Wet Okole Seat Cover Group Buy **COMPLETED**

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Skywagon said:
I do not remember if this was posted before but those of you who have received your covers did you receive an email with a tracking number when they were shipped?

Yes, I did.

The DIY install thread is up! :D

Turns out I had more time this afternoon than I thought I would.
Hope it helps! Enjoy!

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=4274

It seems Costco.com offer seat covers provided by coverking.

I am thinking to order it from Costco since I missed a chance here.

In the order process, there are two options to be selected for the first row, which are "50/50 front with removable hdrs, w/ side airbag, manual dvr w 1ctrl knob & manual pass (no knob)" and "50/50 front with rembl hdrs, manual dvr, ctrl know, pow pass seat w/ bkrst seat ctrl opening (inside)"

My car (SL with quick charger port) has not come yet. I am not sure which above option should be selected?

Any your input will be highly appreciated.

Thanks and have a good weekend.

I received my covers today and they came out really nice!!!! They are 11 with 21 centers, no piping; as I asked very nicely to be able to order. Here are a couple photos from my camera phone this evening:

5819587611_05ace4ebf7_b.jpg

5819586953_43bed0a6b6_b.jpg

The charcoal (11) goes nicely with the darker gray interior plastic and the light gray (21) makes them not so dark. I am very happy to say the least. I will take better photos in a couple days in good lighting and when they have had a couple days for the shipping wrinkles to work out.

Thanks again Rake for doing the group buy!!!!

My seat covers are in and installed (pics soon).

I also have the seat heaters. One of the heater controls arrived damaged, so I have only been able to test with one seat, but the results are:

The seat warms up just fine, and I see NO additional drag on the 'energy meter'. I'm sure there is drag, but it's VERY small. I'm going to speak with the Wet Okole people on Monday about the heater specs (for using a Nissan OEM heater switch) and I'll try and get the unit specs for current draw, etc. I'll post those if I get them.

I went to WO today and they installed them for free (I did tip the guys) in about 30 min and I think they fit very nice. They were very friendly, and even let me add a lumbar support at the last minute (for a fee). I also got seat heaters for the front seats.

2011-163-0-9-19-1-IMG_1699.jpg

2011-163-0-9-20-2-IMG_1701.jpg

2011-163-0-9-21-3-IMG_1705.jpg

Skywagon said:
I do not remember if this was posted before but those of you who have received your covers did you receive an email with a tracking number when they were shipped?

I received mine yesterday with no notice when shipped.

I am anxious to get them installed...they look great!

MrFish said:
I went to WO today and they installed them for free (I did tip the guys) in about 30 min and I think they fit very nice. They were very friendly, and even let me add a lumbar support at the last minute (for a fee). I also got seat heaters for the front seats.

2011-163-0-9-19-1-IMG_1699.jpg

2011-163-0-9-20-2-IMG_1701.jpg

2011-163-0-9-21-3-IMG_1705.jpg
I notice that the front seats have their bottom tucked in nicely instead of draping over like some of the other people's own installation shows. When I installed mine, I had to run the horizontal strap behind the plastic area into the slot inside, so with doing it this way, you can't tuck it into the seat like the WO installation shows. Apparently the WO people must have run the strap directly into between the seat and plastic casing, which I didn't know is possible and I didn't want to force it to find out.

I notice that the front seats have their bottom tucked in nicely instead of draping over like some of the other people's own installation shows. When I installed mine, I had to run the horizontal strap behind the plastic area into the slot inside, so with doing it this way, you can't tuck it into the seat like the WO installation shows. Apparently the WO people must have run the strap directly into between the seat and plastic casing, which I didn't know is possible and I didn't want to force it to find out.

Unfortunately, I didn't watch them install the covers very closely :roll: .

If it would help, I can take some pictures for you.

Rake said:
The group buy is now complete!
I hope you all had a good experience with your ordering process, I'm dying to see all the pics!
If you need to contact WO for some reason, I'll leave the numbers posted for you.

Wet Okole Phone Number – (888) 246-5653 or (714) 434-9000
http://www.wetokole.com

Production time averages 10 - 15 business days, graphic orders will add an additional 4 days to production (Graphics fabricated in Arizona). Production time does not include shipping time.

Group buy signup dates: Now closed
Dates to Call and place your order: Monday (5/16) thru Friday (5/27) (8am – 4pm Pacific)

The 20% Discount Applies To:

Will the 2nd round order be opened?

MrFish said:

Unfortunately, I didn't watch them install the covers very closely :roll: .

If it would help, I can take some pictures for you.
Thanks for the offer. But the pictures you already showed here are good enough to see that they tucked the front seat in very nicely. I wish I live close enough to have them install the covers for me. It took me much longer than 30 minutes to install mine by myself and I'm sure I didn't know all the techniques and strategies to do it easily and quickly.

I received the seat covers Sat..I put both front seat covers on Sun..I just found it a lot easier to unbolt both front seats and then install the seat covers..I think it took about a 45 minutes to do both seats..The first seat took me 30 minutes and the 2nd seat about 15 minutes..WOW they look greattt.
I did notice that the carpet in front is already shredding in certain spots..I guess that must be some very lightweight carpet..

Ill take pics very soon ...

Zhaohui said:
I saw a post (HIOJim) in the "June Delivery" thread in the "News..." forum saying he's going to be selling his brand new Wet Okole cover that he ordered because he's cancelling his LEAF order. You may want to PM him. I think his color is half piping with charcoal on the outside and gray on the inside.

Either that or wait until the 2nd round. But I remember Rake was saying that the second round is probably not for several more months, toward the end of the year.

Volusiano said:
Zhaohui said:
I saw a post (HIOJim) in the "June Delivery" thread in the "News..." forum saying he's going to be selling his brand new Wet Okole cover that he ordered because he's cancelling his LEAF order. You may want to PM him. I think his color is half piping with charcoal on the outside and gray on the inside.

Either that or wait until the 2nd round. But I remember Rake was saying that the second round is probably not for several more months, toward the end of the year.

Thanks for the info and suggestion.

csriram45 said:
Got my shipment notification and I ordered on the last day around noon pacific. I would assume most people should expect theirs soon.

I didn't receive any shipping notifications.....the box just showed up. I'm very happy with their product!!!

mark13 said:
I received the seat covers Sat..I put both front seat covers on Sun..I just found it a lot easier to unbolt both front seats and then install the seat covers..I think it took about a 45 minutes to do both seats..The first seat took me 30 minutes and the 2nd seat about 15 minutes..WOW they look greattt.

Is it complicated to unbolt the seats? How do I do that? The pictures showing the front seat bottom covers tucked between the seat and plastic side rail look really sharp, so I would like to try to install in that manner. Thanks!

I got mine too, exactly 4 weeks later. I pretty happy with my color choice (11 with 21 piping). I am however dreading the installation process and also curious on details how to remove seats.

Back