OEM Wallcharger?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flxx

Where can I find an overview about the available 240V wallchargers for the Leaf? Is there a oem product or oem suggestion?

flxx said:
Where can I find an overview about the available 240V wallchargers for the Leaf? Is there a oem product or oem suggestion?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3625

aqn said:
EVDRIVER said:
flxx said:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3625
And after you're done wading through those pages, it'd be great if you can add any new findings here, for posterity: http://nissanleafwiki.com/index.php?title=Battery,_Charging_System#EVSE_Manufacturers.

The OP asked for an "OEM product", there is one, the Nissan included EVSE. The OP asked for an OEM suggestion, the link outlines that in the first page in great detail so there is no need to wade through anything, that answers question number two definitively.

EVDRIVER said:
The OP asked for an "OEM product", there is one, the Nissan included EVSE. The OP asked for an OEM suggestion, the link outlines that in the first page in great detail so there is no need to wade through anything, that answers question number two definitively.
I guess we should just let you answer all the questions around here yourself, since you're so sure no one else can read. :roll:

davewill said:
EVDRIVER said:
I guess we should just let you answer all the questions around here yourself, since you're so sure no one else can read. :roll:

I was simply answering part of his question and a bunch of smart ass comments followed. I would bet most people did not even read OEM or perhaps know what it means. The post is partly about an OEM wall EVSE and there is exactly one of those, I answered that question and anyone else is free to answer the other part of his question but save the sarcasm as if I did not answer correctly enough, no one else did. In addition that concise thread was started because the last one got too far OT and in usual style it did again but the first page is specific and to the point regarding the LEAF OEM EVSE. It seems you are making an issue out of nothing here :roll:

EVDRIVER said:
In addition that concise thread was started because the last one got too far OT and in usual style it did again but the first page is specific and to the point regarding the LEAF OEM EVSE. It seems you are making an issue out of nothing here :roll:
I suggest you look back and self-reflect. You have made every other comment in this thread and are the main reason it has gone off-topic.

OEM wallcharger does not really exist. The OEM unit has a brick that is not really made for a permanent install. And at 120v 12a most consider it to be too slow.
The AV unit appears to be endorsed by Nissan. I am waiting for the Leviton 160.

Scrowl down a bit in this thread catagory and they are all listed somewhere.

davewill said:
EVDRIVER said:
In addition that concise thread was started because the last one got too far OT and in usual style it did again but the first page is specific and to the point regarding the LEAF OEM EVSE. It seems you are making an issue out of nothing here :roll:
I suggest you look back and self-reflect. You have made every other comment in this thread and are the main reason it has gone off-topic.

Responding to comments of others, besides the topic is answered. I simply answered 1/2 of his question, accurately. I'll leave it at that.

+1 for http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories
as the best directory of EVSE / Chargers. And if there's something that's missing from that directory - help us all by sending in comments to the site to add it!

flxx originally asked about "240V wallchargers for the Leaf." Ignoring the "charger" part, since we know many people use the incorrect term in this regard, it should be noted that the included Nissan EVSE is 120V and portable, thus qualifying as neither "240V" nor as a "wall" unit. Wonderful as it is, Phil's upgrade to this product certainly doesn't fit the description of "OEM." (OEM, by the way, is not limited to just Nissan products.)

I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that flxx merely wanted to know who manufactures 240V wall-mounted EVSEs and where he could see a comparison of them. Ray's suggestion to check out PlugInAmerica's site was great advice. Tony's request to update the wiki was also a good idea. rawhog made a good observation as well.

Glenn

Back