flxx

OEM Wallcharger?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 am

Where can I find an overview about the available 240V wallchargers for the Leaf? Is there a oem product or oem suggestion?

EVDRIVER

Re: OEM Wallcharger?

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:18 am

flxx wrote:Where can I find an overview about the available 240V wallchargers for the Leaf? Is there a oem product or oem suggestion?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3625

planet4ever
Delivery Date: 02 May 2011
Leaf Number: 1537

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:37 am

While you may have pointed flxx at the best choice, you certainly haven't pointed him at an overview of the available units. I think Plug In America does a good job of that: http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories

Ray
End of April 2013: Traded my 2011 SL for a 2013 S with charge pkg.

EVDRIVER

Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:46 am

He said OEM. That is the Nissan OEM product.

aqn
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2011
Leaf Number: 1333

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:19 am

EVDRIVER wrote:
flxx wrote:Where can I find an overview about the available 240V wallchargers for the Leaf? Is there a oem product or oem suggestion?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3625
And after you're done wading through those pages, it'd be great if you can add any new findings here, for posterity: http://nissanleafwiki.com/index.php?title=Battery,_Charging_System#EVSE_Manufacturers.
Anna Nguyen

EVDRIVER

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:57 am

aqn wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3625
And after you're done wading through those pages, it'd be great if you can add any new findings here, for posterity: http://nissanleafwiki.com/index.php?title=Battery,_Charging_System#EVSE_Manufacturers.

The OP asked for an "OEM product", there is one, the Nissan included EVSE. The OP asked for an OEM suggestion, the link outlines that in the first page in great detail so there is no need to wade through anything, that answers question number two definitively.

davewill

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:08 am

EVDRIVER wrote:The OP asked for an "OEM product", there is one, the Nissan included EVSE. The OP asked for an OEM suggestion, the link outlines that in the first page in great detail so there is no need to wade through anything, that answers question number two definitively.

I guess we should just let you answer all the questions around here yourself, since you're so sure no one else can read. :roll:
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

EVDRIVER

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 am

davewill wrote:
EVDRIVER wrote:The OP asked for an "OEM product", there is one, the Nissan included EVSE. The OP asked for an OEM suggestion, the link outlines that in the first page in great detail so there is no need to wade through anything, that answers question number two definitively.

I guess we should just let you answer all the questions around here yourself, since you're so sure no one else can read. :roll:

I was simply answering part of his question and a bunch of smart ass comments followed. I would bet most people did not even read OEM or perhaps know what it means. The post is partly about an OEM wall EVSE and there is exactly one of those, I answered that question and anyone else is free to answer the other part of his question but save the sarcasm as if I did not answer correctly enough, no one else did. In addition that concise thread was started because the last one got too far OT and in usual style it did again but the first page is specific and to the point regarding the LEAF OEM EVSE. It seems you are making an issue out of nothing here :roll:

davewill

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 am

EVDRIVER wrote:In addition that concise thread was started because the last one got too far OT and in usual style it did again but the first page is specific and to the point regarding the LEAF OEM EVSE. It seems you are making an issue out of nothing here :roll:
I suggest you look back and self-reflect. You have made every other comment in this thread and are the main reason it has gone off-topic.
2014 Rav4 EV, Blizzard Pearl White
2011 LEAF SL w/QC, Blue Ocean, returned at end of lease

smkettner
Delivery Date: 26 Feb 2014

Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:40 am

OEM wallcharger does not really exist. The OEM unit has a brick that is not really made for a permanent install. And at 120v 12a most consider it to be too slow.
The AV unit appears to be endorsed by Nissan. I am waiting for the Leviton 160.

Scrowl down a bit in this thread catagory and they are all listed somewhere.
1 bar lost at 21,451 miles, 16 months.
2 bar lost at 35,339 miles, 25 months.
LEAF traded at 45,400 miles for a RAV4-EV
RAV4 traded in for I-Pace Dec 2018

Return to “EVSE / Charging Equipment and Networks”