Anyone in Georgia?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaftogo1 said:
tharcaps said:
The $2,500 credit is for commercial installation, not residential. The residential EVSE rebate is 30% of the installed cost.
This is why I do my own taxes.

I told her that but she insisted, so we shall see,
Do they have a "We go to jail for you" guarantee? Or at least pay all penalties.

So today the LEAF is available for nationwide ordering and I've just spotted my first one (in motion and with the driver inside) zooming past me. Very cool but my wife was sad when I told her... "I wanted us to be the only ones with the LEAF!"

cracovian said:
So today the LEAF is available for nationwide ordering and I've just spotted my first one (in motion and with the driver inside) zooming past me. Very cool but my wife was sad when I told her... "I wanted us to be the only ones with the LEAF!"

So what's the waiting time? Do you still order "on Line" or do they have them on the lot?

I just received my Peach-Pass windshield sticker: it's a "Toll-Exempt" account!!!
This is one of the greatest days of my life. I can finally blow past traffic with HOV privileges and no tolls, just like an emergency vehicle!
That's reason enough for thousands of people to buy a Leaf!!!
BTW, we must have the AFV plate on the car in order to get the toll-exempt account.
Enjoy!!!

tharcaps said:
I just received my Peach-Pass windshield sticker: it's a "Toll-Exempt" account!!!
This is one of the greatest days of my life. I can finally blow past traffic with HOV privileges and no tolls, just like an emergency vehicle!
BTW, we must have the AFV plate on the car in order to get the toll-exempt account.
Enjoy!!!
What is an AFV plate and how do you apply for a Peach-Pass?

N952JL said:
tharcaps said:
Enjoy!!!
What is an AFV plate and how do you apply for a Peach-Pass?
Alternate Fuel Vehicle. You can apply for one at your DMV, and it will be mailed to you. It does cost extra, but has a nice green Leaf. The tag in turn gets you an exemption from Peach Pass tolls, but that will only benefit you on I-85 in Dekalb and Gwinnett. At 5:00 near I-285 it is a real Golden Ticket though! (peachpass.com).

Do you need the AFV for the HOV lane? I was at the tag office getting the license plate for my leaf and the lady said I didn't and that there is no special license plate for alternate fuel vehicles... I believed her because I figured he would know, working at the tag office and all.

Chris30269 said:
Do you need the AFV for the HOV lane? I was at the tag office getting the license plate for my leaf and the lady said I didn't and that there is no special license plate for alternate fuel vehicles... I believed her because I figured he would know, working at the tag office and all.
Here's the link for the tag:
http://motor.etax.dor.ga.gov/motor/plates/platesamples.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It has a link embedded within it for the form you must fill out. You can print it out yourself if your DMV can't seem to find it. I forgot to mention that it will give you access to all HOV lanes, not just the Peach Pass HOT lane.

Chris30269 said:

When I went into the South Fulton tag office, they had no idea what the AFV tag was. I had to show them the tag on their own website, via my phone. It then took them about 10 minutes in conference to come back to the window and process my application.

The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.

things have changed in Atlanta since I left in 2000. They turned the HOV lanes into toll roads. I remember when toll roads were not allowed south of the Mason Dixie line. While I would love the tag and of course the exemptions from the toll, it would not do me any good since I don't have the range yet to reach Atlanta. I might have to reconsider once the QC chargers are in place. I wish the government would place QC chargers at every rest area on GA interstates.

I got the call from my dealer today that one of the "recall" parts is in (whatever goes in the front dam) but the the updated owner's manual is still backordered. He told me everything should be in by my next oil change :) I laughed out loud... Old habits don't die easily.

On the "Alternative Fuel Vehicle" plate, I printed the form from the state's website and took it to the Alpharetta Tag Office. The lady had absolutely no idea what it was; I had to explain it to the idiot. She
Eft for five ,inutes to consult others, then returned and said they didn't have any such plate.
I stood there, refusing to break the silence.
She left again, and returned a few minutes later. She told me the tag would be mailed to me and then gave me another temporary plate for the meantime.
One must have the AFV to blow through the HOV lanes.

cracovian said:
The AFV plate is required for single person riding in the HOV lane. If you have a LEAF without one, you'll get a ticket. I decided not to get the special license plate since it was extra and we don't commute that much and alone. I didn't know about the tolls; that sounds really cool.

I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.

amtoro said:
cracovian said:

I thought they had removed the carpooling exemption altogether when they converted the HOV to Toll Road. Initially they had said that it was going to be OK for cars with 3 (no longer just 2) occupants to travel on them without a pass, but then they backed-out and the signs disappeared; only "Peach Pass" signs were there the last time I drove in that direction.

I don't go that way either but if 3 or more occupants are no longer exempted then they'd better update the site (it has all kinds of outdated info, btw):

http://www.peachpass.com/about/exempt-vehicles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What's up with all these new Walgreens charging stations (3-5?) all congragated in East Atlanta out of the sudden? I'm not complaining but I wonder if they're going to spread the love into other areas at all. They were not supposed even open them down here, so I'm just curious if anyone knows anything and where they're going (cost and area-wise)

amtoro said:
cracovian said:

You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.

nogajim said:
amtoro said:
cracovian said:

You have to have a Peach Pass to drive in the HOT lane on I-85 north of the perimeter. If you have 3 or more occupants, you are exempt from tolls, but you still need the Pass. You can change the status of your pass between toll and exempt by calling or using their website or phone app. With an AFV plate on your Leaf, you can register your Pass as always exempt. But you have to have the pass regardless of your status.

Thanks for the clarification, Jim! :D

This is all very interesting. I live in a small town south of Savannah. My nephew, in Atlanta, has a leaf, and told me that they are very hard to get. I called Vaden Nissan in Savannah, and they had a 2011 white Leaf that was their demo. It had about 600 miles on it, and they sold it to me that same day. They also paid for my charger! Maybe they are expecting a newer demo? I'm not sure. Anyway, I love the care, they have been very helpful, and they have two charges. They also rent out cars (at discount to Nissan owners), so I'll leave my Leaf with them and rent a car for any road trips that I might take. Works for me! Take care, LauraA

Back