2014 LEAF Battery Bars

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

electromotive

Have we accumulated enough information on the 2014 LEAF battery to make predictions as to longevity?
What might be the status, with regard to the number of bars remaining, for a LEAF with 40K miles?
Are there comments here from owners of 2014 LEAFs as to their particular battery status?
Are they verifying battery status with Leaf Spy?
Thank you for any information presented.

electromotive said:
What might be the status, with regard to the number of bars remaining, for a LEAF with 40K miles?
The mileage doesn't tell us anything. The biggest factor here on a 2014 would be climate. One in a mild climate will have lost less capacity than a very hot one (e.g. Phoenix, Vegas or much/all of TX).

Time from manufacture would be next.

There were very very few model year 2014 cars made. I would treat them the same as 2013 model year (price a 2013 and don't pay a penny more for a 2014).

Model year 2015 started production very very early in 2014 and has a different battery pack than the prior two model years. First build date on a 2015 Model is 04/14 as discussed in http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20706&start=200

For those reasons you'll probably never see model year 2014 data worth analyzing or making purchasing decisions on.

Back