North Florida

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fsu77gt

This is a new discussion for North Florida, generally north of (but including) Gainesville/UF and west of Jacksonville, including Tallahassee/FSU/FAMU, Panama City, Fort Walton Beach and Pensacola/UWF areas. We have been participating in the Florida discussions but many/most of them are in South and Central Florida, far away from us. There are at least 3 LEAFs now roaming the streets of Tallahassee, I am sure there are some in Gainesville and in the panhandle. Objective for this discussion is to have a LEAF-in sometime soon, hopefully in Tallahassee to raise awareness in the state capital and to lobby for public charging stations here which are so far non-existent.

One more tempter - we have at least 3 LEAFs in Tallahassee - anybody for a LEAF rally at the Capitol Complex or Tallahassee City Hall?

Just driving around Tallahassee, I have now seen two blue, one black, two glacier pearl LEAFs. Starting to catch on, it seems.

Yesterday, the 17th of March I obtained a 2011 Nissan Leaf SL through a lease from Sandy Sansing,Pensacola,FL. I was told the nearest Leaf owners to me is in Navarre,FL and Daphne,AL. I tried to register the car with Carwings,but it would not accept it; don't know if it's because the dealership already has or what. It would be nice to be able to use the Nissan Leaf app on my Android.

I would call the LEAF customer service number 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738) and tell them you tried to register your LEAF in Carwings but couldn't. They should be able to help you.

CONGRATs on your new LEAF! There are several now in Tallahassee, I parked right next to a black one at Best Buy on Thursday evening.

Russ

Thank you Russ! I've wanted an electric car for 30 years,but this is actually my 2nd EV; my first one was a used Ford Ranger EV which worked flawlessly for 10 days, then quit charging due to a faulty battery heater circuit, then I discovered the software in the BCM was the wrong software, put in by Battery MD out in California 3 months before I purchased it. I had the Lead/Acid version, but they put the software in the BCM for the NiMH version. So I'm hoping this Nissan Leaf will surpass that experience exponentially :p.
I had planned on calling about Car Wings, because it is apparently registered by the dealership here because it would not accept my registration. So I'll give them a call; I'd like my Android app to work.

Jim

Newporttom said:
As far as I know, I'm the only Leaf in Jacksonville so far.
Glad to know we're not the only EV up here :D I don't know if you saw this so I'll post it here
Just wanted to update folks that the charger at the Town Center is free - for now. I guess it JUST went live.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Charge-car-as-you-shop-at-St-Johns-Town-Center/-/475880/11777976/-/b31rpjz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm excited that Jacksonville finally has a public charger. Ok, we have a chargepoint at the airport, but it's in a private parking garage so you have to pay to use it and I'm sure pay to get into the lot. The airport is also really far away from everything so I doubt it sees a lot of use. The other "public" chargers are all at Chevy & Nissan dealers and are behind gates that lock at night :(

Anyway, I'm glad Jax finally has one in a good location. I'd like to see more at the other malls we shop at, at the zoos and museums and the restaurants we visit. But, it's a start! I'm hoping to find some Leaf owners in the Jax area that can help me put some more pressure on these business. I spoke to the zoo again and they still have no plans but will put it in front of their Green Team so it's possible.
I posted it in the Florida forum but in searching for Jacksonville posts I saw Tom's post and figured you guys might be interested too. I'm sure some of you folks would consider the Jax zoo's & malls if they had chargers (and now the Town Center does). If you folks would if they did, give them a call - they're tired of hearing from me :D

Too bad Tallahassee can't get a public charger - City of Tallahassee is supposed to be one of the greenest cities (at least they advertise it enough on my electric/water/sewer bill), but we don't have a public charger and we are the capital of the state!!

Russ

DANandNAN said:
Newporttom said:
As far as I know, I'm the only Leaf in Jacksonville so far.
Glad to know we're not the only EV up here :D I don't know if you saw this so I'll post it here
Just wanted to update folks that the charger at the Town Center is free - for now. I guess it JUST went live.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/Charge-car-as-you-shop-at-St-Johns-Town-Center/-/475880/11777976/-/b31rpjz/-/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm excited that Jacksonville finally has a public charger. Ok, we have a chargepoint at the airport, but it's in a private parking garage so you have to pay to use it and I'm sure pay to get into the lot. The airport is also really far away from everything so I doubt it sees a lot of use. The other "public" chargers are all at Chevy & Nissan dealers and are behind gates that lock at night :(

Anyway, I'm glad Jax finally has one in a good location. I'd like to see more at the other malls we shop at, at the zoos and museums and the restaurants we visit. But, it's a start! I'm hoping to find some Leaf owners in the Jax area that can help me put some more pressure on these business. I spoke to the zoo again and they still have no plans but will put it in front of their Green Team so it's possible.
I posted it in the Florida forum but in searching for Jacksonville posts I saw Tom's post and figured you guys might be interested too. I'm sure some of you folks would consider the Jax zoo's & malls if they had chargers (and now the Town Center does). If you folks would if they did, give them a call - they're tired of hearing from me :D

attachment.php

Found a surprise today. The Leaf was gone when I returned and I didn't get to talk to the owner, but I'm glad to see another plug-in in Jax. Pretty soon I'm going to have to check the SemaCharge website to see if a charger is available :D

New owner here in Tallahassee after having just bought a used 2011 that reportedly came from Central Florida.

While I was at the dealership (3 hour ordeal) getting it checked out before the purchase, I talked to a sales guy that said they have sold a total of 15 (including 2 that are yet to be delivered) Leafs since they came out.

According to a search I did, there are a couple of parking spots around FSU campus with charge stations but I haven't gone hunting. I also saw what looks like a charging station in a parking garage downtown but I don't know if it's public, private, or even compatible. I'll update as I learn more.

John

There are free parking spaces on the bottom level of the new parking garage near Garnet and Gold WITH charging stations (require card), also free parking spaces near the King Biology Building.

RLP

Scribbious said:
New owner here in Tallahassee after having just bought a used 2011 that reportedly came from Central Florida.

While I was at the dealership (3 hour ordeal) getting it checked out before the purchase, I talked to a sales guy that said they have sold a total of 15 (including 2 that are yet to be delivered) Leafs since they came out.

According to a search I did, there are a couple of parking spots around FSU campus with charge stations but I haven't gone hunting. I also saw what looks like a charging station in a parking garage downtown but I don't know if it's public, private, or even compatible. I'll update as I learn more.

John

Crawfordville/Tallahassee, FL here! Just purchased mine a couple weeks ago (Silver 2011 SL Dealer Demo). I live in Crawfordville but work and do mostly everything in Tallahassee. The ONLY charging station that I see other than the Nissan Dealership is the one on FSU Campus (plain parking lot), nowhere to go, you'd have to sit there and eat your nails (yuck!)...

CONGRATULATIONS! I have over 11,000 miles on my 2012 SL white LEAF, use it nearly every day going back and forth to work and almost all routine travels. At one time there was a charging station listed on Monroe St downtown in a bank parking lot, but I do not see it on any map now, so it must no longer be functional. The parking garage behind Garnet and Gold is the best public charging station I know of.

Back