MY ZEV license plate at LAX, Why did you unplug my Leaf?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vitor

You just unplugged my Leaf, I left a sign on the dashboard, did you read it? "You may unplug me after 9:30 AM"
If not, you saw the lights, middle blinking, I only got 30 minutes of charge. Not enough for 60 miles return trip at 11:00 AM.

Hopefully you will plug me back after yours is done.

Gah! That sucks! :eek: Maybe he thought you meant 9:30am eastern. :( No, of course he didn't...he was just thinking of his needs. When you get back in two hours, return the favor.

Edit: Actually, it looks like you won't get back to your car until 11am. I could be there by maybe 9:45, 10am at the very latest. I would be happy to unplug him and plug you back in. Which unit were you using?

Hey, I just checked the Chargepoint app...LAX1 is fully available. I can't see why anyone would need to unplug you. Unless, of course, this was just a malicious thing? Though I also suppose the parking in front of LAX1 could also be blocked other vehicles and the app doesn't show that.

Prepared the following note to leave:

Hey Dude! NOT COOL to unplug somebody while they’re charging. Especially when they left a note asking you to leave them charging until a certain hour, after which you’d be welcome to do so!

OP, could you confirm which EVSE you were connected to?

This is why I am skeptical of unsupervised plug sharing. One bad apple spoils the box.
LAX needs more charging stations. Triple the number would be fully utilized.

In one of the focus groups I did, one of the cars proposed had a locking mechanism in on the L2 port that you could lock and unlock remotely. I thought it was silly at the time, but now it is starting to make sense.

xtremeflyer said:
In one of the focus groups I did, one of the cars proposed had a locking mechanism in on the L2 port that you could lock and unlock remotely. I thought it was silly at the time, but now it is starting to make sense.
At the end of the day I would rather have someone unplug my car for any reason and possibly suffer the inconvenience than have my car vandalized or damaged as a result of the plug being locked to the car.

Spies said:
At the end of the day I would rather have someone unplug my car for any reason and possibly suffer the inconvenience than have my car vandalized or damaged as a result of the plug being locked to the car.

Actually, thats exactly what I said in the focus group. But with this plus the new law that is about to pass, I might be changing my opinion.

mwalsh said:
Prepared the following note to leave:

Hey Dude! NOT COOL to unplug somebody while they’re charging. Especially when they left a note asking you to leave them charging until a certain hour, after which you’d be welcome to do so!

OP, could you confirm which EVSE you were connected to?

Mike, U da Man!

I hope the OP gets enough charge to get home!

I was connected to #2, #1 was connected to a Volt; however, the display showed it was available. I did not touch it.

When I arrived #2 was on the "hook" at the charger and since last week I used it, it is showing some damage. Somebody tapped the white plastic parts together. I was very "lucky" to find an empty spot in front of the charger (inside, not outside) and the connector properly stored in the charger.

OK, I'm just back from LAX. Observations:

MY ZEV...Shame on you! If you are one of us you deserve running out of town. I hope you get the hint from the note I left when I unplugged you.

At the same time MY ZEV appears to now be more than 66% charged. On the one hand, I hope that's enough to get him home. On the other, I hope he has to walk the last few miles! :twisted:

OP I did plug you back in, reauthorizing the Chargepoint with my own card and everything. But, unfortunately, it looks like you have your charge timer set, so it's not going to do you any good. :( So sorry.

Plus your unplug note needs to be WAAAAAAY bigger! Have you thought about using the proper protocol card?

mwalsh said:
OP I did plug you back in, reauthorizing the Chargepoint with my own card and everything. But, unfortunately, it looks like you have your charge timer set, so it's not going to do you any good. :( So sorry.

Maybe if he sees your note in time he can start the charge remotely through iPhone / Carwings?

TEG said:
mwalsh said:

Maybe if he sees your note in time he can start the charge remotely through iPhone / Carwings?

Maybe. That would be cool.

So do we know this MY ZEV character...blue leaf, CA Whale plate? Damn, you know what, I was going to take a look at the VIN and forgot.

xtremeflyer said:
Spies said:

Actually, thats exactly what I said in the focus group. But with this plus the new law that is about to pass, I might be changing my opinion.
Here's a thought... Use a combination lock and put the combination on the dash instruction sheet. That way, it will stop a casual unplug, but somebody who really needs it and takes the time to properly assess the situation could still unplug you if needed.

GeekEV said:
Here's a thought... Use a combination lock and put the combination on the dash instruction sheet. That way, it will stop a casual unplug, but somebody who really needs it and takes the time to properly assess the situation could still unplug you if needed.
I actually thought about this as well and would work for the current ChargePoint stations however I don't think Blink and some of the other charge stations have the hole in the release trigger to allow for locking.

Thanks a million Mike, I just started the charge.

I will delay my departure until I get what I need to get back.
I'm at LAX often. IM, maybe we can meet or pay you the favor with lunch.
BTW, I learned that there was a meeting with Airport and DWP to continue the replacement of the old charging stations in parking structure #1 and parking structure #6.

I'm also lobbying to get one installed in the West side of the Airport, where all the airline employees park, I have see a few Volts on that side, but not Leaf(s), only mine.

True, I remember the unplug sheet of paper somewhere, anybody has a link to it?

Vitor said:
Thanks a million Mike, I just started the charge.

I will delay my departure until I get what I need to get back.
I'm at LAX often. IM, maybe we can meet or pay you the favor with lunch.
BTW, I learned that there was a meeting with Airport and DWP to continue the replacement of the old charging stations in parking structure #1 and parking structure #6.

Knowing that we'll get more usable units at LAX is recompense enough! :)

Besides, curiosity was killing me....I just had to know what was going on! ;)

Back