Nuisances

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rat said:
The warning alert system is inadequate. <snip> Finally I started paging through the lower dash info screen. I had to go 3 or 4 pushes on the upper left button before getting a screen that had an option that said warnings, or something of that nature as the second (lower) choice. I then had to remember to push the upper right button to make the selection change to go down (counterintuitive!), then hit the upper left button again to select. Finally that caused a diagram of the car to appear in the lower dash area with a highlight on the rear hatch.
That's the second usability problem you have reported which goes contrary to my experience. I remembered that diagram of the car showing up automatically, so I just now went out to check. Sure enough, if the hatch isn't closed it shows up as soon as I power the car up. If I switch to another view in that area it comes back by itself for a few seconds periodically.

Earlier, you reported there were no beeps when you locked and unlocked the car. I hear beeps and see the yellow marker light flash. Did you ever get that fixed? I think there has to be something wrong with your car which needs to be corrected by the dealer.

Ray

planet4ever said:
Earlier, you reported there were no beeps when you locked and unlocked the car. I hear beeps and see the yellow marker light flash. Did you ever get that fixed? I think there has to be something wrong with your car which needs to be corrected by the dealer.
Ray
The beeps were my own fault. I had only had the car a couple of days and the only times I locked/unlocked the door that way was in an open parking lot near a lot of traffic. I heard the click, but not the beep due to the traffic noise. It was in bright daylight so I wouldn't have seen the lights go either, as I was looking toward the back of the car. After your post, the next time I parked and did that it was in an underground garage and the echoing beep was quite noticeable. I felt pretty sheepish for having posted it as a problem. Outside in parking lots, though, I still only hear it half the time if there's traffic noise around. It's not very loud.

For this problem, though, I suspected the hatch might be open, so I specifically looked at the displays to see if there was any indication of that and there was none. The lower display just had the odometer/trip meter readings. It wasn't until I went through the menu system to get warnings as described that it appeared.

KLQL8N said:
I shift into D for left turns in traffic...not because I have too, but just because if I need acceleration, it will be there.
Also, what timer gets priority, the CAR or my BLINK charging station?

I leave mine in ECO, and if I need acceleration, it's the same as if it is in 'D'. All you have to do is push the pedal a little farther. If I were you, I would just set the car's timer to 80% and to any starting and ending times that are the same, such as: 6AM to 6AM. That way, it will always charge automatically to 80% whenever you plug it in with the Blink. Some people have said that using the Blink timer can cause problems, so I've never used the Blink timer. If you need 100%, you can just push the 'override' switch on the left side. It will then go back to the 80% mode for the next charge unless you override it again.

From the original post, number 3 is the biggie for me. When I test drove the car, I assumed the warning screen was about using the screen while you were driving because I didn't stop to read it like most people don't. When I finally read that it was about sending information back to Carwings, I was even more frustrated. Seriously, is there a form I can fill out to request that they make that screen a one time accept or decline? It's just a software issue. Seems that could be fixed VERY easily.

It will never happen in the litigious U.S. We can blame our own tort system for being stuck with a screen the rest of the world does not have to endure (my BMW and Acura was the same way - U.S. only - until I hacked it).

bmilner said:
Seriously, is there a form I can fill out to request that they make that screen a one time accept or decline? It's just a software issue. Seems that could be fixed VERY easily.

TomT said:
It will never happen in the litigious U.S. We can blame our own tort system for being stuck with a screen the rest of the world does not have to endure (my BMW and Acura was the same way - U.S. only - until I hacked it).
Bull. It's Nissan's chickbleep decision...there's exactly ZERO chance of them getting sued over collecting stats when the owner personally signed up for Carwings and specifically approved it, and can turn it off whenever he wants.

TomT said:
It will never happen in the litigious U.S. We can blame our own tort system for being stuck with a screen the rest of the world does not have to endure.

It is my understanding that every Leaf has the same nag screen, regardless of where in the world it is sold...:(

Back