Nissan Engineering Team Visit Dec. 3rd: Recap

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to go with you, Tony, but I'm on "kid duty" that weekend....I'd love to chat with you after you return and learn what was discussed/presented...

Randy

Randy said:
I'd love to go with you, Tony, but I'm on "kid duty" that weekend....I'd love to chat with you after you return and learn what was discussed/presented...

Randy

I'm always on kid duty, too. Damn noisy, smelly things. Anyway, if you can find a way to sneak out for the day, Southwest internet special was $59 each way. Too cheap to pass up.

TonyWilliams said:
Anyway, I'll be happy to represent the real southern California.

Tony,
I think your commitment to the LEAF community, and your attendance at the Dec. 3 meeting, should demonstrate to Nissan that there is a dedicated group of owners throughout California working diligently to make the LEAF a better EV.

We look forward to your visit to Northern CA.

Kim

gascant said:
Here is the agenda for the upcoming meeting with the Nissan LEAF Engineering team:
1:00 PM Welcome/Introduction
>>>>>>>
2:50 State of Charge Meter
3:10 Break and Live Demonstration of LEAF modifications
If you folks could use an extra SOC meter to allow a few more folks to try it in their cars, I would be glad to bring mine.

tbleakne said:
If you folks could use an extra SOC meter to allow a few more folks to try it in their cars, I would be glad to bring mine.
Might be a good idea--if squirrelmeat brings his, we'll have at least 3. That way, the Nissan Engineers can split up and see it in different vehicles. Thanks for the suggestion!

If you are planning to pre-register, please do so by Tuesday morning. We need to get the list to our hosts a few days in advance in order to have badges printed and appropriate security arrangements made. So far, it looks like 110 people have pre-registered. We stand to have 75 (or more) LEAFs at the meeting. Charging arrangement are still in flux, but we will very likely accommodate all requests (per the above posting). There may be additional L2 stations available--please bring your ChargePoint network cards (along with your L1 EVSE and extension cord) to the meeting.

mwalsh said:
gascant said:
So far, it looks like 110 people have pre-registered. We stand to have 75 (or more) LEAFs at the meeting.

Wow! How cool.
I'm not sure how the count was determined as I don't recall the RSVP asking whether we'll be bringing a Leaf. Some folks might carpool, at least one is flying in and at least one doesn't own a Leaf yet (like me). It will be very interesting to see the turnout of both people and Leafs.

the signup form had a radiobutton for "do you need a charge?". I think that's a pretty good proxy for "are you bringing a leaf?" but not 100% accurate of course.

I never received any emails from google - I found the charging ppt in this thread. how do I know I successfully pre-registered?

Hope the group that is going will be persuasive enough to convince the Nissan engineers the need for a software updates (heater fan situation, etc.).

A lot of us fellow owners cheering you on :D

I didn't see anything on this, but if google is to get anything close to an accurate count I assume expectations are that you bring no guests to the meeting?

I'm up in Seattle and thought that there was no chance of attending. Now I find out that my boss is thinking of having me drive to LA this weekend. If he does, I should be able to make the meeting at Google. I just signed up, but there was no way to indicate that being there is not guaranteed.

Anyway, I hope that fate smiles on me and I get to go.

gascant said:
If you are planning to pre-register, please do so by Tuesday morning. We need to get the list to our hosts a few days in advance in order to have badges printed and appropriate security arrangements made. So far, it looks like 110 people have pre-registered. We stand to have 75 (or more) LEAFs at the meeting. Charging arrangement are still in flux, but we will very likely accommodate all requests (per the above posting). There may be additional L2 stations available--please bring your ChargePoint network cards (along with your L1 EVSE and extension cord) to the meeting.

Just to be clear:
If I have filled out the form, I have pre-registered, and I don't need to do anything more? Correct?

How do we tell if we are registered? Can you just output a list of people (by forum name)?

This will be my first time to attend and I'm REALLY looking forward to the meeting.

If you pre-registered before 9:00 this morning (11/29) then you are in. Email notification is a manual process (unfortunately) so we're a little behind in that process. We appreciate your patience during this.

At this point, we need to close the meeting to further registration because we have reached the room capacity (counting the Nissan participants). As such, we cannot guarantee further participation. For now, the option would be to show up and hope that some who pre-registered do not show. I'll check with our hosts and see if they are OK with a standby attendee list for same.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in this meeting. Our expectations for attendance have been exceeded.

We had a huge response to this meeting and we are AT CAPACITY for the space we have.
If you did not RSVP to the event, unfortunately there is no extra room for walk ins or +1's. Only people who RSVPd to the event will be admitted on Saturday. There was way more interest than anyone of us had originally anticipated.

Gascant will be providing additional instructions to those who need charging via email but the good news is we will likely have a place for all those who need a charge to get back home. We will have L1 and L2 charging onsite.

Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday at 12:00 pm for Pizza.

A big thank you to Linkim, Gascant, Inginer, and Hy for all their hard work putting this event together.

gascant said:
If you pre-registered before 9:00 this morning (11/29) then you are in. Email notification is a manual process (unfortunately) so we're a little behind in that process. We appreciate your patience during this.

At this point, we need to close the meeting to further registration because we have reached the room capacity (counting the Nissan participants). As such, we cannot guarantee further participation. For now, the option would be to show up and hope that some who pre-registered do not show. I'll check with our hosts and see if they are OK with a standby attendee list for same.

Thanks to everyone for their interest in this meeting. Our expectations for attendance have been exceeded.

cwerdna said:
TonyWilliams said:
cwerdna said:
at least one is flying in

Two flying in (so far); one from ONT, and one from SAN.
Did those folks arrange for transportation/rides/pickup already? There were a few folks who live near SJC and I can easily pass by SJC to pick someone up.
One is getting picked up by a fellow SF BayLEAF and the other is renting a car upon his arrival. Thanks for asking.

Back