Northern LA County EV Gathering every month - Northridge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomT

Every third Saturday of each month we meet, socialize, and share/swap ideas to advance our common interest in Electric Vehicle Culture in Southern California!

The Electric Vehicle Association of North Los Angeles/North America monthly meeting is at Bob's Big Boy from Noon to 5pm. We will meet for lunch in the back area of Bob's (furthest from the door) from noon to 1pm for those who wish to nosh. Then from 1pm to 5pm we will have the EV meet in the parking lot outside. This will include meet and greets, discussions, displays, and test drives of various EVs. You do not have to stay for all of it and can show up and leave any time you like between noon and 5pm! We have had a good turn out of both people and EVs of all kinds and hope to see it grow bigger every month!

Bob’s Big Boy in Northridge (8876 Corbin Ave., Northridge, CA 91324). SE Corner of Northridge Way and Corbin Ave.

For more information, contact Paul Neuhausen at [email protected]

Great idea TomT. Thanks for setting up the new thread and directing traffic from the old one.

A friend of mine may be attending as well. Don't think he is on the forum. He got his Leaf about a month ago with the cold weather package.

We had a nice, albeit small, meeting group at Lulu's last night. Four and a half Leafs attended, with Tom, Tom, Allan, Allan and Linda in presence. (We need another Linda!)

Why half a Leaf you might ask? Well, as we were standing in one corner of the parking lot with all of our Leafs, we noticed a blue Leaf in the other corner of the lot. Thinking that is might be someone joining our group, I went over to say hello, but the car was unoccupied. A little later, Linda points at the car and says, "They're there!" So, I go trotting over to see who they are and if they'd like to join us! Apparently my running toward them must have frightened them as they suddenly sped off and out the opposite side of the lot when they saw me coming! So, if you are on this board, are a youngish male and female couple, and have a blue Leaf that was at Lulu's Restaurant around 6pm Wednesday, I was the one accosting you!

Tom -- Thanks for establishing the new page for No LA County Leaf meetings. I didn't see last week's in time... but will try to get to the next one. FYI Tuesday nights often aren't good for me -- if that makes any difference. Best wishes to all, Bob

How is Wednesday night for everyone? I'm like to schedule next months meeting well ahead of time so that we might have a better turn out..

BobTarlau said:
Tom -- Thanks for establishing the new page for No LA County Leaf meetings. I didn't see last week's in time... but will try to get to the next one. FYI Tuesday nights often aren't good for me -- if that makes any difference. Best wishes to all, Bob

Disclaimer: My schedule constantly changes.

Wednesdays, I usually work in Pasadena. At present I can make it at 6pm but in the future may not be able to attend until 7pm. Weekends are fine also.

It would be good to hear from all interested people to determine the best times and locations for meeting.

OK, let's do a poll.

Put a check next to the day that works best for you or use multiple checks if many work equally well:

Monday evening
Tuesday evening
Wednesday evening
Thursday evening
Friday evening
Saturday morning
Saturday evening
Sunday morning
Sunday evening

TomT said:
OK, let's do a poll.

Put a check next to the day that works best for you or use multiple checks if many work equally well:

Monday evening
Tuesday evening
Wednesday evening
Thursday evening
Friday evening
Saturday morning
Saturday evening
Sunday morning
Sunday evening
Any of these could work or not, depending. Disclaimer: My work schedule constantly changes.

I would love to join you guys, I can not make it on the week nights. It's a bit too far coming from Lancaster.

Saturday Morning works best for me but I could make it work any time on Saturday or Sunday...

Chris

Glad that you started a separate thread. I enjoy reading about the meetings of other owners groups. What does Northern LA county encompass?

gascant said:
Glad that you started a separate thread. I enjoy reading about the meetings of other owners groups. What does Northern LA county encompass?
Good question. So far we have met once each in Burbank and Panorama City; twice in Northridge. We have people attending from as far West as Moorpark, East from Pasadena, North from Castaic and not sure how far South. Definitely a group in a formative stage. At this point the geographic center seems to be the San Fernando Valley but...

Who from our group is planning to go to the EV parade tomorrow (Sunday)?
Unfortunately, I have to work so I'll not be able to make it...

TomT said:
OK, let's do a poll.

Monday evening
Tuesday evening
Wednesday evening
Thursday evening
Friday evening
Saturday morning
Saturday evening
Sunday morning
Sunday evening

TomT said:
Who from our group is planning to go the the EV parade tomorrow (Sunday)?
Unfortunately, I have to work so I'll not be able to make it...
But Tom, your car is the most modified!

I will be attending St. Monica.

Back