As of 2017, 17,700 CHAdeMO chargers, 775,000 CHAdeMO compatible cars worldwide

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edatoakrun

6/16/18: Edited thread subject line to As of 2017, 17,700 CHAdeMO chargers, 775,000 CHAdeMO compatible cars worldwide.

http://www.chademo.com/wp/usmap/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AFDC map here:

http://www.afdc.energy.gov/locator/stations/#results?utf8=%E2%9C%93&location=&filtered=true&fuel=ELEC&owner=all&payment=all&ev_dc_fast=true&radius_miles=5" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I wish CHAdeMO was a little more timely in updating its installation reports.

Quote:

The number of DC Quick charger installed up to today is 1393.
-- (Japan 1154 Europe 207 Other 32) last update 2012.04.27

http://www.chademo.com/00_main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

OK, there must be close to 100 DCs in the USA by now, all CHAdeMO of course.

How about we try to come up with a State-by-State and nationwide total?

Please report the number of publicly accessible DCs in your state or region on this thread, and we can keep a running total, as the number grows. Post a link to a regional map, if you have one. It would be great If someone knows of an nationwide map, or would care to maintain one, like the Northwest map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=213359050108102131982.0004b4a3f0c64a8fa421a&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

California, AFAIK has a rather pitiful total of 5.

3 in the bay area, and 2 in S CA. Let's leave the Vacaville DC off the list, as it appears buried under a deep layer of bureaucratic incompetence.

simpleleaf
At least 10 in Houston and at least 6 in DFW. Since eVgo is a private company and headquartered in Texas they have worked without having to wait for too much government support except on the local permitting level. On the other hand no one seems to be throwing too many roadblocks in the way here except some slow permit applications and making sure the local grid can support them.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8280&start=240" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CWO4Mann said:
I'm thinking that a better question ask is "how many are working today and will continue to work?"

Just askin'

Dave

Why don't you post a report from your area, so we know? Go ahead and say what the specific problems are, if the DCs are unreliable.

I agree that almost all USA DC installations I've seen reports and photos of (never actually been to one, myself) are flawed in planning or execution. All are single DC charger installations, so you don't have the security that the redundancy of pumps give ICEVs at gas stations. Many are placed in parking spaces where they are highly susceptible to being ICED. In the Northwest, almost every one I've seen a photo of has a J1772 next to it, as an invitation to block the DC with a PHEV or a DC-incapable BEV.

Eventually, I expect, DC installers will learn from these mistakes.

i doubt that there is 100. might be but doubtful. far cry from the 4900 that were supposed to be installed by Ecotality for the EV Highway Project...or maybe it was 2500?? but either way, what are they up to? two?

the ONLY Blink DCFC even started in our state is one commissioned by Vulcan Real Estate or more commonly known as Paul Allen (microsoft co-founder for the 6 of youse that dont know) who is #1 on the list for people i would expect to do this with their own money (after all, how many people do you know who would have paid thousands for the plywood control panel from Star Trek the original TV series?)

DaveinOlyWA said:
i doubt that there is 100. might be but doubtful. far cry from the 4900 that were supposed to be installed by Ecotality for the EV Highway Project...or maybe it was 2500?? but either way, what are they up to? two?

the ONLY Blink DCFC even started in our state is one commissioned by Vulcan Real Estate or more commonly known as Paul Allen (microsoft co-founder for the 6 of youse that dont know) who is #1 on the list for people i would expect to do this with their own money (after all, how many people do you know who would have paid thousands for the plywood control panel from Star Trek the original TV series?)

Looks like Washington will have quite a few soon, though. Please report back in a week.

It looks like at least 5 of 9 planned DC3's will be operational for the grand opening. Leavenworth on the electric scenic Hwy 2 is installed but pending due to communication issues.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8935" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

edatoakrun said:
CWO4Mann said:
I'm thinking that a better question ask is "how many are working today and will continue to work?"

Just askin'

Dave

Why don't you post a report from your area, so we know? Go ahead and say what the specific problems are, if the DCs are unreliable.

I agree that almost all USA DC installations I've seen reports and photos of (never actually been to one, myself) are flawed in planning or execution. All are single DC charger installations, so you don't have the security that the redundancy of pumps give ICEVs at gas stations. Many are placed in parking spaces where they are highly susceptible to being ICED. In the Northwest, almost every one I've seen a photo of has a J1772 next to it, as an invitation to block the DC with a PHEV or a DC-incapable BEV.

Eventually, I expect, DC installers will learn from these mistakes.

I am hopeful that the QC folks are learning from their mistakes. Sort of like on the job training, so to speak. In my case, I choose to NOT rely on any QC's being available in my planning. I did do a tentative flight plan from Brentwood to Chattanooga and return a couple of weekends ago and found this doing that planning:

1. Trip from Brentwood, TN to Chattanooga, TN and return, 3 days duration.

2. Brentwood to CB Murfreesboro, TN, 138 Chaffin Place (29 miles); do QC and eat breakfast;

3. CB M'boro, TN to CB Manchester, TN, 103 Paradise St at exit 110 of I-24 (33 miles); do QC;

4. CB Manchester, TN to CB Kimball, TN, 550 Kimball Crossing Drive at Main Street Exit off of I-24 (44 miles)Piss stop, QC;

5. Arrive Chattanooga Four Seasons Hotel; (31 miles); charge on L2 system there for guests; party, see the sights, party, have food, drink; etc. etc.

6. Depart Chattanooga and return to Brentwood same as in-bound trip.

Now, here's the rub: I called the Cracker Barrels and Blink to get a second opinion on what was working and what was not at 0600 hours Friday, the day of departure. Two CB QC's down and out; managers clueless; Blink said none are presently on-line, but repair tickets are in except for M'Boro which I think is dead in the water for the forseeable future.

Okey Dokey, Artichokie! See, this trip would have been pleasant and a nice trip for us and the Yorkie, just as a sort of experiment with the Leaf. When I got the news of the dead QC's we took Momma-san's vehicle instead, and believe me when I tell you that the Maserati Quatroporte gets 14 mpg of premium on a good day, but does have a 26 gallon tank.

Bottom line is that we don't plan long trips in the Leaf and I am not sure we would, unless there was a guarantee of an available QC at certain range-circles. Personally, my Leaf is for going back and forth to the my office and for thumbing my nose at Shell stations and Mapcos as I drive past up Franklin Pike to Green Hills. Got my tinted windows, got my stereo blasting, got my dark glasses, and got my $250 a month that I WAS paying for gas now in my pocket.

The Phoenix area now has 3 working BLINK DCQCs. Each 1 has 2 nozzles. Someone broke 1 when they tried to insert it with it already in the closed/ operational position so they're waiting on a new nozzle.

Sent with speech to text

I have to say that one of the benefits on eVgo in Dallas is thier intellegent and dedicated designs for QC. Yes it has a monthly access fee (for all you can use), but that fee comes with many benefits:

- Each QC station has a Level 2, BUT has two parking spots available, one one each side. With orientation, one side is easily the QC side and the other the L2 side. If someone came to use the Level 2, they would not block the QC
- Each unit is purposely built (so far) at the far ends of parking lots, helping to insure these stations aren't ICEd
- Each unit has a pressure pad underneath (like a traffic signal) that, if tripped (meaning a car is there) and the station does not register a vehicle plugged in, warning lights go off and a tow truck is called. (I have never seen this happen yet, and I can't remember the time until one is called, I think 15 minutes?) In addition there are signs posted this will happen, helping to insure they aren't ICEd
- QC is limited to 1 hour connected. Past the 1 hour (which should give you a full charge no matter how low you are), the tow truck is called. Its to prevent people leaving the leaf attached to the QC and going shopping for a long time or something
- Problems are solved quickly, people that have had problems with the QC have called eVgo's support and they are there at the station within 15 or so minutes.

With all this backup, I have near zero problems with eVgo. The support system of their implementation means I can rely on their units 100% of the time (and I plan my trips just like that). So the extra money does go a long way!

The number of CHAdeMO DC Quick charger installed up to today is 1494.
-- (Japan 1236 Europe 207 Other 51) last update 2012.06.04

http://www.chademo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I did a quick count from the CHAdeMO map here:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210740974077298891697.0004ac7e66a8121c75d8e&msa=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I added California (6 total) Washington and Oregon (I know 18 is probably too low, but need your reports to confirm the higher numbers).

Looks like at least 64 confirmed, in USA, One in Canada, so far.

Pipcecil said:
I have to say that one of the benefits on eVgo in Dallas is thier intellegent and dedicated designs for QC. Yes it has a monthly access fee (for all you can use), but that fee comes with many benefits:

It sounds like a company you can depend on.. worth every penny you pay.

eVgo's charging stations in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth are checked each day and I receive an email if there are any stations with problems. A continuously updated map might be a better solution but what they have works.

simpleleaf said:
eVgo's charging stations in Houston and Dallas/Fort Worth are checked each day and I receive an email if there are any stations with problems. A continuously updated map might be a better solution but what they have works.

Just like Blink !!!!!

:mrgreen:

I took a quick look at the map, and I believe the only new DCs I saw listed, are the three in Hawaii.

Anyone know of any more DCs not previously posted?

If anyone from North or South CA, Washington, or Oregon, or anywhere else has updated totals, please post.

Latest from CHAdeMO:

The number of CHAdeMO DC Quick charger installed up to today is 1582.
-- (Japan 1304 Europe 214 Other 64) last update 2012.08.03

http://www.chademo.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Previous stats from the same site:

The number of CHAdeMO DC Quick charger installed up to today is 1494.
-- (Japan 1236 Europe 207 Other 51) last update 2012.06.04

The number of DC Quick charger installed up to today is 1393.
-- (Japan 1154 Europe 207 Other 32) last update 2012.04.27

is there a running total somewhere in this post. checked OP and nothing there.

WA is now up to 14 (2 operational but not officially "on") with 3 more in the works (turn on not specified but guessing within 2 weeks or so?)

DaveinOlyWA said:
is there a running total somewhere in this post. checked OP and nothing there.

WA is now up to 14 (2 operational but not officially "on") with 3 more in the works (turn on not specified but guessing within 2 weeks or so?)

Thanks for the new WA total.

No running total update since the rather vague one on the first page from last June:

edatoakrun:

I added California (6 total) Washington and Oregon (I know 18 is probably too low, but need your reports to confirm the higher numbers).

Looks like at least 64 confirmed, in USA, One in Canada, so far.

I should also have listed the numbers by State, and will next time (if nobody else does it) and will also update the total in the thread title, after more updates are (I hope) posted.

Back