MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Mike.

I've been following this drama, but I don't get one thing. Was Vitor there at LAX or on a trip? Because he knew he got unplugged (could have seen this in-person, or gotten the notice via email), but he also knew the license plate of the offender (which he could only have known if he was there at LAX). If he was there at LAX, why didn't he swap the cord back himself?

Thanks.

richard said:
Good job Mike.

I've been following this drama, but I don't get one thing. Was Vitor there at LAX or on a trip? Because he knew he got unplugged (could have seen this in-person, or gotten the notice via email), but he also knew the license plate of the offender (which he could only have known if he was there at LAX). If he was there at LAX, why didn't he swap the cord back himself?

Thanks.

Maybe he felt bad about doing that? I, on the other hand, have no such reservations!

But this is one of the reasons my phone number is on the protocol card. Someone wanna unplug me? Call me, we'll discuss! Maybe I'll see that your needs outweigh mine.

GeekEV said:
Here's a thought... Use a combination lock and put the combination on the dash instruction sheet. That way, it will stop a casual unplug, but somebody who really needs it and takes the time to properly assess the situation could still unplug you if needed.

Use a combination lock and tell people, via the protocol card, to call you for the combo. That way you can have a reasonable adult discussion about why their need is greater than yours. Of course, that makes it less easy for people to unplug you if you're unreachable (like on a plane going someplace). But also makes is less easy for people to unplug you if they just darn well feel like it.

I visit LAX for business. Once in a while I travel.

After getting the text message, I asked a friend at Terminal 1 to go and inspect, he actually saw the blue Leaf drive in, he inspected and then took a picture for me.

I have a couple of pics from last week, there were 20 EVs in that parking lot. I had to wait my turn to get my juice last week.

Vitor said:
I visit LAX for business. Once in a while I travel.

After getting the text message, I asked a friend at Terminal 1 to go and inspect, he actually saw the blue Leaf drive in, he inspected and then took a picture for me.

Are you still there? Don't suppose you can remember to get the VIN number of the car? Wanna do some more research to see if I can find out who this offender is.

TonyWilliams said:
I'm warming up the tar, and have collected a bag of feathers.

Like! :D

Naming and shaming!

185307_10150293677264844_704969843_7687259_3605958_n.jpg

306381_10150293677359844_704969843_7687260_3076957_n.jpg

I feel a little bad for this person (only a little) - this kind of thing is going to be happening a lot in the future, will everyone get the name and shame?

It could have been an innocent mistake.

Anyway, I won't be unplugging people unless I know they've got their charge.

I don't know any details about chargepoint or the lax chargers, but you mentioned another space was supposed to be available but had a volt instead - maybe the zev guy thought yours was the one that wasn't supposed to be there?

defiancecp said:
I don't know any details about chargepoint or the lax chargers, but you mentioned another space was supposed to be available but had a volt instead - maybe the zev guy thought yours was the one that wasn't supposed to be there?

You mean "wasn't supposed to be there" as in done charging? Nah, this was nothing more than a dick move. Actually, when I was over there that Volt had been unplugged by a white LEAF. I don't know as of when, and I didn't check to see how far along that LEAF was charging. And, obviously, I don't know if the Volt was done with it either.

rpmdk said:
I feel a little bad for this person (only a little) - this kind of thing is going to be happening a lot in the future, will everyone get the name and shame?

It could have been an innocent mistake.

He/she could have missed Vitor's tiny note, sure enough. But missing the fact that his charge lights were blinking....not bloody likely, particularly since both cars were indoors.

Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea? Or maybe Vitor could get him going again with his CP card, once he's done? According to the CP app on my phone, he's still over there.

Spies, the car is in the last spot. So probably 1.5-2 spots away from unit two, on the other side of the wall.

GeekEV said:
EVSE vigilanteism - only on MNL... :roll: :lol:

I prefer to think of it as brothers looking after one another.

As it is, Vitor has had to spend 3 hours longer at LAX than he had originally planned (according to the CP app he's still going, and so far has consumed 10.98kWh) all thanks to MY ZEV's inconsiderate behavior.

Now, obviously, we haven't heard MY ZEV's side of the story. And I'm sure there is a point of view that he/she thinks is perfectly reasonable.

mwalsh said:
I prefer to think of it as brothers looking after one another.

As it is, Vitor has had to spend 3 hours longer at LAX than he had originally planned (according to the CP app he's still going, and so far has consumed 10.98kWh) all thanks to MY ZEV's inconsiderate behavior.

Now, obviously, we haven't heard MY ZEV's side of the story. And I'm sure there is a point of view that he/she thinks is perfectly reasonable.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not condoning MY ZEV's behavior. I just think we're funny!

mwalsh said:
Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea?
This is funny. My suggestion would be to plug MY ZEV back in, along with a nice note explaining how the consequences of his/her discourteous and/or clueless behavior were graciously dealt with. It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. You are behaving as an EV "brother" indeed! :D

abasile said:
mwalsh said:
Actually, I was thinking I might be willing to go back over and plug MY ZEV back in, if there is popular support for the idea?
This is funny. My suggestion would be to plug MY ZEV back in, along with a nice note explaining how the consequences of his/her discourteous and/or clueless behavior were graciously dealt with. It's best to give people the benefit of the doubt whenever possible. You are behaving as an EV "brother" indeed! :D
+1 No need to leave him without a charge if someone is going to be by and can plug him in.

Back