"Charging Stopped" not "Charging Complete"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mwalsh

Leaf Supporting Member
Got a "Charging Stopped" message today instead of "Charging complete", yet I appeared to be charged to 12 of 12 bars and got a full measure of distance from the 12th bar. A bit weird, so I'm wondering if anyone else had same today?

LEAF™ status update
07:05 AM, June 16, 2011
charging stopped

MikesLeaf stopped charging. the vehicle's battery is currently at 11 of 12 bars.

I always get "Charging Stopped" when 80% charge is done or interrupted (favorite prank on me at work for a few days). I also "Charging Stopped" everyday at noon if plugged in because of the charge timer set from 12:00PM to 12:00PM all 7 days.

I seldom charge to 100% is the message different?

I have been getting an error almost from the start after getting my Blink. I have been getting "Power Fault Occurred" mesage. Some times it is fully charge but got the error over night and the other night just after starting the charge. I normaly check the car to make sure it is charging before I go to bed but the other night charge had stop already. I have called Blink but they have not done anything but logging the problem. I think I should get it replace under the lemon law?

Gonewild, do you ever get that '502' Error message? It says it can't perform the operation or something like that and it's an orange square that covers most of the screen. It says to tap the screen to reset it, but that never works. When the error message is on, it still will charge the car, but it doesn't record any data.

bowthom said:
I get "charging stopped" email at 80% and "charging complete" at 100%

Interesting, from which one, Blink or CarWings? I set up the notices to include email and text. I've never received one. I have no idea why. I thought it was because I didn't 100% charge.

LEAFfan said:
bowthom said:
I get "charging stopped" email at 80% and "charging complete" at 100%

Interesting, from which one, Blink or CarWings? I set up the notices to include email and text. I've never received one. I have no idea why. I thought it was because I didn't 100% charge.
I get both, from Carwings. Are you able to retreive the car's status from Carwings?

No Leaffan I have a red screen and it say to touch the screen to reset but mine does reset. What a peice of crap. I know it is free but now I want my CC back.

Hello,
I was talking carwings notifications.

Make sure you have the notifications turned on in the car or setting them in carwings will not work. A little warning pops up telling you that.

Now I get "charging stopped" from the Blink, but it is AFTER I unplug the connector which does me absolutely no good. They said they are working on it. I still haven't ever received anything from CarWings after it's done charging to 80%.

LEAFfan said:
Now I get "charging stopped" from the Blink, but it is AFTER I unplug the connector which does me absolutely no good. They said they are working on it. I still haven't ever received anything from CarWings after it's done charging to 80%.
I'm fairly certain the Blink notifications aren't really working yet, so let's concentrate on CarWings. Which CarWings notifications do you have turned on? Have you ever received ANY notifications from CarWings? Are you able to retrieve the vehicle status through CarWings?

davewill said:
LEAFfan said:
I'm fairly certain the Blink notifications aren't really working yet, so let's concentrate on CarWings. Which CarWings notifications do you have turned on? Have you ever received ANY notifications from CarWings? Are you able to retrieve the vehicle status through CarWings?

i've received "charging stopped" notices from carwings thru email from the beginning (3 wks now). i think i also got status but later turned off since i was getting too many notifications

Hello Blinkers,
I'm getting multiple "charging stopped" emails tonight caused by the blink crashing and rebooting all by itself, no input from me. Naturally the car was plugged in and charging. 3 emails so far and it has 2 more SOC bars to go (5.4 kWh).

You must set up the LEAF (in the car) to send various messages to Carwings.

Then, you configure Carwings (via the Owners Panel web site at www.NissanUSA.com/Owners/ where you login and ...) to create WAY overly-wordy email (and/or text) messages and send them to an email address (and/or phone number) that you specify.

I have not seen the text messages, but the email is about 1000 words of boiler-plate and 8 words of useful data. What unnecessary BLOAT is that?

Nobody has reported seeing a "Charging Started" message, I believe, so that feature appears to be "broken".

on the rare occasions i charge to 100% have always received txt notification flawlessly. this really the only part of Carwings that seems to work.

now that i have 240 charging, i generally plug it in when i get home, unplug it before i go to bed. more than enough to get me thru the next day. problem is, it charges so much faster than 120, its tougher to judge. have already had a few times it fully charged when i did not really want it to.

briefly thought about setting the 80% charge, but...nah!!

Back