Video of Leafs being loaded to a ship

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting....Cha-ching times $820 (or is it $850?) if they were coming here...Maybe more if they're going to the UK?

Let's play the game called "What's different with these cars"?

They have dark-tinted rear windows at 1:07, for starters, and there is also a third tailight on the bottom center at 1:38 in the video...

And, of course, the big 'ol front license plate holder...

Fun stuff.....Randy

Pretty interesting how they secure them through the tow hook on each. They were just gliding silently up the ramp. I only heard the clatter of the metal ramp!

Looks like there's an additional rear brake light mounted in the middle of the multi-fin-thingee (I don't know what to call it) underneath the bumper.

Looks like the UK only gets Leafs in blue and red :)

Very cool! If someone had shown us a video like that 8 months ago, we would have all had heart attacks.

Nice to see hundreds of LEAFs being loaded on a ship is already passé.

That third light may be a rear fog light, which is required in some locales...

Randy said:
They have dark-tinted rear windows at 1:07, for starters, and there is also a third tailight on the bottom center at 1:38 in the video...

Assuming the ship has azipod propulsion, how far could it go powered by the batteries on all those cars assuming they were loaded on the ship fully charged?

If they really wanted to greenify the thing they could have tried Jacques Cousteau's trick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbosail

Well, let's do the math...

It's an 18,000 HP engine so figure about 14 megawatts of power...
I think I read they carry about 3,000 cars so 24kw times 3000 is about 72 megawatts of power...

So that is about 72 megawatts... That gives us about 5 hours of run time or about 83 nautical miles.

LTLFTcomposite said:
Assuming the ship has azipod propulsion, how far could it go powered by the batteries on all those cars assuming they were loaded on the ship fully charged?

If they really wanted to greenify the thing they could have tried Jacques Cousteau's trick:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turbosail

JPVLeaf said:
TRONZ said:
Very cool! If someone had shown us a video like that 8 months ago, we would have all had heart attacks.

+1 So true. :D

Especially considering that those appear to be right hand drive cars and not headed for the U S of A!

:eek:

jimcmorr said:
JPVLeaf said:
TRONZ said:

+1 So true. :D

Especially considering that those appear to be right hand drive cars and not headed for the U S of A!

:eek:

Too funny! Can you image the angst meltdown calls to CS?!?! :? I'm still in therapy from the whole process anyways...

Back