Self timer off

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syamazak

Is there a way to automatically have self timer off so my leaf begins charging without pressing the self timer off button? I just want it to charge when I plug it in, but the timer is always on by default.

Go into the menus and disable the timer. This will give the desired behavior. You could also change the timer and give it a 2am start time and 1am stop time. On the SV/SL, the lower right button on the NAV system should bring up the menus to get you to the timer.

^^^
On the S trim, one must use the 2 buttons in the top row of the cluster of 4 buttons on the left side to muck w/timer settings.

Can anyone tell me why the charge timer in my 2013 S model suddenly stopped working? I enter the time I want it to begin charging and the cluster of blue lights go off one after the other like they are suppose to. The menu that fades out after the power button is turned off shows that the timer is on. When the programed time comes and goes, nothing happens. I've used the timer many times for early morning charging during the hot summer, but am at a loss to understand why I'm having a problem all of a sudden.

^^^ are you sure your time is set correctly? remember the time for the timer is different than the radio time.
If your seeing that the timer is ON on that fade away screen I don't see what else it could be, again other than if the actual time was off.

This might be somewhat off this particular subject but I can't find any suitable post. Here is my question: When I quick charge my 2013 Leaf it stops at 80% no matter what the timers are set at (80% or 100%). Many posts here in the Leaf Forum seem to indicate that it is possible to go beyond 80% on a quick charger. How do you do that?

Be sure you have timers disabled and also battery saving mode 80% also disabled (aka you charge to 100% at home).
If you do then you should also charge to 100% at rapid charger.
BTW rapid charger can also have settings. Sometimes not accessible to users. If car is fine contact charger operator.

Urs said:
This might be somewhat off this particular subject but I can't find any suitable post. Here is my question: When I quick charge my 2013 Leaf it stops at 80% no matter what the timers are set at (80% or 100%). Many posts here in the Leaf Forum seem to indicate that it is possible to go beyond 80% on a quick charger. How do you do that?
Read the last post of page 1 of this thread, post by levenkay, he explains the 80% thing is dependent on the type of EVSE. The only L3 EVSE I used was at a Nissan dealer(sorry but don't remember brand) but it did allow me to charge to 80% and beyond, although much slower from 80% and on compared to 20% to 80%. It's possible L3 owners might stop charging at 80% to discourage people from topping off their battery and tying up the EVSE. I had my Leaf set at 80% but again the one time I used L3 it just kept charging beyond the 80% but at a slower rate.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22993

Back