Post Your Order Details Here

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. This one does not have those heating options and being in Dallas I don't care.

I test drove another one yesterday with a other dealer. Most likely I will close this on Monday. [I just can't understand why these guys are closed on Sundays. A perfect day to check out cars]

Drove my new blue leaf from the dealer to home today, in Plano, TX !!!

My first day so far: 48 miles with around 60% on the freeway with Climate control ON. Guess-o-meter says another 36 miles remaining. I have connected the trickle charger in for overnight charging.

I am still shopping around for a good Level 2 charging unit and an installer.

I will provide updates in a weeks time.

Jay

I placed my order on March 3rd. I changed from a Glacier Pearl SV to a Cayenne Red SL. My dashboard changed from "Pending" to "March 22" on the 17th. My dealer called to alert me, and said it would probably be delivered early in April. :eek: Now I have to scramble to get my finances in order.

This would seem to indicate there is some supply available!

ordering march 3rd and getting a march 22nd date!

it should be like ordering a part at the dealer!

Reserve, place order, 1 week topps to transfer car from port. done PDI and delivery

no more 3 months wait, 1 week or so

then its better than GM putting volts at all the dealers and some sit while others have no cars

jimcmorr said:
I placed my order on March 3rd. I changed from a Glacier Pearl SV to a Cayenne Red SL. My dashboard changed from "Pending" to "March 22" on the 17th. My dealer called to alert me, and said it would probably be delivered early in April. :eek: Now I have to scramble to get my finances in order.

The car was delivered to me Monday this week (2Apr12). I can't believe I have it in my drive way three months before the original delivery estimate! :D I'll be sending my included EVSE in next week for conversion by EVSEUpgrade.com.

EdmondLeaf said:
Congrats Jim looks like all worked for you because got your Leaf. Are you already in GA or still in NH?

Thanks! NH was allowed to order last September but I placed my order at the beginning of March on my wife's urging. We thought it would be 3 or 4 months before it arrived and that would have fit well with our finances but it is 3 months early. :eek:

Nope. We are still in NH. Our house sale last August fell through. 3 days before closing the buyer backed out.

We had a signed sales agreement last week for 500 less than our MINIMUM price but the buyer didn't like the inspection report and asked to be released from the contract. We think he got cold feet or decided to get back with his ex and she didn't like the house. But we keep hoping to get it sold and moved to GA.

Model: 2012 SV
Color: Red
Options: None

Reserved 3-8-2012
RAQ 3-9-2012
Ordered 3-10-2012
Delivery went from pending to week of 4-25-2012
4-11-2012: Moved up to week of 4-27-2012.
4-13-2012: Moved up to week of 5-1-2012.
4-17-2012: Carwings opened up, got VIN.
4-18-2012: Moved up to week of 5-3-2012.
4-20-2012: Moved up to week of 5-7-2012.
4-23-2012: Moved up to week of 5-11-2012.
4-29-2012: Moved up to week of 5-15-2012.
5-2-2012: Moved up to week of 5-16-2012.

Charging: Utility funded 240V charger on time-of-day meter. 8 hours of 120V availability at work should allow me to top it off before I leave. I'm guessing about 40% of my charging will be done at 120V so long as work permits it.

State : KS
Metro area/city : Kansas City
Color/trim: Cayenne/SV....Updated order to the SL sort of the anti-buyers remorse
Options: None
Accessories: None
Total MSRP+destination charge: 37k
Purchase or lease?: Purchase

Actual order date (when quote was accepted): 4/15/12
Dealer: McCarthy Nissan
Delivery date: June
Plans for home charging: Level 2 charging station...Apr 30 'assessment'

and now newly updated plans for garage door to get the thing in the garage to charge it

I've been considering a Leaf for a while. I had been holding off because a very common trip we make is 66 miles door to door +1000 feet and so we'd barely make it at highway speeds.

Well, since then a co-worker who built her own EV guilted me into ordering one. She kept pointing out the 10kW solar power system I had and that I just "donated" most of the power back to SDG+E. (I actually get 2 to 4 cents for the power but that's about 1/5 of its cost.) So I finally gave in, and last Sunday night at 10pm I put an order in via the website.

Monday morning at 9am I got a call from the dealer. "We have an SL in your color coming in this morning; do you want it?" I went down and picked it up that afternoon.

Since then I've been using the trickle charger here and our Level 2 chargers at work. I just got an upgraded EVSE that should be a reasonable substitute for the Blink charger, which I am now waiting on. It does mean I have to put in a subpanel to deal with all the new loads I'll be adding (a 240V 30A circuit for brewing, a 240V 20A circuit for the EVSE cable and a 240V 30A for the Blink.)

Delayed again. Despite getting my VIN a week ago, Nissan says the car still hasn't left Japan (due to depart today), and is due to arrive at the dealer on May 11...

Edit: Just found out Ford Focus Electric lease pricing has been released. What costs me $350/mo for the LEAF (39 month lease, 2499 down, 15,000 miles) is $465/mo for the FFE. Way out of my price range. Ford says it will be in the Detroit area by early August 2012.

kubel said:
Delayed again. Despite getting my VIN a week ago, Nissan says the car still hasn't left Japan (due to depart today), and is due to arrive at the dealer on May 11...

Did you talk to your dealer or to Nissan customer service? There is no way a car can depart Japan today, arrive in the US (somewhere on the ocean) and make it to your dealer in 2 1/2 weeks. You have the VIN, the car is in the US. If it were me I would be asking my dealer about it.

billvon said:
... It does mean I have to put in a subpanel to deal with all the new loads I'll be adding (a 240V 30A circuit for brewing, a 240V 20A circuit for the EVSE cable and a 240V 30A for the Blink.)
Any special reason to have separate circuits for the Blink and the EVSE upgrade? You can plug the EVSE upgrade into the Blink outlet if the Blink goes on the blink. That's what I always did. BTW, the Blink usually requires a 40a circuit. It is reportedly possible to configure it for a smaller circuit, but one person here reported being unable to get an inspector to sign off on such an install.

jimcmorr said:
Did you talk to your dealer or to Nissan customer service? There is no way a car can depart Japan today, arrive in the US (somewhere on the ocean) and make it to your dealer in 2 1/2 weeks. You have the VIN, the car is in the US. If it were me I would be asking my dealer about it.

I spoke with Nissan customer service (they asked for my VIN and looked it up in their system). I'll check with my dealer.

kubel said:
I spoke with Nissan customer service (they asked for my VIN and looked it up in their system). I'll check with my dealer.

I think you will find more reliable information from your dealer.

I never suffered the anxiety that many on this forum have expressed but when my dealer called to give a delivery date I checked my dashboard, the date there was not the same as the date my dealer gave me. As I recall his date changed a couple of times as well but he called me, very excited one day a couple of weeks later and said that the truck with my LEAF on it had just driven into the lot. His dates were closer than the dashboard to the actual delivery and I believe that customer service has only the dashboard info.

Anyway. like I said in another post, perhaps on another thread, it's kind of like giving birth, in that once you have the car in your drive way all the anxiety goes away and you have that EV grin as you drive by gas stations or think about the cost of gasoline. :D

mkjayakumar said:
Congratulations on your new Leaf. How are you doing on the 66 mile trip you were concerned earlier ?

Haven't tried it yet. But based on the range numbers I am getting so far it shouldn't be an issue. (At least for me - but then again I can regularly get 55mpg in our Prius on the same route; my wife gets 36mpg or so.)

Back