Car won't turn off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LTLFTcomposite said:
leafwing said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
All these different scenarios of plugged in, then not plugged in, foot on/off brake, press 0/1 button one, two, three times, a/c turned on from your phone, then bypass the charge timer, then walk away with the fob in your pocket, etc etc etc... it's enough to make your head spin! :?

I haven't had any problems yet but fear my days are numbered
I hope that you will not have a problem ever.

My problem is when something like this does hit I won't remember the exact sequence of events that triggered it. I hope the software in this thing has good logging/tracing so they can find the bug quickly and get an update out.

I provided as much information as I can remember in order to minimize the questions that will follow after other members read my post. As far as I know, the sequence of events is very normal to me, and I don't think any of the events has caused the "meter board" to fail.
By the way, I was the first one to report the A/C problem. It was a hot day and I was so disappointed because I have to call for a towing truck for the second time in in ten years. It is just bad luck.
To conclude:
The bad news: the "meter board" has not arrived, so the car will be at the shop for the next four days or more.
The good news: I felt lethargic after driving the rental ICE car for three days ( the dealer ran out of loner cars, so he put me in a rental car); so I went to Enterprise to turn it in. They called the location with two Leafs and I went there. I turned in the ICE car and drove home in a Sliver Leaf. I could not be happier.
Thanks to Courtesy Nissan in Richardson, TX for their outstanding support for Leaf owners.

leafwing said:
garygid said:
Did you try applying the Parking Brake as the message suggested?
Yes. Watch what happened when I applied it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEsp7MvaIkI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hey Leftwing -

Today when my wife got to work she had the exact same problem. She tried several times to turn the car off with no luck, however when it was turned on it acted completely normal and she was able to drive home. At home it once again acted the exact same way and won't completely turn off. I have tried every different way to get it to turn off and it will not, it just goes from on to a state just like shown on your YouTube video. Right now it is sitting our driveway plugged in charged to 80%, but acting exactly like your video. So tomorrow we will be taking it into the dealer.

Did they fix your car yet? If so, was it the meter board as they thought?

DarkStar said:
leafwing said:
I do not have anything plugged in the accessory power port.
What do you mean by a "battery plugged in"?
I was charging a battery backup with inverter via the accessory port in my Leaf, and I surprisingly found out that when I turned off the car that the Clarion system stayed on until I unplugged the battery backup that I was charging.

The 12V power port can run in reverse. This is true of several modern cars I've been in. If you have what is essentially another 12V battery attached to it (a large flashlight or the backup system you describe) then it will power the accessories on the car presumably from the other side of the switch that keeps the power off them normally. First time it happened to me I thought the car (an Accord) was possessed.

I know this is an old thread. Happened to me today.

I had mentioned "turtle mode" in front of my kids a week or so ago. Today we were low on energy, so we ran it down to turtle mode (heater on, driving around the block). Pulled into the driveway. Before I turned the car off, my son had plugged it in. I dutifully unplugged it, but then found it would not turn off. Holding the break, pressing the button multiple times, it just kept telling me to press the brake.

Pressing the button once without the break depressed finally turned it off.

Back