LeafSpy data from Leaf 62kWh e-Plus

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jilldris

Have someone that already got their 62kWh e-Plus started to use LeafSpy?
(I hope LeafSpy is still supported?)
Would be interesting to hear what the usable energy is. What the gids are with fully charged and empty battery, etc.

My one week old 2019 SL+. With 250 miles on odometer
Manufacture date 2/19

Fully charged last night.
AHr = 176.12
SOH = 99.84%
He = 99.58%
SOC = 99.4%
60.1 kWh
GIDS = 775 (103%)

5JpqkqXl.jpg

crSeAoUl.jpg

EmHWKNfl.jpg

Interesting.
So roughly 60kWh in the battery when fully charged. The 40kWh Leaf had 50 gids remaining when the dash showed 0% battery, if we assume around 75 gids for the 62kWh Leaf that would give around 54.2 kWh usable energy.
(It is usually possible to continue to drive some also when the dash shows 0% but that is not really for the normal driver)

Or do someone also have LeafSpy data from when the dash shows 0%, eg empty battery?

By the way, in which country are you located that have already taken delivery of 62kWh Leafs? In Sweden they are not available yet.

^^^
Jerryr is almost certainly in the US, judging quick check of some of his posts.

Interesting that the dash display can get to 0% on gen 2 Leafs. On my '13 Leaf, it will go from some number around 6% to ---%. I never saw 5% or any values below that.

jilldris said:
Interesting.
So roughly 60kWh in the battery when fully charged. The 40kWh Leaf had 50 gids remaining when the dash showed 0% battery, if we assume around 75 gids for the 62kWh Leaf that would give around 54.2 kWh usable energy.
(It is usually possible to continue to drive some also when the dash shows 0% but that is not really for the normal driver)

Or do someone also have LeafSpy data from when the dash shows 0%, eg empty battery?

By the way, in which country are you located that have already taken delivery of 62kWh Leafs? In Sweden they are not available yet.

Country = USA, Tampa Florida area.

The 62 kWh Leaf +s are slowly showing up. Started arriving about 1-2 months ago.

I'd be particularly interested if you can post some temperature data next time you take a longer trip together with some DCFC data.
I think many of us wonder about the extend of Rapidgate on the Plus.

metricus said:
I'd be particularly interested if you can post some temperature data next time you take a longer trip together with some DCFC data.
I think many of us wonder about the extend of Rapidgate on the Plus.

I’ve never done a DCFC on any of my 3 Leafs in 4 years of ownership. They all were relegated to local trips in town. The ‘19 Plus opens up a comfortable radius for us. We have a remote cabin 120 miles from home.

Now with the Plus’ 62 kWh battery I doubt ever needing a FC. For road trips I have a nice Lexus Hybrid or a 2019 Ford F-350. If I needed a EV car to do road trips I would have purchased a Tesla.

Today I did a 100 mile round trip to civilization to take my wife shopping. (50 miles one way). With 92 dF OAT at 65 mph, here’s the battery temp at trip end.

91.2-94.6 (3.4 dF variance)

At trip end I still have over 100 miles of range remaining. I will not charge tonight. It’s a 70 mile round trip to rural town from our remote cabin where we are this week. I’ll charge after the next trip to town. With the extra range of the plus I’ll be charging 1/2 as often. This should help reduce rate of battery degradation hopefully.

lWvktzSl.jpg

Jerryr said:
Today I did a 100 mile round trip to civilization to take my wife shopping. (50 miles one way). With 92 dF OAT at 65 mph, here’s the battery temp at trip end.

You didn't mention the time between the outbound trip and the return trip, nor did you mention the temp at the end of the outbound trip.

lorenfb said:
Jerryr said:

You didn't mention the time between the outbound trip and the return trip, nor did you mention the temp at the end of the outbound trip.
Were the temps at the start of the trip mentioned ?
And the fall in temp is no less interesting than the rise.

metricus said:
Outside temp? How much it rested before return trip?

Your and SageBrush's comments raise valid points. Without a complete data set, valid conclusions can't be determined.
If the missing data doesn't exist, the "test'' provided basically no insight in the Plus' battery heating while driving, or
how that might affect a QC section after reaching the shopping destination.

Jerryr said:
. If I needed a EV car to do road trips I would have purchased a Tesla.

It really depends on one's definition of a road trip.
Mine overheated after a 235mi drive to pick up my daughter from Newark Airport. I don't consider that a road trip.

My observation is that my Leaf ads 0.1C/km during sustained driving on a road ~ 100km/h or 55-60mi/h at 22C/72F outside temp. If you add pauses with the car parked in a cool place (underground parking) the situation changes considerably.

So if you could provide more data it would be appreciated.

The Leaf Plus 62kWh is now added in the route planner http://www.abetterrouteplanner.com using an estimated model of available energy and charging speed. This can be used to plan road trips etc.

It is also possible to upload LeafSpy data to abetterrouteplanner server. Then you can get online route planning that adjust to the actual consumption and SOC etc while driving, ex like in a Tesla.
The consumption and charge data is also used to improve the model of the car to make it more accurate.
https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/blogs/entry/26-obd-live-data-setup/

See their blog for how it it have been done for other cars.
https://forum.abetterrouteplanner.com/blogs/blog/1-abrp-blog/

Back