LEAF Ordering Process for you the customers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deetime7767

Just completed last stage of training. Here's how the process goes:

*You receive an email that you can now place a 'RAQ' or "request a quote"...go to Nissan LEAF's home page, login to "my account", click on Customer Dasboard
*Finalize model, color options and accessories, determine payment type, trade-in or not and bundle or not the cost of the HCD (home charging dock), and select your 'preferred' delaer to receive that quote (you can select multiple dealers, but can only deal 1 dealer at a time) should you reject and go with another dealer, you have to wait a minmum of 24hrs
*Submit
*Dealers' quote details your purchase type, offered price, applicable figures, provides 'window of opportunity' for your reply at their discretion...puts you on their time to act. Reasonable time to reply will surely be given.
*If offer is accepted, you'll receive confirmation email from Nissan and then that order goes directly to Nissan
*Once your LEAF is scheduled for prodo, you'll then recieve an ETA!

Please form an orderly line here..... :D

If you select two dealers do you chose the first one to quote? Which one quotes first, do we choose that? NOt clear on that one.

Two possibilities I have a question about.

Assume
1] you HAVE previously chosen a "preferred dealer";
2] you have NOT previously chosen a "preferred dealer".

In case of 1] ... is this "preferred dealer" that's already in your account the first one you must select to do a RAQ ? Or can you pick a different one before you "submit" the RAQ ?

In case of 2] ... can you choose ANY dealer, no matter how far from your home zip code ?

Thanks.

deetime7767 said:
*Finalize model, color options and accessories, determine payment type, trade-in or not and bundle or not the cost of the HCD (home charging dock),...

- Did you get to see the color options and accessories ?
- payment type : is that lease vs buy ?
- Atleast for trade in you need to meet the dealer ...

evnow said:
Or do you ? In other words, is this question just for reason of "process" not requiring the dealer to (yet) commit to a trade-in value ?

What if I have a group discount (Costco, etc.) with my preferred dealer? Is there somewhere (a notes field, etc.) where I can notify them along with my options and color?

LEAFer said:
Two possibilities I have a question about.

Assume
1] you HAVE previously chosen a "preferred dealer";
2] you have NOT previously chosen a "preferred dealer".

In case of 1] ... is this "preferred dealer" that's already in your account the first one you must select to do a RAQ ? Or can you pick a different one before you "submit" the RAQ ?

In case of 2] ... can you choose ANY dealer, no matter how far from your home zip code ?

Thanks.
@ EVDRIVER too...
You can select the "preferred dealer" based on zip code info Nissan already has on you; multiples even but, you can only deal with them 1 RAQ at a time. For instance...your local dealer is $1K over MSRP. You can contact them and negotiate, agree or reject them, then must wait the 24hrs to select the next dealer in que that you have available in your zip code proximity. Not clear as yet if someone can select out-of-state dealers and such. I'll find out. Probably you can put in the zip of the dealership you wish to RAQ and then be allowed to put multiple dealer in que based on that particular zip code.
Hope this answers your questions. I not, I'll try to get you the best and most accurate info I can. I have some questions myself and will speak to my EVOM and get more clarity.

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
*Finalize model, color options and accessories, determine payment type, trade-in or not and bundle or not the cost of the HCD (home charging dock),...

- Did you get to see the color options and accessories ?
- payment type : is that lease vs buy ?
Colors are still the same. Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such

As to payment type...yes, your RAQ will ask you to select lease or buy...it'll also ask whether or not you have a trade-in at that time but, really has no relevancy or than for data-sake I suppose.

can you order in sept as a buy order, but car comes in and you decide to lease instead?

Depending on how fast the car goes from order to "in hand" I might buy or lease.

Gavin

kballs said:
What if I have a group discount (Costco, etc.) with my preferred dealer? Is there somewhere (a notes field, etc.) where I can notify them along with my options and color?
As far as I know, there are no discount programs being honored by Nissan in particular. Your "preferred dealer" may offer you some kind of discount of their own volition.

deetime7767 said:
Colors are still the same.
That sucks.

Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such
I think a lot of us are interested in the decal. Is that the huge side one or a small one ? Any prices ?

As to payment type...yes, your RAQ will ask you to select lease or buy...it'll also ask whether or not you have a trade-in at that time but, really has no relevancy or than for data-sake I suppose.
Is lease or buy also just informational or binding ? Can't decide on that until residuals are known.

Gavin said:
can you order in sept as a buy order, but car comes in and you decide to lease instead?

Depending on how fast the car goes from order to "in hand" I might buy or lease.

Gavin
Final method of payment is approximately 2 weeks out from taking delivery if I remember correctly. I'll double check that one for you Gavin. :)

evnow said:
deetime7767 said:
Colors are still the same.
That sucks.

Accessories are only a couple...Hologram kick plates, ECO pkg: zero emission body decal
Floor mats and such
I think a lot of us are interested in the decal. Is that the huge side one or a small one ? Any prices ?

Is lease or buy also just informational or binding ? Can't decide on that until residuals are known.
The online training didn't give pertinent details like accessories cost, size of the decal and such. I was able to make this out from the static version of the Dealer Dashboard that I'll be using that should be operational on the 27th...the Customer Dashboard should come online thereafter, at which time you can RAQ! The 'lease or buy' query is informational I believe and isn't binding at time of RAQ. If I am told differently later I'll surely make it known here.

Gonewild said:
What is the ECO package mean?
The ECO package consist of:
Hologram 3D door kick plates
"Zero Emissions" graphic and
Interior theme appliques

Other accessories include: cargo cover and cargo net, splash guards, cargo & floor mats, protection pkg and a safety kit.

It should be known that, you CAN NOT RAQ if you have not requested a 'home assessment' for a charger! I'm trying to get clarity on this one too, so stay tuned as I know what a lot of you out there might be thinking.

Back