iPhone USB connection problem and solution

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgate1234

Recently, my LEAF started having problems connecting via USB cable to my iPhone 4. Whenever, I connected the iPhone, all of the audio controls froze for about 30 seconds. While I could listen to sound, I could not control my iPhone, see any of the songs/playlists, etc...

The service department at Boardwalk claimed they couldn't reproduce the problem and recommended I update the system software on my iPhone (which was already current) or try a different cable. I tried resetting the phone, etc..., with no luck.

Long story short, I was able to fix the problem by disconnecting my 12V battery for 15 min. (after waiting at least 5 min. after "powering down" per the Nissan service bulletin), then reconnecting. None of my car settings were affected and the auto power up/down on the driver's window was unaffected.

That sucks a bad dealer makes everything difficult. Might just tell them you have carwings connection problems. There is a TSB issued for that. They should just give you the reprogram.

Back