2013-2015 to 2011-2012 Adapter kit part number

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeafQC

Hi,

Do you have the part # for the adapter kit of a 2015 battery for my old 2012?

I would like to swap my battery with a totalled 2015 LEAF. The Nissan dealer told me there is no adapter kit for my 2012 and I need to manually swap all cell from the new pack to my original pack.

I know that the dealer will have to reprogram the VCM after the battery swap, but is the adapter kit really exist?

Thanks!

The part numbers are posted around here somewhere. There is an adapter kit and mounting bracket set used to mount the newer packs in the 2011/2012 Leafs. It is provided by Nissan when doing a warranty replacement, and should be available to order.

There is a thread by Cor that covers swapping the cells. The battery case can be opened and the newer cells placed in the older housing. It is a time consuming task, and also requires transfer of the inside wiring harness. This method eliminates the need for the adapter kit, and to have the car programmed to the new BMS.

From my recent battery replacement invoice for my 2011 LEAF...

(1) Battery Assembly: 003N/295B0-9RB9E
(1) Clip: 003N/24220-7S020
(1) Cover Battery: 003N/748N3-3NF0A
(1) Cover Battery: 003N/748N2-3NF0A
(1) Switch-Disconnect: 003N/297C1-3NF0A
(4) Bolt: 003N/01125-N011
(2) Brkt Assy-Bat M: 003N/740D0-3NF1A

Thanks Randy and Baustin for your quick reply. I'm going to educate my local Nissan dealer! :)

I hardly believe the parts described are sufficient to "upgrade" to a 2013+ battery because I do not see anything related to "seal" the extra plug on the newer battery which is for the TCU (heating). I believe all what's there is to replace to an exact same "old type" battery.

Just have a look on ebay and you will find these parts.

Liverte said:
I hardly believe the parts described are sufficient to "upgrade" to a 2013+ battery because I do not see anything related to "seal" the extra plug on the newer battery which is for the TCU (heating).
IIRC, ALL MY2012 LEAFs had the battery heaters and some of the MY2011 LEAFs had it. (FWIW, my MY2011 does NOT have the battery heater, so this would be important for me.)

i ordered the parts above and i cannot figure out how to connect the battery to the car. here is my detailed post, can anyone help?
https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28067

thanks

Back