Nissan 60kWh battery

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GregH

Has anybody out there found any specs on the prototype 60kWh battery that Nissan used on the IDS concept?

Based on the photos in the InsideEVs article last week it looks like they are going with parallel groups of 3 cells vs the 2 in the current Leaf.

http://insideevs.com/nissan-exec-confirms-60-kwh-leaf-is-coming-wont-say-when-wvideo/

IIRC the 24kWh pack is 2x33Ah with 96 groups (192 cells in 48 modules).

The photos show a stack with 9 separators and 27 separators.. Could these be groups of 3 pouch cells?
Also looking at the pack photo it looks (to me) like 4 stacks of 18 in the front, 8 stacks of 9 in the middle and 4 stacks of 27 in the back..
That would only be 84 groups (nominal 300-310V) and would require 64Ah per cell/192Ah per group.

Or.. maybe I just can't see deep enough in the tray and it's actually 4 stacks of 27 in the front, 8 stacks of 18 in the middle and 4 stacks of 36(!) in the back..

That would be 100 groups (nominal 360-370v) and would need 55Ah per cell/165Ah per group..
hmm.. but then why the photo of the 9 cell stack?

While I do enjoy speculating.. Has anyone seen any hard numbers for any of this?
Just curious..

Back