NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kelseypost said:
kelseypost said:
Oh and FYI, a McDonald's in Hendersonville contacted us (Newton Nissan) about bringing a Leaf to their grand opening. They said they're remodeling and making room for some EV chargers. But, they didn't say when the remodeling would be finished... so I guess we're just waiting until the big day...

RalphMC just asked me about this, so I figured that I should update everyone as well :)

I spoke with the Manager at McDonald's on New Shackle Island (Hendersonville) and he said they got charging stations approved by corporate, but they're still waiting on the company to come and install it. He said his location will have 1 charger, and the new McDonald's (at Indian Lakes in Hendersonville) is going to have 2 chargers. He's going to contact the company (I imagine Blink?) and ask for an update, and he said he'll get back with me as soon as he knows.

Also, not sure if anyone is available, but Commerce Union Bank in Gallatin is celebrating "Green Day" this coming Monday, so we're going to bring a Leaf out there for demo drives. If anyone is in the area, feel free to drop by and introduce yourselves (i love putting faces with screennames... lol).

I work in Gallatin, I'll try and come by also.

Commerce are technologically advanced for a provincial bank. I've met their CIO.

Times?

Great!

Then may I suggest meeting on Sunday August 28th?

Who is the farthest away? (Regards to travel time needed)

I would love to get Cracker Barrel in Smyrna involved too - to provide some free sandwiches :) well catering maybe - and to wet their appetite on EV charging stations too.

Maybe we can get them to furnish lunch and get some great PR out of the whole thing?

Let me know of your thoughts on that too,

Ralph

ralphmc said:
Great!

I would love to get Cracker Barrel in Smyrna involved too - to provide some free sandwiches :) well catering maybe - and to wet their appetite on EV charging stations too.

Maybe we can get them to furnish lunch and get some great PR out of the whole thing?

Ralph

Got it on my calendar

JPWhite said:
I work in Gallatin, I'll try and come by also.

Commerce are technologically advanced for a provincial bank. I've met their CIO.

Times?

I believe the festivities are all day, but I'll be there with the Leaf during these times:

9-10:30 a.m. - Commerce Union Bank at 425 East Main Street, Gallatin, TN.

11-12 p.m. - Commerce Union Bank at 1204 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, TN.

ralphmc said:
Great!

Ralph

Added to my calendar as well. I'll probably be one of the closest.

I suppose the next order of business would be choosing a time? I'm free most of the day, so I'm pretty flexible on times.

Cracker Barrell sounds good. In the email exchange to CB PR regarding EVSE, it didn't sound promising that the Smyrna CB would be getting any EVSEs, but I agree, getting their attention that EVs are out and about in Nashville/Middle TN is a good idea. Depending on how well the meetup turns out, there may be enough of us to put a twinkle in their eye (read: potential semi-regular customers).

On another note, does anyone know a contact at the Smyrna plant? It may be worthwhile to get Nissan's attention too, and give them the heads up on our plans to meet at their facility. It would be in everyone's best interest that we make our appreciation of their free EVSEs known (and SOLAR at that). Plus it could be some good PR for Nissan, and EVs in general.

That brings up another point. What about other EV/PHEV owners in the area? I know this all started with our LEAFs, but I'd be interested in meeting other EV owners too. Anyone have thoughts on that?

TNleaf said:
ralphmc said:
Great!

Ralph

Added to my calendar as well. I'll probably be one of the closest.

I suppose the next order of business would be choosing a time? I'm free most of the day, so I'm pretty flexible on times.

Cracker Barrell sounds good. In the email exchange to CB PR regarding EVSE, it didn't sound promising that the Smyrna CB would be getting any EVSEs, but I agree, getting their attention that EVs are out and about in Nashville/Middle TN is a good idea. Depending on how well the meetup turns out, there may be enough of us to put a twinkle in their eye (read: potential semi-regular customers).

On another note, does anyone know a contact at the Smyrna plant? It may be worthwhile to get Nissan's attention too, and give them the heads up on our plans to meet at their facility. It would be in everyone's best interest that we make our appreciation of their free EVSEs known (and SOLAR at that). Plus it could be some good PR for Nissan, and EVs in general.

That brings up another point. What about other EV/PHEV owners in the area? I know this all started with our LEAFs, but I'd be interested in meeting other EV owners too. Anyone have thoughts on that?

For timing I'd prefer afternoon since I'll be at church Sunday am.

On another note, does anyone know a contact at the Smyrna plant?

I contact a Sr. Manager at Nissan today via Email, to see if there is interest to participate, I also asked for a contact on site at the plant. I will update you guys as soon as I hear back from him.

On monday I will try to follow up with CB HQ again to see if I can get someones attention there for our event as well.

What about the TV - do we have a possible contact?

Ralph

Hi Nashville!
Hopefully getting my Leaf in a few weeks, delivery date Sept 5th. Getting charger installed on Aug. 18th (accepted in EV Project) so all is looking good! Ordered it May 10th so wait has been bearable. Ordered the SL in blue ocean with a QC port, floor mats and splash guards
So here's my first question for you all: I got a quote from a dealer in N'ville for $34,730,including above options (but not including the fees/tax blah, blah, blah) a couple months back before I was accepted into the EV Project. It's my understanding that they cover the price of the QC port if an individual is in the program. That is a $700 option. I figure now the price is $34,030. So I go back to the same dealer last week AFTER I have been accepted into the EV Project and they come back with a price (including the above blah blahs) of $35,580. Are all the blah blahs running $1550?? I don't know if it is bad form to ask but I want to know if I am getting shafted or not and want to check with local people rather than others from out of state.

Also, on a different note, The EV Project is DESPERATELY looking for businesses to sponsor a charging station, they pay for the unit AND the installation. I am trying to talk my husbands company into getting one installed at their business site downtown in Nashville. I am close to having them talked into it. If you know of any company willing to install one here is the contact info for Ecotality:
Paula Smith
Ecotality North America
Tennessee Regional Administrator
(w)615-823-7299
I have also been asking at a lot of places I shop at (Costco, Publix, Target etc.) if they plan on putting in chargers...we have to let them know there IS a demand!!! Let's get more on the map!!!

Can't wait to get my Leaf but I am going to have to say no to the silly "Leaf wave"... :mrgreen:

Eleafgrrl said:
Hi Nashville!
Hopefully getting my Leaf in a few weeks, delivery date Sept 5th. Getting charger installed on Aug. 18th (accepted in EV Project) so all is looking good! Ordered it May 10th so wait has been bearable. Ordered the SL in blue ocean with a QC port, floor mats and splash guards
So here's my first question for you all: I got a quote from a dealer in N'ville for $34,730,including above options (but not including the fees/tax blah, blah, blah) a couple months back before I was accepted into the EV Project. It's my understanding that they cover the price of the QC port if an individual is in the program. That is a $700 option. I figure now the price is $34,030. So I go back to the same dealer last week AFTER I have been accepted into the EV Project and they come back with a price (including the above blah blahs) of $35,580. Are all the blah blahs running $1550?? I don't know if it is bad form to ask but I want to know if I am getting shafted or not and want to check with local people rather than others from out of state.

Also, on a different note, The EV Project is DESPERATELY looking for businesses to sponsor a charging station, they pay for the unit AND the installation. I am trying to talk my husbands company into getting one installed at their business site downtown in Nashville. I am close to having them talked into it. If you know of any company willing to install one here is the contact info for Ecotality:
Paula Smith
Ecotality North America
Tennessee Regional Administrator
(w)615-823-7299
I have also been asking at a lot of places I shop at (Costco, Publix, Target etc.) if they plan on putting in chargers...we have to let them know there IS a demand!!! Let's get more on the map!!!

Can't wait to get my Leaf but I am going to have to say no to the silly "Leaf wave"... :mrgreen:

blah blah is made up of

Taxes, Title, Reg about $2,600
Destination fee about 850
Doc fee dealers like to charge can be anything from 200-400
Don't forget you should get $2,500 taken OFF the price for the Tennessee Rebate as long as you are one of the first 1000 in Tennessee to buy a LEAF.

As JP mentioned, since you should qualify for the EV project money in the state of Tennessee, you would get credit for the $700 quick charge and the $2500 rebate at the time of sale when you complete the paperwork with your Nashville Nissan dealer. I believe the dealer price you expressed is correct, they look to be including the $700 for the quick charge (which will be rebated back to you at the point of sale) and the $850 for shipping and destination. When I closed on my LEAF on July 12, it took my dealer three runs at price closing to get it right. But it all worked out and I love the car and the Blink, EVSE.
Leggedo

Leggedo said:
When I closed on my LEAF on July 12, it took my dealer three runs at price closing to get it right.
Leggedo

Ain't that the truth !!

Always double check their numbers.

I remember the finance manager saying, you're calculating numbers AGAIN!?!

Each time they changed something I had to make sure I could back into their number. Of course if they itemized every single credit and charge in arriving at the vehicle price, it would take 2 minutes.

For some reason they don't itemize the way I'd like, I wonder why.........

The final price was a major source of contention when I closed on mine. Fortunately, I had an agreement in writing (email) for a final "out the door, total amount I will write the check for price". When the salesman tried to change the agreement, I had to go up the chain of command with my "documentation". Eventually, the owner agreed to honor the original deal and I wrote the check for the amount that had been promised. I recommend that all car price negotiations be for the total "out the door" price. No surprises at the end.

Brad

As I was referring to the three trips to the financial plan. On the first round of figures they presented to me they "forgot" that in December when I placed the order through them and Nissan for the car I had negotiated a $1000 off MSRP. They conveniently forgot to deduct it. When it came back to me the second time they had forgotten to deduct the $700 for the Quick Charge which was to be rebated back to the dealer from the state of TN. The third time they came back to me with "their final figures", believe it or not, they only discounted the dealer's cost of the quick charge which was around $590 as I recall. I let them know that I was charged $700 on the invoice, not dealers cost and that the state in the EV project would rebate back to them $700 not $590. They agreed and the fourth set of final figures did become the final payment amount by me. The discussion of the Nissan Extended Warranty cost became a different story. They offered it to me "Gold Preferred 84 Months/70,000 miles" for their cost and making no profit off of it $1970. They would not match the Santa Rosa/Gallatin pricing of $803 for the same policy. They basically thought I had made that price up. I said, end of discussion. I called Ron at Gallatin when I got home with my LEAF and bought it through him for $816 plus taxes. It pays to know as much as you can on pricing in advance to sitting down at the finance table with your dealer. That is not to say they are dishonest, they are just striving to maximize their profit margins.
"Caveat emptor"
Leggedo

ralphmc said:
Great!

Ralph

Ralph,

I've created a thread for this to get the ball rolling. So far I think it's just been ralphmc, JPWhite and myself that have said we would be able to make it. We can further any discussion about time/location etc. in that thread.

viewtopic.php?p=122220

Leggedo said:
As I was referring to the three trips to the financial plan. On the first round of figures they presented to me they "forgot" that in December when I placed the order through them and Nissan for the car I had negotiated a $1000 off MSRP. They conveniently forgot to deduct it. When it came back to me the second time they had forgotten to deduct the $700 for the Quick Charge which was to be rebated back to the dealer from the state of TN. The third time they came back to me with "their final figures", believe it or not, they only discounted the dealer's cost of the quick charge which was around $590 as I recall. I let them know that I was charged $700 on the invoice, not dealers cost and that the state in the EV project would rebate back to them $700 not $590. They agreed and the fourth set of final figures did become the final payment amount by me. The discussion of the Nissan Extended Warranty cost became a different story. They offered it to me "Gold Preferred 84 Months/70,000 miles" for their cost and making no profit off of it $1970. They would not match the Santa Rosa/Gallatin pricing of $803 for the same policy. They basically thought I had made that price up. I said, end of discussion. I called Ron at Gallatin when I got home with my LEAF and bought it through him for $816 plus taxes. It pays to know as much as you can on pricing in advance to sitting down at the finance table with your dealer. That is not to say they are dishonest, they are just striving to maximize their profit margins.
"Caveat emptor"
Leggedo

Ugh, I don't know whether to show up at the dealership with a tape recorder and calculator or an army of lawyers...

Eleafgrrl said:
Ugh, I don't know whether to show up at the dealership with a tape recorder and calculator or an army of lawyers...

Any trip to car dealership to buy a car is a negative experience IMHO. Some people thrive on the challenge, to me its a painful experience. I was quite nervous at my LEAF purchase, it's a lot of money to drop on one transaction. U just get this feeling you're being taken. I conservatively figure I left $200-300 on the table. But took me three hours to complete the transaction.

Has anyone else in TN gotten their windows tinted yet? Got mine done on Saturday, took just over an hour since he didn't have any templates and did it the "old school" way all by hand.

At some angles (and probably the fact I took the pictures from an iPhone) the tint looks darker than it really is. But I got 35% in the front and 18% in the back. Suntek CXP line.

Same side, different angle. (and yes someone is sitting in the passenger seat... can barely see them at this angle)

I think it looks WAY better than without the tint, and with the TSER (total solar energy rejection) rating of 53% and 56%, I'll save energy by not having to run the AC as much.

TNleaf said:
Has anyone else in TN gotten their windows tinted yet? Got mine done on Saturday, took just over an hour since he didn't have any templates and did it the "old school" way all by hand.

I think it looks WAY better than without the tint, and the TSER (total solar energy rejection) rating of 53% and 56%, I'll save energy by not having to run the AC as much.

Yeah that looks real nice. Me thinks I'll have to get it done too.

Back