non existent Chargers on Carwings

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brightonuk

That's basically it

Carwings showed me a charger in a Mall but drove to the location and no charger. is this a normal occurrence with Carwings? As in Florida they are few and far between it would be nice to have accurate info

That would suck. Luckily I know there are no chargers here in Norfolk except at all the Nissan dealers. So I never bothered looking with my Volt. The only place that will let me charge is the Nissan dealer that has the deposit for me Leaf anyway, and with the Volt I don't really need it. I guess I am fortunate that the Leaf will get me everywhere I need to go without charging. Then again I wish sometimes I were in Cali or D.C. where they have tons of public chargers.

I have the same issue with a charger that suddenly appeared on my Nav the other day. No one at Publix or the state vehicle center knew anything about it. I want to call the plaza owner (Regency?) and ask them if they are planning something.

This one is at Broward Mall it is no big deal as I was not low, just curious at this new charger location, but for anyone looking to squeeze that last mile from their Leaf to a charger it would be a real bummer to get there and no charger.

Do we inform Nissan?

I have seen where some of the locations are listed by street address, not physical location. The one at my local Walgreen's shows as being on the street side, but it's actually much further back in the parking lot. Malls usually have multiple large parking lots, so perhaps there actually IS one there somewhere, just not exactly where it's showing on the map?

We asked Paul Balart who was driving around the lot in his golf cart and he said he has never seen one.

I mean is it our responsibility to inform Nissan about ghost charge locations on Carwings
I don’t mind doing my part but whom do you tell?
Where does Carwings get it‘s charger locations info from anyway?

Good questions for Nissan Customer Service.

Also Add:
How do we report somewhat incorrect locations?

Does Nissan intend to add filters, current status, fees, etc.?
(if not, the Carwings database is basically obsolete and mostly useless)

----
Has anybody written an application that will log into the 10 main charging-station databases and allow convenient comparison of the locations, status, etc. given by each?

Then, allow selection (or entry) of the most-nearly correct (or more correct) location and other information ...

Then, automatically send corrections to any database owners who are willing to receive them.

Trying to look at each database manually is too much effort for anybody.

Indeed, you SHOULD be able to get good, complete, accurate, up-to-date location and status information.

Now ... back to how to deal with the present "reality" situation.

If Nissan's BEST plans are to give you possibly incorrect adresses ... then Carwings
is just a sales gimmick that MIGHT have some (very) small value.

We need to support a database that is responsive to corrections,
has filters and status, etc.

But, there appears to be (currently) no major coordination between the major "waring" charging-station providers. Yes, why should they cooperate?

Back