Portland Oregon Group

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kwood said:
I leased my Leaf and the way it went was: Nissan takes the $7500 Federal Tax credit but *not* the State tax credit. Indeed, after I had the car 2 months Nissan sent me an letter alerting me to the fact that they were taking the Fed tax credit but also encouraging me to take advantage of Oregon's $1500 credit in my 2011 tax return.

BTW, I just got my Oregon tax credit card in today's mail. This is for my Volt, not the Leaf (I did not have the Leaf long enough and would probably be risking an audit for 'intent to resell' if I took it for the Leaf). It took a little less than the 6 weeks quoted here.

Thanks HIOJim. That's what it looks like from the instructions. Did you have to have a letter of authorization from the owner (in your case GM)?
No, I only sent in the form. But I purchased the Volt so it wasn't a lease situation.

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Charging-stations-on-I-5-due-by-spring-2429053.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"In Oregon, six stations along I-5 have been completed and work is under way on two more stations, said Oregon Department of Transportation spokesman Art James. They should be fired up by late January, he said. Along I-5, the stations will be located in cities including Eugene, Medford, Roseburg and Ashland."

Is there a map showing the location of all 6 stations exact location?

camasleaf said:
Is there a map showing the location of all 6 stations exact location?
No map yet, however you'll want to bookmark the West Coast Green Highway website for information about the I-5 project.

One thing to keep in mind is that this is just one of three DC Quick Charger projects slated for Oregon. West Coast Green Highway is the I-5 project from Canada to Mexico and is being put together via the various transportation departments of Washington, Oregon, and California. The second project is The EV Project, which will be installing DC Quick Charge stations in metro areas. The third project is one just by the Oregon Department of Transportation's Office of Innovative Partnerships and will be installing DC Quick Charge stations along Oregon's various highways.

WA broke ground on QC #1 on Monday. we will have 6 in the I-5 corridor plus 3 more with 2 in I-90 going east and one on the Kitsap Peninsula.

cant wait to try it! i will have 3 within EASY Driving distance of me. i will be doing Burgerville EVERY week when the QC gets installed at the Centralia Wendy's (sorry Wendy but you dont serve food produced locally)

Just had an unfortunate encounter with the Hollywood Blink Quick Charge. It would start charging and then give an error message. I called Blink and re created the event with the representative watching over the network. She said it was a brand new error code that nobody has seen so far.... Lovely. We ended up only getting enough charge on the L2 while shopping to make up for the wandering to find the quick chage and we had to stop off at Kohl's before finishing our trip home.

perpetualstudent said:
Just had an unfortunate encounter with the Hollywood Blink Quick Charge. It would start charging and then give an error message. I called Blink and re created the event with the representative watching over the network. She said it was a brand new error code that nobody has seen so far.... Lovely. We ended up only getting enough charge on the L2 while shopping to make up for the wandering to find the quick chage and we had to stop off at Kohl's before finishing our trip home.

Based on the experience with L2 Blink units: it just needs a reboot :lol: .

Do we know if it is still down? Did Blink send somebody to fix it?

Edit: 12/31/2011 - It worked fine for me today, twice. There is now a click when the connector goes in, and the connector needs a light push to go in. I did not noticed this before.

Happy New Year to all.

Today I charged again at Fred Meyer, both plugs were ON. I pulled to the left one, plugged in the car when a blue Leaf pulls next to me to the right side. That is when I learned how (NOT) to plug in the car without touching the handle: you just slam it in the car port and push on the cable. I was speechless, but the red light on his plug came ON :shock: . Before I could say anything the guy asked me why his blue lights do not come on. I explained to him that he needs to select a percentage and to push charge. And after I stop my side his should start. He pushed the buttons on the screen and left.
I decided I need to calm down and talk to the guy when he comes back.

I went into the store and came to the car about 15 minutes later just when a red Leaf just pulled at the L2.
I had to take a picture, three Leafs charging. Well, ... almost. The L2 was not working, could not read the card. I was at 65% and decided to let the Red leaf charge on QC. The red Leaf driver tells me that he never used the DC and I decided to help him plug in. I parked my car and when I came back I noticed that the blue Leaf did not start to charge, his screen said "you are next but" the red light on the connector was off :twisted: .

Back to the red Leaf, I watch him taking the plug out of the charger, he squeezed the handle a little bit. When he tried to plug it in, the handle would not come up. I told him to push the release button and that released the handle. I have the confirmation that,at least on that connector, the handle will get stuck if you squeeze it before being plugged in. And also that pushing the release button will fix the issue. I told him to make sure that the plug is fully seated before squeezing the handle. I put the plug in for him and let him squeeze the handle to see how easy is to do it if the plug is fully/correctly seated.

As we were done with the red Leaf, the blue Leaf driver comes back. I told him that for some reason his side did not start and that I would like to tell him that "I noticed he was a bit rough with the connector". The guy did not like my remark, decided to disconnect and leave. When he put the connector back on the charge he did not push it all the way in. I pushed it in all the way and explain to him that if the square part connector is not in between the two horizontal rolls it could fall down and break. I said a few time "We need to to be gentle and careful with these connector as they break easily". I mention to the red Leaf driver that there are video instruction on the internet. I am not sure if the blue Leaf driver heard me, he was in a hurry to leave.

:idea: Conclusions: Instead of those adds on the big useless monitor, Blink should play instruction how to plug in. They should monitor the cards and determine the first time users and force them to watch the video before allowing them to enter the zip code. Also, there should be a big "Play instructions" button (on the touch screen) for people that actually want to learn how to use the QCDC correctly. Plugging in the DC connector, can be challenging for some people.

Just checking in with the Portland area leafers-to-be!

I've been getting my delivery date pushed back, originally from yesterday to Feb. 16. Oscar at Nissan customer service said the other day the car was supposed to leave Long Beach last Thursday so one would think it would be here sooner, but no change to the est delivery date of the 16th.

Anyone else in our area with this delivery schedule, or something like it? Nissan says they hold putting them on the train until they have enough in the same are to warrant it. I guess they're getting the most out of the $850 delivery charge that they can. :(

I suppose it won't hurt me to wait until the middle of the month and avoid the snow, but my Schneider is lonely...

Ken

Kwood said:
Just checking in with the Portland area leafers-to-be!

I've been getting my delivery date pushed back, originally from yesterday to Feb. 16. Oscar at Nissan customer service said the other day the car was supposed to leave Long Beach last Thursday so one would think it would be here sooner, but no change to the est delivery date of the 16th.

Anyone else in our area with this delivery schedule, or something like it? Nissan says they hold putting them on the train until they have enough in the same are to warrant it. I guess they're getting the most out of the $850 delivery charge that they can. :(

I suppose it won't hurt me to wait until the middle of the month and avoid the snow, but my Schneider is lonely...

Ken

nearly 3 weeks? that is a bit long. last year i got mine jan 18th, people in Ca got their jan 5th. so if on train yesterday, i would say closer to the 9th or 10th

ODOT posted a new video on youtube describing the installation of charging stations along the I-5 corridor and elsewhere in Oregon. The video shows a station being installed and mentions the Detroit and Sisters projects, although no dates are mentioned.

Not entirely sure if this is the right location relative to what I'm about to ask but;
Has anyone in this thread had their LEAF unplugged while they were away?
Possibly while in Salem?

Not sure how many here are familiar with Tumblr but to save some time, it's like Twitter but better IMO.
407182_337468042942647_100000383624173_1140338_368523734_n.jpg

So if anyone here was wondering why their car was unplugged, you can thank "Audi" as he claims his name to be on his page. I follow the trends: Nissan LEAF and electric cars, this is what I happened to find this tonight. His main page says that he lives in Oregon, Salem, is an 18 year old libertarian and is a vegan. Apparently he's not a fan of electric cars or hippies.
I'm guessing he won't be a fan of the internet either.. :ugeek:

So if you check out "Audi's" tumblr page you quickly find that this young man has several issues possibly going on with him. It looks like he is attending Chemeketa Community college in Salem, OR. He appears to not be a very smart EVT (electric vehicle terrorist). He has pictures of himself, the school he attends, pictures of the inside of his house and of his cat named Kim Jong Ill. If he really is unplugging public EVSEs, it or something else he is engaged in will catch up with him.

Stewy13 said:
Not entirely sure if this is the right location relative to what I'm about to ask but;
Has anyone in this thread had their LEAF unplugged while they were away?
Possibly while in Salem?

Not sure how many here are familiar with Tumblr but to save some time, it's like Twitter but better IMO.
Given the rest of his Tumblr page, he is obviously a very disturbed individual that has a very inappropriate relationship with his cat. Just to be clear, his page is NOT family friendly or work-safe.

What is the "Lower apron" upgrade? It looks like some people are getting notified that this needs to be updated. I have not seen this notice. Have you?

patrick0101 said:
What is the "Lower apron" upgrade? It looks like some people are getting notified that this needs to be updated. I have not seen this notice. Have you?
Looking at the image Phil posted, it's the black "grill" in the front of the car and has more holes filled in than what is currently on the car.

patrick0101 said:

I got a notice over the weekend that I have to go in for a software upgrade. I'll have to look at the email again. I don't recall anything about an apron upgrade.

GinkoLeaf said:
patrick0101 said:

I got a notice over the weekend that I have to go in for a software upgrade. I'll have to look at the email again. I don't recall anything about an apron upgrade.
My notice didn't either, but I'll probably ask when I go to take my car in. I might end up waiting until March to do the 12 month battery inspection at the same time...

According to PlugShare there is a J1772 charger in the little mini-mall by the Stop sign on NW Mill Ridge Rd (w/ the Pizzicato, Wine Shop, etc). I tried to find it the other night with no luck, but it was dark.

Does it actually exist?

padamson1 said:
According to PlugShare there is a J1772 charger in the little mini-mall by the Stop sign on NW Mill Ridge Rd (w/ the Pizzicato, Wine Shop, etc). I tried to find it the other night with no luck, but it was dark.

Does it actually exist?
Checking Blink's website, that station doesn't exist. I've submitted a request to PlugShare to remove it.

Back