30kwh battery part #

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pensacola10k

Tried looking this up on nissan part finder but cant verify that its the 2016-17 Leaf 30kwh battery. Nissan Part # 295B03NF9D If some one can verify I would appreciate it. Tried calling local dealer parts only to get hung up on a few times after inquiring.

Hi. I'm almost certain that the part number you gave is for a new 24kWh HV Battery Pack designed to be fitted into a 2011-2012 Leaf (has an LBC in it that is suitable for the earlier cars) . This is also the cold weather version with the battery heater if I'm not mistaken. It is also worth noting that the battery case for these is the later type like you would find on a 2013+ Leaf and wont bolt straight into a 2011-2012. However Nissan makes a relatively inexpensive kit allowing the this to be fitted into a 2011-2012 car. Also, after fitting the battery the VCM needs to be paired to the LBC in the new battery pack or the car will only drive in limp mode (super slow).

Sorry, but I don't have a part number for a 30kWh battery pack.

I think your right on the money. I was checking on a 2012 leaf being sold on ebay. The seller stated he had a Fl. Nissan dealer install the 2017 30kwh battery. I called the Nissan dealer and gave him the VIN, they gave me the part number for the replaced battery but could not confirm if it was the 30kwh battery or not. After I posted this question here I found some info that leeds me to belive the same thing you said. Thanks for your response. I told the seller what I had found...be intresting to see if he changes his listing....said he was going to.

There have been several cases of owners/dealers claiming they had a 30 kWh battery as a replacement in a 24 kWh Leaf, all have been found to be mistaken, as far as I am aware. I am still waiting for any sort of proof that it has been done by any dealer. The last official word from Nissan that I remember, was that they would not be doing this. If I were you, I would assume it has not been done on any cars you are looking at.

I saw the same ebay listing and sent the seller a question which they ignored. As far as we can tell on the forum, it has thus far never been done to install a 30kWh battery in a 24kWh car since the whole cell module/ pack wiring/ BMS pinout is different. It is either an honest mistake or he is a scammer. The add should be reported taken down before some poor buyer gets misled.

Here is an online listing for that battery prt#. Same as it ever was
https://www.nissanpartsdeal.com/parts/nissan-battery-asmy~295b0-3nf9d.html
I would have to see a Leafspy screenshot before I would accept that a 30kWh battery is in the car. Or at least a photo showing the GOM AND the average consumption on the same page.

The seller is also apparently pretty crafty to know that he can run the car at an easy pace to get the average consumption up to 6 or 7 miles/kWh and then charge to 100% so he can post a photo showing the guessometer at 124 miles range. Total scam. I wonder what his user name is here in order to learn all of this. There is only 14 hours to go in the listing so no hope of seeing him change it or even reporting it to ebay.
Even with the scam it would be a good deal with a new 24kWh $10,500 since it apparently just won the battery lottery. 2013 SV's with 75% batteries will be selling for $8500 all day long for the next 6 months.

Back