will Disconnect Damage Bsttery?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nort101

I am a new owner of a 2015 Leaf using the 110 VAC Charge cable that comes with the car. My question - will it damage the battery if I just pull out of the charging port while it is charging? My intent is to limit the charge to under 100%.

Nort101 said:
I am a new owner of a 2015 Leaf using the 110 VAC Charge cable that comes with the car. My question - will it damage the battery if I just pull out of the charging port while it is charging? My intent is to limit the charge to under 100%.

When you remove the cable from the car you must first push the latch button to unlatch the cable. This tells the car to shutdown charging and prepare for disconnection.

So no, this shouldn't damage anything, it is designed to do this.

Thanks so much for responding!

Please forgive what is likely a stupid question, but where is the Latch button? I searched the manual for latch and only found latch under childs safety?

Nort101 said:
Thanks so much for responding!

Please forgive what is likely a stupid question, but where is the Latch button? I searched the manual for latch and only found latch under childs safety?

Latch button is on the cable, not in the car.

https://cdn.instructables.com/F9P/PE3J/GSK4CAZU/F9PPE3JGSK4CAZU.MEDIUM.jpg

Orange button on top, in this picture.

Back