Good news on you next battery replacement

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If this does not get you charged up...I don't know what will ?

Envia claims its new battery technology is more than 50 percent cheaper than current generation electric car batteries, costing around $125 per kilowatt-hour.

Nissan Leaf was replaced with a pack made of Envia cells -- and we assume that the weight of all the non-battery cell components of the pack remain the same weight -- it would store almost 61 kilowatt-hours of energy.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1073442_new-battery-promises-to-bring-300-mile-electric-cars-to-the-masses" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Companies have been making claims like this for years. EESTOR anyone?

Until they actually demonstrate it, its vaporware in my book.

Of course, we have been seeing claims like this for decades, almost all of which never went anywhere... Time will actually tell.

69800 said:
Envia claims its new battery technology is more than 50 percent cheaper than current generation electric car batteries, costing around $125 per kilowatt-hour.

If Nissan was smart, they would offer 150 mile replacement packs at a decent price for those us who feel that paying for and carrying around extra capacity is a waste of money.

i am all for options and it would be great if Nissan offered replacements of 150 and 250 mile packs but i think they probably wont.

69800 said:
palmermd said:
ok off topic, but how is it that you have a delivery date of "today" and you list that the car has been repainted Corvette Bronze?

Its easy...I screwed up

Off topic...
Do you ave any pictures of your repaint?

On topic...
I will upgrade my battery or to a new car as soon their is a reasonable option with more range.
I would like to re-use my current batteries for PV energy storage.

Please post these miracle battery PR releasees and discussion on vapor ware here:

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6494" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please do not start threads on each and every soon to come technology, they happen far too often to count.

EVDRIVER said:
Please do not start threads on each and every soon to come technology, they happen far too often to count.

I guess this is technically off-topic, but since you brought it up, if this happens far too often to count, maybe that says you need to create a new sub-board specifically dedicated to battery technology. I personally don't mind a new thread for each new type of technology that is announced, and by putting into a sub-board (if that's the right terminology) you could sufficiently hide it from people that don't know how to use the site effectively.

I will continue topost separate tbreads for each different company. Mish mashing several together into one thread is an 80 page Odyssey I am not wiling to participate in

DaveinOlyWA said:
I will continue topost separate tbreads for each different company. Mish mashing several together into one thread is an 80 page Odyssey I am not wiling to participate in

All the more reason for a subforum with "future" battery threads.

lpickup said:
EVDRIVER said:
I guess this is technically off-topic, but since you brought it up, if this happens far too often to count, maybe that says you need to create a new sub-board specifically dedicated to battery technology. I personally don't mind a new thread for each new type of technology that is announced, and by putting into a sub-board (if that's the right terminology) you could sufficiently hide it from people that don't know how to use the site effectively.
+1.

More sub-forums = good.
Big 100-page threads = bad.

have to agree that we are on the cusp of emerging bleeding edge rapidly evolving (that should be enough adjectives) technology and a separate threads for

"announcements and break thrus" is probably appropriate more so here than any other online forum.

so get'r done!

Someone posted something about a better battery from ENVIA SYSTEMS. I found this link that says that ENVIA is FOS and just making fake claims. Take a look.

http://seekingalpha.com/instablog/227454-john-petersen/358261-envia-systems-when-hype-becomes-deception

Since we're going to necro post with a blog article from 4 years ago, here is a "newer" bit of information on Envia from 2 years ago. Wonder if anyone has anything new to add. ;)

http://cleantechnica.com/2014/07/29/envia-wins-battery-contract-detroit-automakers/

Is there one new battery tech that was posted here since day one of the forum that has made it into a production car? How about in the last 10 years. Not small improvements bit these "big claim" PR releases we keep hearing.

EVDRIVER said:
Is there one new battery tech that was posted here since day one of the forum that has made it into a production car? How about in the last 10 years. Not small improvements bit these "big claim" PR releases we keep hearing.

BINGO! This stuff isn't easy, is it?

Which is why we started one thread on this vs multiples. Once something is here it would make sense to have it's own thread but most of it is just press releases.

Back