Charge Port Cover

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TonyWilliams

Direct from Japan!

396866a1.jpg

16dc7970.jpg

Aside from the "cool factor" for having something that is not generally available in the US, another purpose is to prevent getting a ticket or tow from AB475 by allowing the owner to lock the EVSE connection...

http://www.pluginamerica.org/drivers-seat/why-were-asking-governor-veto-ab-475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Randy said:
Aside from the "cool factor" for having something that is not generally available in the US, another purpose is to prevent getting a ticket or tow from AB475 by allowing the owner to lock the EVSE connection...

http://www.pluginamerica.org/drivers-seat/why-were-asking-governor-veto-ab-475" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

how does that lock the J1772 connection from a commercial EVSE?

It latches in place between the car and the charge port cover, thus preventing anyone from open the charge port and disconnecting the J1772...

Attachments

• cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 666
  • cover2.jpg
    cover2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 666
  • cover3.jpg
    cover3.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 666
Yes.
There are brackets that you install that hold the "cover"
in place. When finished charging, you "release"
the "cover" from the brackets, slide it out, close the hatch,
and stow this anti-tampering "cover", usually in the boot.

Hey!

I'm a future Nissan Leaf driver from Norway! I'm looking to buy this, but I'm looking to see the price difference between Japan and the UK. Where did you buy your charge port cover?

I put a little padlock on my J1772. Its a lot cheaper and performs the same function.

Can you put a link up that you used to order it or a list of parts you can get, I would like to order some of the other items from Japan like fog lights etc...

Can they get other parts I dont mind paying a fee for yours and their time would really like to get a couple parts

Back