Glove box Question

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went by Towne North Nissan in Austin this weekend and explained light was missing but harness and hole are there.. they ordered it for me and told me to go to service to have a warranty ticket written up. Part in, going by at lunch! Will confirm after that they put it in for free (hopefully!)

update: Good news and bad news.

Good: the light was in and plugged right in and I wasn't charged a penny!

Bad: they didn't order the lens to cover it and the light doesn't work. :|

I know there was voltage to the harness.. so I'll have to check it out again when I get home to my mulitmeter. Will keep you posted.

According to the exploded diagram associated with that part number ( few posts back) there doesn't appear to be a lens?? But the socket and bulb that attaches to the end of the wiring harness has no way to attach to the glove box. Anyone with a glove box light care to take a pic of the box with the light and the light removed???

PatricioEV said:
According to the exploded diagram associated with that part number ( few posts back) there doesn't appear to be a lens?? But the socket and bulb that attaches to the end of the wiring harness has no way to attach to the glove box. Anyone with a glove box light care to take a pic of the box with the light and the light removed???

Here's how it looks in mine. Seems like some kind of plastic matte cover that is snapped in in the hole (I tried removing it but the tabs did not budge with my fingers, some tool is probably needed to take it off):

LeafGloveBox.jpg

well I'm definitively not getting any voltage now... though I know there was voltage before. Can't find any burned fuses, etc... Ah well. May have to add a light. Btw, it is NOT an LED; it's a small incandescent.

Called Nissan they said take it to the dealer.. called the dealer he has to order the part(s) and call me when they get here so I aint gonna worry just let them deal with it.

fyi - had a blown fuse... fixed and glove box they put in works perfectly.. still need the holder to fill the hole, apparently that is only sold with the entire glove box insert for $170! Calling the dealer who delivered it to get that taken care of.. will let you know.

After reading this string I decided to go out and see what I have on my Leaf. I opened the passenger door, reached across the car to turn on the headlights (key in hand). The headlights did not go on but the glovebox light did. Then I closed the passenger door, opened the driver's door switched the lights on and they lit....along with the "lights on" warning. So I guess you can only leave the lights on if the driver's door has been open? :)

The fix or parts for the fix are on Back order according to my dealer and I think I was the first one to question this.
Maybe all the 2012 owners have called thier dealer :lol:

Got a call from the dealer that the new glove box is in

I hope all those with the missing part are contacting their dealers, remember that they will need to order the complete glove box assembly, as Nissan in their wisdom does not list the cover as an available part and the dealer may not be aware of this

CWO4Mann said:
I just checked my glove box and no light but it does have the cut-out hole. I'll mosey over to the dealer this Saturday and tell them that I found "a defect" and see what they say.

Just got back from the dealer .. parts guy said that there is no glove box light for 2012 models at all but he did order a plastic cover to fill the hole. Which is at odds with other posters here who have discovered that the whole glove box has to be replaced. Guess the parts guys will find out soon enuff. No problem, as long as there is room for my pistos, extra magazines and vodka bottles.

CWO4Mann said:
CWO4Mann said:
I just checked my glove box and no light but it does have the cut-out hole. I'll mosey over to the dealer this Saturday and tell them that I found "a defect" and see what they say.

Just got back from the dealer .. parts guy said that there is no glove box light for 2012 models at all but he did order a plastic cover to fill the hole. Which is at odds with other posters here who have discovered that the whole glove box has to be replaced. Guess the parts guys will find out soon enuff. No problem, as long as there is room for my pistos, extra magazines and vodka bottles.

That's exactly what my parts guy said too.. .turned out he got the wrong part. Let us know if yours is successful.

Pick mine up today with a new glove box and a light

These are some ref #s from the invoice

997052 WN $33.00
Part Number1 68520-3NA0A Cover Box $176.33
Lower Apron on order

Back