CAUTION: Only for those sufficiently experienced to do this SAFELY.
A full Reboot of the LEAF is presently possible:
1. With the LEAF turned completely OFF, disconnect the 12v Battery, wait about five minutes, and reconnect. Wait another minute and turn the LEAF ON.
Note: It is easiest and SAFEST to disconnect the Negative (black, NOT red) side of the 12v battery. Do not try to disconnect the clamp from the battery post itself. Instead, a 13mm wrench can be used to remove one nut that connects the wires to the clamping device.
Use appropriate CAUTION.
After the reboot, some things are "lost" (the Cons), and some "stuck" conditions are "fixed" (the Pros), ... until they happen again.
NOTE: For many problems, it is BEST to let a helpful dealer look for Error Codes with their "Consult III+" machine, instead of re-booting the car, which might clear the codes but not fix the indicated/associated problem.
1. Clears the error code that keeps the car from re-Starting, caused by the "A/C Problem". A temporary fix to a known problem to let you DRIVE to the dealer instead of a time-consuming "tow" (transport).
2. Clears the Carwings Telecom system to allow/force it to reconnect to the "cell phone" service that the car uses to communicate with Carwings. Apparently no other "fix" is presently available.
3. Other things ... "fixed"?
1. The calibration of the driver's window Auto-Up and Auto-Down is (can be) lost. Re-Calibrate by opening all the way (manual mode), then close the window (all the way up) and continue to hold the UP button for an additional 3 seconds.
2. It appears that the Charging (and possibly Climate Control) TIMERs need to be reset by you.
3. LEAF Startup Sound selection goes to default selectiob.
4. The Clock in the Dash-Eyebrow needs to be reset.
5. Other "lost" stuff ... ?
I will try to keep this first post current.
See SOC/GID-Meter and CAN-Do Info
2010 Prius, now for sale
2011 LEAF, sold in 2015
2018 Tesla Model 3
2014 Tesla S, Model 3 in 2019
Solar PV: 33 x 225W -> 7 kW max AC
To Sell: X-treme 5000Li EV motorcycle