Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After I unbolted the seats,I carefully lifted the seats up high enough just to connect the fasteners and hooks..I left the electric cables connected..

The leaf seats are actually very easy to unbolt compared to other seats I have installed in other cars..

mark13 said:
After I unbolted the seats,I carefully lifted the seats up high enough just to connect the fasteners and hooks..I left the electric cables connected..

The leaf seats are actually very easy to unbolt compared to other seats I have installed in other cars..

I did the same. It was easy to move the seats around to gain proper access without stressing the attached cables. The cables are anchored in in such a way that you'd have to pull them OUT of the anchors to put any stress on the connections themselves. Use a little care, and you'll should be fine.
:cool:

rawhog said:
Gotta say, they look really nice in the box, but they are a bit darker(light gray with cobalt piping) than the photos on here.
I went with same color combination (EDIT: not really, went with #21 and #11) and had them installed by WO in Costa Mesa. Here are a couple of photos that WO took after the install ...

100_7786.JPG

Front Seats

100_7781.JPG

Back Seats

100_7787.JPG

Charging during install

Beachcliffs said:
rawhog said:
Gotta say, they look really nice in the box, but they are a bit darker(light gray with cobalt piping) than the photos on here.
I went with same color combination and had them installed by WO in Costa Mesa.
Are you sure you went with Cobalt blue piping like rawhog? Your piping in the pics seems much darker than Cobalt blue. I have Tan and Cobalt blue piping and my Cobalt blue is a much lighter blue than yours in your pics. Your piping looks like Navy blue.

Got my seats. Charcoal with grey piping. The seats look nice but yet to install. I think they would look nicer after install. The installation is going to be the difficult part. surprised there were no instructions..

csriram45 said:
Got my seats. Charcoal with grey piping. The seats look nice but yet to install. I think they would look nicer after install. The installation is going to be the difficult part. surprised there were no instructions..

No instructions were least of my surprises... The company seems to track their orders on a piece of paper, with no indications when it would ship or tracking numbers or invoices in the box of any kinda... I wasn't even been given an order # and they looked up my order by last name... at least seats are nice quality, although the fit could've been better.

sdbonez said:
Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door. 3-3.5 week estimate.

He said he was totally swamped and totally taken aside by the sheer number of Leaf orders that have come in! :lol:

Edit: Steve called me back - said he forgot to add sales tax. :mrgreen: (forgot what the new total came to...)

OK, I haven't seen any good pics of red cars with seats and I agonized over the color choices. Finally got mine and installed this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Covers are a little loose here and there (minor) but they did a great job at fitting them/making them. So with that, here are some pics. I tried to take them with the red paint in the picture..and I really liked how the car looked in the sunlight - so they're all taken outside.

LeafWetOkoleInstall.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbone...?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink

sdbonez said:
sdbonez said:
Just ordered mine. Steve was great.

Ordered Charcoal-#11 w/ Light Grey-#21 Full Piping. Front and back. $459.20 + $24 shipping = $483.20 out the door. 3-3.5 week estimate.

He said he was totally swamped and totally taken aside by the sheer number of Leaf orders that have come in! :lol:

Edit: Steve called me back - said he forgot to add sales tax. :mrgreen: (forgot what the new total came to...)

OK, I haven't seen any good pics of red cars with seats and I agonized over the color choices. Finally got mine and installed this morning and I'm really happy with the results. Covers are a little loose here and there (minor) but they did a great job at fitting them/making them. So with that, here are some pics. I tried to take them with the red paint in the picture..and I really liked how the car looked in the sunlight - so they're all taken outside.

LeafWetOkoleInstall.jpg

https://picasaweb.google.com/sdbone...?authkey=Gv1sRgCL6fyM_L0_TsYA&feat=directlink

Thx for pics. I got the same color as u I think charcoal with grey piping. Yet to put the covers as wknd got busy. Will let you know how it goes.

Thx

Picked up my seat covers last week and they are fantastic. Really high quality and the colors look great. Ordered Charcoal Gray and Cobalt Blue full piping. Seat heater is really nice too. Can't wait to order the switch from Nissan and wire it into the console.

Definitely worth driving down to their shop for their free installation. It took them 30 minutes and would've taken me nearly all day with less than perfect results.

Bud.

installed my seat covers today. they look really nice. I think these colors (charcoal and grey) go with the interior better than the original seat colors.

Here are the before and after pictures:

Before:
260070_2060394840623_1567249303_2232397_4148621_n.jpg

267625_2060394960626_1567249303_2232398_5102461_n.jpg

After:
267725_2060395040628_1567249303_2232399_482106_n.jpg

270745_2060395120630_1567249303_2232400_15339_n.jpg

This little wire hook was a big help getting hooks from the back of the seat to the front. With the batteries under the seat, there is not much room.
269710_2060395240633_1567249303_2232401_7444023_n.jpg

I like the seat covers, but here are a couple things that could be better:
1) they smell bad. I have a headache from the smell. I even unpacked them and let them air out in the garage overnight before installing them.
2) The Leaf letters are not what I expected. I thought they would be embroidered. Instead they are just an iron-on that does not look like they will last.

I've seen several people complain about the smell, and all the pics I've seen are of charcoal/grey, which doesn't look dark enough to solve or at least lessen the problem I foresee, which is gradual dirt/sweat staining of the seats. I'd be interested in hearing of buyers' thoughts on these covers after several months of use. For now I want to check out some other options. The local auto upholstery guy told me $1800 for all-leather interior and he wouldn't just do the front seats, but wanted to do arm rests, etc. Still looking. Can anyone in the South Bay recommend a spot that will put on a pair of quality car seat covers? With a bad knee and bad back I'm not so enthusiastic about trying to do it myself anyway, although I managed to assemble a BBQ last week.

I think the smell is subjective. Some people may not like it, but others like myself don't mind it. It's just new neoprene smell, not any different than new car smell. It'll go away eventually.

I think the beauty of the Neoprene seat cover material that Wet Okole uses is that it's much easier to clean than the conventional fabric material used in cars, or even leather. That's because the Neoprene's backing material is 100% water proof, so it allows you to really thoroughly wet the Neoprene so you can perform like an in-place washing almost. Along with the wet suit shampoo cleaning solution, you put a couple of drops of this shampoo into a bucket of water and basically give your cover a thorough shampoo, then rinse it with fresh water and towel try.

The darker color may hide the stains and dirt better, but that also means that you let the covers go dirty for much longer before cleaning them, which is not necessarily a good thing in terms of maintaining the cleanliness so that it'll last longer.

I'd like to get these for my leaf but don't remotely have the time to do it -- anybody who has already figured it out want to earn a few extra bucks putting them on my Leaf? In SF Bay Area, could be arranged in SF, East Bay or Palo Alto (my leaf spends time in all 3)

PM me if you have any interest... thanks! always faster to do these things a second time.

I realize it's WAYYYYY too late to get in on this - just looking for order details, as I'm not too keen to get any of the confusing questions wrong about seat-mounted airbags (I think it's 'yes'), type of headrest, etc.

Did anybody (that successfully installed his/her covers) keep their order details?

Thanks,

PDXKraut

hodad66 said:
+1.... order details and I like the charcoal & grey..... :mrgreen:
I'm not entirely sure why they even ask all those questions. You can call them if you'd like but I would just give your estimated guesses and they'll know it's for a Nissan LEAF and be able to make it right. When I called to order they didn't ask any of the fit type questions.

Charcoal and grey pipping turned out very nice for me.

Back