240V EV-ChargeAmerica EVSE - (likely scam buyer beware)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
notlpip said:
They did no "Smooth Talking" for a positive review. I was simply stating my experience with the unit. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't. If it quits I have a modified Nissan EVSE and a AV in the box that I got on eBay.

Not to you. There has been plenty though.

Hello fellow Leaf Owners,

We took delivery of our Leaf on Friday 29 July and so far are very please to have the second Leaf on our block (the next door neighbors have had theirs for 2 months).

As an update on our fight with EV-Charge America.... after the 10 day waiting period that PayPal gave to EV-Charge America to respond to our complaint that EV-Charge America had taken our money and not provided the product to us, apparently the folks at EV-Charge America did not respond to PayPal. PayPal has advised us that they are refunding our money and closing this claims case.

I have to say that once I explained the situation to a supervisor at PayPal they were very understanding and accommodating. For those that have encountered problems with EV-Charge America I highly recommend a phone call to PayPal and a detailed discussion with them regarding any problems you may have with this company. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) has given this company an "F" and it is well deserved! I would highly recommend NOT doing any business with EV-Charge America.

We now have the SPX Power Express installed in the garage and have upgraded the Leaf OEM EVSE thanks to Phil at EVSEupgrade.com and both are working great! :D

The only communications between the SPX and the Leaf that I am aware of are the Electrons that are primed and ready to flow from the SPX when the timer on Leaf hits 12 midnight and our electrical rates fall to 13 cents per kWh... and five hours later the Leaf is ready to roll down the street again. SPX won't guarantee that their product will work with the Leaf but both the SPX Power Express and the Leaf are build to operate on the J1772 standards... and they work well together at our house. ;)

As someone whose researched EVSEs for the past year or so, I can say ChargeAmerica is a crock, ClipperCreek, especially the CS-100, is a mans EVSE with no frilly bells and whistles, the Evr-Green 160 is surprisingly over-priced and AV Unit itself isn't all that bad but they way the package and bundle it with the LEAF is criminal and as far as the SPX, I've only heard good things and I'm sure a number of Volt owners would agree.

Well I went and sent my money to EV-Charge America a couple weeks ago and had not yet seen any bad press on this company. Wow. What a ripoff. Now I must pursue legal action and wish that others will join in the legal action. It is a matter of principal that these kind of folks can't get away with fraud without consequences. I unfortunately did not use Paypal as I was not aware I could. Otherwise I would have. I showed an interest in buying one and got a real nice email back stating the cost and lead time. I guess that lead time is to toss off any legal action. It just gives them time to take the money and run. I did send my check certified mail and required a signature and it was signed for and even cashed all of two weeks ago. So they are still taking money and defrauding people wanting to spend less on a decent home charger than the $2k from the company Nissan is dealing with. Well I guess when this is all over I will have spent even more than $2k but I will peruse this legal issue and not allow this to continue.

Pete :)

Contact me if you wish to pursue this legal matter against this company. I will also ask all the head members of Plug In America to help pursue this legal matter. It is after all the site which I saw the ad in the first place. I assumed that it would be good to go.

onegreenev (at) gmail (dot) com

Hello Pete,

I have now received a full refund from PayPal for cost of the EV Charge America (EVCA) EVSE that was NOT delivered after 5 months. I am lucky and know it. Since I have received a full refund and thus have not been harmed by this company I don't believe I would be seen as having any "standing" in an effort to prosecute this crook, but I am more than willing to help others that are going after him. I have a complete paper trail of the e-mails that were provided to me over the months and would be happy to provide them to someone that is building a case against this crook. PM me and we can chat.

Good luck!

Corey

Gee I didn't know that anybody still mailed checks when buying online or by mail. The protection of a credit card is important when buying expensive stuff.

electricvw said:
So they are still taking money and defrauding people wanting to spend less on a decent home charger than the $2k from the company Nissan is dealing with. Well I guess when this is all over I will have spent even more than $2k but I will peruse this legal issue and not allow this to continue.

The Aerenvironment EVSE price quoted by Nissan includes installation, wiring and permits. It's still a rip-off, but you could also ask for the Aerenviroment as "cash-n-carry" for something like $700; that's just the unit, no warrenty and you need to arrange and pay for its installation by yourself, but this in many cases will be much less than the $1800 markup the package deal had.

TimeHorse said:
something like $700; that's just the unit, no warranty and you need to arrange and pay for its installation by yourself,

It went up. It's something like $900 now. Oh, and you do get the warranty, but it becomes mail-in, where you have to ship the unit back to AV, rather than in-home.

:twisted: I JOIN THE LONG LIST OF THOSE DEFRAUDED BY BOB ROSINSKIN IF THERE IS SUCH A PERSON. I WAS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO PAY HIM WITH THE CHECK HE REQUESTED ALMOST 3 MONTHS AGO NOW, HE DOES NOT REPLY TO PHONE OR EMAIL MESSAGES AND STONE WALLS ALL DEMANDS FOR REFUND. THE POLICE IN LAS VEGAS HAVE GONE TO HIS LOCATION AND SAY IT IS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS! SO I NEVER RECEIVED ANY MERCHANDISE FROM EV-CHARGEAMERICA. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY CONTINUE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE WEB SITE AND THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND MAIL FRAUD HAS JOINED THEIR LIST OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING ANY THING EXCEPT STRING ORDERS ALONG. THEY WILL COMMUNICATE A LITTLE BIT BY EMAIL WITH EXCUSES. AT FIRST THEY TOLD ME 4-5 DAYS TO SHIP OUT. THEN THEY HAD EXCUSES, THEN THEY PROMISED TO SHIP IN MONTH OF JULY. NOW THEY JUST PROMISE SOME INDEFINITE WHEN PARTS COME IN EXCUSE. SO I HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF 699 DOLLARS BY CHECK WITH THE POLICE STANDING UP ALL THE WAY FOR EV CHARGE AMERICA AS A LEGIT BUSINESS ENTERPRISE. NOW IT IS UP TO THE FBI AND POSTAL SERVICE TO FIND ENOUGH FOLKS LIKE ME OUT THERE TO JUSTIFY MAIL FRAUD PROSECUTION.. IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM FROM THIS POINT FORWARD AFTER READING THIS ONE YOU GOT TO BE CRAZY FOLKS!!!

TOPCATLEAF said:
:twisted: I JOIN THE LONG LIST OF THOSE DEFRAUDED BY BOB ROSINSKIN IF THERE IS SUCH A PERSON. I WAS FOOLISH ENOUGH TO PAY HIM WITH THE CHECK HE REQUESTED ALMOST 3 MONTHS AGO NOW, HE DOES NOT REPLY TO PHONE OR EMAIL MESSAGES AND STONE WALLS ALL DEMANDS FOR REFUND. THE POLICE IN LAS VEGAS HAVE GONE TO HIS LOCATION AND SAY IT IS A LEGITIMATE BUSINESS! SO I NEVER RECEIVED ANY MERCHANDISE FROM EV-CHARGEAMERICA. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY CONTINUE TO HAVE AN ACTIVE WEB SITE AND THEY ARE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF AND MAIL FRAUD HAS JOINED THEIR LIST OF ILLEGAL ACTIVITY. THEY HAVE NO INTENTION OF DOING ANY THING EXCEPT STRING ORDERS ALONG. THEY WILL COMMUNICATE A LITTLE BIT BY EMAIL WITH EXCUSES. AT FIRST THEY TOLD ME 4-5 DAYS TO SHIP OUT. THEN THEY HAD EXCUSES, THEN THEY PROMISED TO SHIP IN MONTH OF JULY. NOW THEY JUST PROMISE SOME INDEFINITE WHEN PARTS COME IN EXCUSE. SO I HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF 699 DOLLARS BY CHECK WITH THE POLICE STANDING UP ALL THE WAY FOR EV CHARGE AMERICA AS A LEGIT BUSINESS ENTERPRISE. NOW IT IS UP TO THE FBI AND POSTAL SERVICE TO FIND ENOUGH FOLKS LIKE ME OUT THERE TO JUSTIFY MAIL FRAUD PROSECUTION.. IF YOU ORDER FROM THEM FROM THIS POINT FORWARD AFTER READING THIS ONE YOU GOT TO BE CRAZY FOLKS!!!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still an innocent victim of this unscrupulous company. As you know I was also a victim but was able to get PayPal to agree that EV-Charge America is running a scam operation and PayPal refunded my money after 5 months of dealing with these crooks. To all other forum readers....please do all you can to let others know about this scam operation and help to prevent others from becoming victims.

Corey

:evil: :twisted: :!: this is a RIP OFF COMPANY. I REPEAT THIS IS A RIP OFF COMPANY. DO NOT TRY TO BUY FROM THIS COMPANY UNLESS YOU PLAN ON BEING RIPPED OFF. I KNOW BECAUSE I HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF TO THE TUNE OF 699 DOLLARS BY THIS COMPANY. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF ORDERING FROM THEM ALMOST 3 MONTHS AGO AND STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY MERCHANDISE. PLEASE ASSURE YOU READ ALL THIS FORUM HAS TO SAY ABOUT THIS RIP OFF COMPANY WHO STILL TAKES ORDERS AND NEVER DELIVERS THE MERCHANDISE.

These guys epitomize the definition of scammer. I bought one of their "production" ready machines and was told it would be there shortly. Well it took several months. The machine worked for 2 months and now is broken. Of course, they don't answer emails, don't answer phones, nor return voicemails.

They are scumbags of the nth degree and anyone who buys anything from them is going to get ripped off. Be warned.

I am left with having to talk to the BBB of Las Vegas, http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , and the Attorney General in Nevada. Probably won't do any good, but hopefully someone will read these threads and not waste their money on this crap Bob is trying to foist on the world.

So I am out $700 so Bob can make part of his mortgage and a have nice steak on the town.

I finally bought a machine from GE through Lowe's. At least you know it will work and they will fulfill the warranty if necessary. So much for helping the little businesses succeed. Big corporate America from now on.

Support those that support the cause and provide good customer support. The EV community is a small group outside the auto makes, the rest are corporate money grubbers and con artists. I warned people about these guys far before the first person was burned. These EVCA people are real scum! If they burned me and I lived even near that place I would show up at their door. Would one of the victims please rat these people out to ABG, they love stories like this and these guys need to be exposed in the public.

Back