MyNissanLeaf.com license plate holder

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDXLeafer

license_frame.jpg

And that is why being an 'early adopter' to support this forum was a great idea.

Thanks!!!

I received the "MyNissanLeaf" plate holder today, and today is also the first day I was able to accept the RAQ to place the order for my Leaf, RAQ just opened yesterday in the New England area. I will put up the picture in 3-4 months when the Leaf arrives. 526 days from the 4/20/2010 reservation to being able to RAQ...

MNLlicenseplateframe-cropped-1.jpg

LakeLeaf said:
Mitch - so you decided to get a Leaf after all. Good for you. Hope you feel your wait was worth it when it all arrives.

Yes. I'll probably be either the first Leaf delivered via ordering from a local dealer (some have bought elsewhere and trucked them in), or I will be the first to create an orphan :), only kidding, I can't see myself trading in my Prius for the PiP with its puny EV range [sideways move], The Volt, well, let's just say my expereince is less than stellar with GM products, so thats out. The Tesla Roadster, don't think even I have the patience for that one, and its a little pricey at nearly $90K for the 300 mile version to be produced in mid 2012, never mind the $40K deposit required to reserve one. If money was no object, the Fiskar Karma looks awesome, but again, 50 mile EV range, then a 250 mile extended range via the motor-generator, very nice, but $95K base to $109K for a real one you can buy? You can get a Leaf, a PiP and a Volt for that! Ford Focus EV? they are about as serious as GM is about the Volt, I'm in my early 50's, I don't have that kind of time left on the planet to wait for Ford deliver the Focus EV :) No other real choice other than the Leaf. I am probably going to get the 36 month Lease, and will re-evaluate in 3 years, EV landscape probably won't look much different though, and I'll likely just keep the Leaf.

LakeLeaf said:
I received the "MyNissanLeaf" plate holder today

I also received the plate holder today and was informed my account was upgraded to "Gold Member".
Now I can attach photos directly to posts. This is better than my Gold status on American Airlines - can never get the upgrade to first or business class even with all the 500 miles coupons I collected.

Thanks MNL forum!

PDXLeafer said:
And that is why being an 'early adopter' to support this forum was a great idea. Thanks!!!

yes, the MNL plate holder is definitely cool; though I must admit the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the pic was "omg, Oregon only needs to renew their tags every four years!"

-Steve

earther said:
yes, the MNL plate holder is definitely cool; though I must admit the first thing that went through my mind when I saw the pic was "omg, Oregon only needs to renew their tags every four years!"

-Steve

:) Love that too!!
The plate holder actually came at the perfect time. My front license had been bent last week and I was just about to order one for the front.

ARRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I've been waiting for these, but now I'm out in the cold again. As long as the only way to pay requires having a Paypal account, I can't be a forum supporter.

davewill said:
ARRRRRGGHHHH!!!! I've been waiting for these, but now I'm out in the cold again. As long as the only way to pay requires having a Paypal account, I can't be a forum supporter.

You don't need a Paypal account to pay via Paypal.

cdub said:
davewill said:
You don't need a Paypal account to pay via Paypal.
It did the last time I tried it. The recipient has to specifically agree to accept credit card payment. Let me check...Well! He must have enabled credit card payment in the last 6 months. I'm now a forum supporter! (in waiting, anyway) I added a couple of extra bucks so that the credit card fee doesn't bite into my donation.

cdub said:
Well then.. forum supporting here I come...

slightly offtopic: apparently I'm just a "regular" forum supporter, but not a "gold member"... what exactly is the distinction? (taking on moderator duties? number of posts? size of monetary donation?)

Yes, Please, how does one become a Gold Member?

When a Gold Member "uploads" pictures into a post, does the forum uploader have a feature to reduce high-resolution pictures (perhaps 3000 x 2000 or so) to the resolution suitable for forum display (perhaps 800 x 600)?

I would love to be able to add pictures easily to illustrate some SOC-Meter, CAN-Do, and CAN-Bus "stuff".

+1

(garygid, you can always put your pics on photobucket or one of the other photo sites and
just post the link here. Use the IMG code. It's free and saves space on the MNL server.)

garygid said:
Yes, Please, how does one become a Gold Member?

When a Gold Member "uploads" pictures into a post, does the forum uploader have a feature to reduce high-resolution pictures (perhaps 3000 x 2000 or so) to the resolution suitable for forum display (perhaps 800 x 600)?

I would love to be able to add pictures easily to illustrate some SOC-Meter, CAN-Do, and CAN-Buss "stuff".

Back