at least ONE of the words referenced via the reminder.

Not sure what service manual you are reading but if you open up "VTL.pdf" to page 20 there are instructions for replacing the "In-cabin microfilter".

it pains me that Nissan is doing whatever they can to insure minimal user maintenance. its the Prius cabin filter change in about 4 minutes on a lazy day verses spending 4 minutes just trying to figure out where the filter is after 10 minutes of disassembly...

ok, maybe i am exaggerating a bit... but still waaay more work than the Prius

Back