Someone unknown recharged his car and my EVgo account is charged

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soldcake

Did this happened to you?

Someone unknown to me recharged his car and my EVgo account is charged.
I recharged at Evgo DCQC station at about 10am. Then at about 12pm, (yep, two hours later) someone recharged his car at the same location "used my EVGO card". $8+ is charged to my account for 18minutes DCQC. When I noticed the email from EVgo, I immediately checked my wallet, and my card is with me. My card is a Nissan NoChargeToCharge card. I called and Emailed EVgo immediately.

Here are some "findings" after called in, and exchanging emails with EVgo.
- EVgo is quite responsive, both on the phone and via email.
- EVgo keeps a log of when, where, which charge port, and payment type, and when card is swiped. In their record, that session was started with a "physical smart card". And card was swiped at 12:14, when the card is 2 miles away in my pocket.
- Nissan NCTC only applies to DCQC using a CHAdeMO port. The session was not free because the other guy was charging his car via a CCS. (so i know he is not having a Leaf :p)
- So, in their record's point of view, a "parallel of me" swiped a "parallel of my NCTC card", and recharged a EV/PHEV belongs to "parallel of me". Apparently this "parallel me" is richer than me. ;)

From I can recall, the DCQC station screen was not responsive at the beginning. I am not sure whether i swiped my card once or twice. I am not sure if it is related.

Now I am trying the "suspend" function of the EVgo user portal.....

Share your experience if you have some funky experience with EVgo DCQC.

Have Fun.

I’ve seen a couple of comments on Plugshare of people who couldn’t start a QC session, called EVgo for help, and were told that the station was charging someone else, when no other car was plugged in. Evgo has issues.

Yeah, cloning an RFID or similar device is possible..
I've seen it done during a pen test we had at work. Very kual stuff.. Fits in a briefcase..

Did you see someone with a briefcase walk by you when you were there?? ;-)

Honestly tho, that's a lot of work to steal an EVGo charge ID.. ;-)

I think it's much more likely this was a glitch in the EVGo system....

Actually, doesn't CCS (and Chademo??? Not sure there) send a unique ID when it connects? If they save it, EVGo should be able to map it to the owner (if he's on their system, which is likely I think).

desiv

Back