MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abasile said:
mwalsh said:
Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea?
This is funny. My suggestion would be to plug MY ZEV back in, along with a nice note explaining how the consequences of his/her discourteous and/or clueless behavior were graciously dealt with. It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. You are behaving as an EV "brother" indeed! :D

Vitor just this second finished up. Let's see if he responds to the idea that he plug MY ZEV back in first. If not, I'll go over there and do it.

It was suggested by PM that maybe MY ZEV simply found unit 2 available after someone else unplugged Vitor. While I find this unlikely, I guess anything is possible.

mwalsh said:
rpmdk said:
I feel a little bad for this person (only a little) - this kind of thing is going to be happening a lot in the future, will everyone get the name and shame?

It could have been an innocent mistake.

He/she could have missed Vitor's tiny note, sure enough. But missing the fact that his charge lights were blinking....not bloody likely, particularly since both cars were indoors.

Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea? Or maybe Vitor could get him going again with his CP card, once he's done? According to the CP app on my phone, he's still over there.

Spies, the car is in the last spot. So probably 1.5-2 spots away from unit two, on the other side of the wall.

OK...wait...I thought I read in one of our thread here that the blinking is only on for 15 minutes? Was this blinking on for 15 minutes applies to "currently charging blinking" or just to "timer on blinking"? Does anyone knows for sure?

Yeah...I'd prob plug MY ZEV back in, and a note to sign-up for mynissanleaf, just so he/she can get better informed and connected in the future.

mwalsh said:
It was suggested by PM that maybe MY ZEV simply found unit 2 available after someone else unplugged Vitor. While I find this unlikely, I guess anything is possible.

Why do you find it unlikely?

occ said:
OK...wait...I thought I read in one of our thread here that the blinking is only on for 15 minutes? Was this blinking on for 15 minutes applies to "currently charging blinking" or just to "timer on blinking"? Does anyone knows for sure?
Car blinks the whole time the car is charging and indicates what third of the pack level is current at. For example, if less than 1/3d full the left light will blink - if more than 2/3rds full the left 2 will be solid and the right light will blink.

If on timer, car will blink for 15 minutes from left to right looking at the car.

Herm said:
mwalsh said:

Someone unplugged Vitor, for fun, but not the other EVs there? ... unlikely....

Of course, if it was "likely", that would mean AB475 is really gonna screw all EV'ers more than GM would thunk.

Herm said:
mwalsh said:

Some idiot unplugs a car as a joke or whatever. Someone else arrives and sees the cord as free and uses it. The new user gets blamed. That seems quite possible, at least enough for very reasonable doubt. That's the excuse I will use :lol:

A bit wordy? Anyway, looking forward to your report. With luck, you'll arrive just as the driver returns. That should be interesting...

interesting thread here. cant help but wonder what "MY ZEV's" needs were to do such a despicable deed?

i think it might be time to review the "personalized plate" thread

No one knows for certain that MY ZEV has done anything knowingly. Let's keep that in mind before we take his pack away.

drees said:
abasile said:
mwalsh said:
Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea?
This is funny. My suggestion would be to plug MY ZEV back in, along with a nice note explaining how the consequences of his/her discourteous and/or clueless behavior were graciously dealt with. It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. You are behaving as an EV "brother" indeed! :D
+1 No need to leave him without a charge if someone is going to be by and can plug him in.
+1 I realize that this story has almost played out, but I agree with plugging him back in (if any cord can reach), leaving a note per Abasile, and directing him to the MNL Forum. The benefit of the doubt is in order. And many thanks to Mike who is actually taking his time to be our (drum roll and trumpet fanfare, please) LAX Onsite Reporter!

Chargepoint really did a good job planning things out. If he was charging at a Nissan dealership, the OP would not have known his car had been unplugged. Chargepoint is the only service I know of that notifies you in the event your vehicle is unplugged. Maybe Blink does too, I don't know - but I know whether using the AV EVSE or the portable cord there is no such notification. This account demonstrates how important an unplug notification is, and why Nissan should include it in Carwings functionality.

johnr said:
Chargepoint really did a good job planning things out. If he was charging at a Nissan dealership, the OP would not have known his car had been unplugged. ... This account demonstrates how important an unplug notification is, and why Nissan should include it in Carwings functionality.
Carwings does notify you if the charge stops. If you have a smartphone or access to a PC, you can then query the plugged in state, but knowing the charge stopped is really enough.

johnr said:
Chargepoint really did a good job planning things out. If he was charging at a Nissan dealership, the OP would not have known his car had been unplugged. Chargepoint is the only service I know of that notifies you in the event your vehicle is unplugged. Maybe Blink does too, I don't know - but I know whether using the AV EVSE or the portable cord there is no such notification. This account demonstrates how important an unplug notification is, and why Nissan should include it in Carwings functionality.

What are you talking about johnr, Carwings notifies you the instant you're unplugged? :?

Mike, thank you again.
Saw your note on MY ZEV's Leaf and your note on mine. Very appreciated.

I unplugged my Leaf, then stretched the cord to MY ZEV and activated with my card.

I talked to my friend in T1, he got to my Leaf about 5 minutes after I got my text message, he was outside of T1 when MY ZEV drove in. Very unlikely that somebody else disconnected just for the hell of it.
I didn't dare to unplugg MY ZEV, I just vented on this forum.

Mine is charged, I'm all good to go and I even plugged and activated him/her.

I will go through this again on Saturday morning. Coffee and donuts Mike?

By the way, I have noticed two other Leaf(s) parked West of the mine field, it appears that they live close enough that they don't need to recharge, just enjoying the parking perk.

Back