New 2016 Leaf Sl & Juicebox Pro with Wifi installed

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nativeimages

Signed a 3 yr lease with Tacoma Nissan in February 2016 and bought a Juicebox pro wifi......Size #6 romex....2 hots and a ground....No neutral.....240 volt.....40 amp breaker.....NEMA 14-50 receptacle....I installed the Juicebox in my garage......Happy so far.....Charges as advertised......upgradable for higher capacity chargers.....I think the max is 240 at 50 or 60 amps.....10k charger.....don't quote me though.....my memory isn't what it use to be.....at 57.....sometimes I cant remember what I just did...Ha.....Anyways.....My drivers door has been misaligned since purchase.....sure does fog up easy....Are all leafs known to fog up the windows......My tundra and corolla windows never seem to fog up as fast or as easily as this Nissan Leaf.....First EV purchase......Bought on juice box Pro from Amazon.....Does anyone else have a juicebox pro wifi for their Nissan Leaf with 30KW battery and 6.6KW charger.....I Drive 110 miles a day round trip commute.... four days a week....100 percent charge at home then drive 55 miles to work......50 percent battery level average upon arrival to work......12 hr shift....charge at work.....with Level 1 charger for 12 .5 hrs.....battery level charged to 90 percent with level 1 charger upon my return 55 mile commute home....the trip back home from work is more of an incline.....or uphill....the battery level is at 30 or 20 percent upon my return trip to home.....I'm mostly in Economy mode.....drive mode and B mode......The question I pose to the veteran leaf owners is .......Should I run my Batteries down to 0 percent once in awhile.....And if so.....How often......and if I do so once a month...does it condition the battery.....I think I recall that it reduces the life span of the Battery pack pending how often I drain the batteries down to zero......I also read somewhere that I should charge to 80 percent sometimes to increase the lithium battery life span.....I anxiously await all your Veteran leaf owner responses...advice and recommendations.....Counting my blessings as I commute from Gig Harbor to Seattle 2 days and 2 nights a week.....Secret.....( I really want a Tesla ).....He..He....240 mile range sure sounds good to me....Peace....

About the window fogging: Leafs do a good job of defogging as long as you use enough fan power and either heat or A/C, and don't leave the Recirculate control on. You *can* use partial recirculation by first switching recirculation on, then after releasing the button, pressing it again and holding it until the Recirc light flashes a couple of times. That gives you a mix of fresh and recirculated air. Another tip: in Floor only mode the system also provides some defogging air to the windshield, especially with the fan set to 2 or higher, and Recirculate will work with that mode, unlike the actual defrost settings.

Hey, I'm 57 too, and...what was the question...?

If there is water on the rubber mats throw it out! This water eventually evaporates on the windows - main reason for foggy windows.
Also you can click recirculation button twice - once for 100% recirculation and second time for 100% fresh air. AUTO mode does recirculate a bit. Don't allow blower to get below 2 bars if it is not really dry outside. You can use defrost+feet and feet. Using vent+foot will not allow any air for defrosting.

The best you can do to maximize battery longevity is to leave in the morning with about 95%-97% charge.
You will need to adjust the end timer couple of times to get it right. Charging from 95% to 100% might take
half to two hours. It is pushing and pushing and almost nothing gets in :lol:
Then when you get to work start charging. You want to avoid getting below low battery warning (LBW) in hot weather
when getting to work and when returning home. Low state of charge usage heats the battery more.
Also to save some money switch to dual tariff meter and charge at night (or whenever cheaper tariff is applied).

You waste some electricity by using 120V charging at work but if you don't pay for that then just keep your mouth closed :lol:
You can modify L1 OEM EVSE box to use 240V at 12Amps. This is much more efficient than 120V at 12A. But you have to find appropriate
receptacle before you do it and you have to own EVSE. Can't return this mod.

For those days you don't go so far (3x per week?) charge it to 80% during nighttime.
Find a spot without direct sunlight at work for the summer. Leaf doesn't like to be baked in the Sun.

Lots of info but missing one that works for me: what's your efficiency rating? How many miles/ kWh? You seem to be in the correct modes to maximize that value.

Mines' always has been 4.5 to 4.6 miles/kWh. Some Leafers get over 5 miles/kWh by being very strict about their driving habits. I do not speed on my commute but stay 60-64 mph, don't do jackrabbit starts often, and live in ECON mode. These three things - especially speed - make a significant difference in slowing battery drain. That, and enjoying the seat warmers rather than the HVAC system.

I've driven from 100% to turtle (that is about 22kWh) at constant nonstop (no elevation change) 57mph (90km/h).
And I made 123km or 76,5miles. That is 3,5mi/kWh. It is NOT POSSIBLE to get 4miles/kWh at 57mph. Climate off.
It is possible to get 5miles/kWh at non-highway speeds, downhill, following a truck etc.

Thank you for all the replies & advice........ The dash displays 3.5 miles per kW/hr......been using the timer and charging off peak hours.....10pm to 6am at home when scheduling permits......still learning about planning trips and charging........ once again thank you for all the advice..... Peace......

arnis said:
I've driven from 100% to turtle (that is about 22kWh) at constant nonstop (no elevation change) 57mph (90km/h). And I made 123km or 76,5miles. That is 3,5mi/kWh. It is NOT POSSIBLE to get 4miles/kWh at 57mph. Climate off.
It appears from the VIN information you provided that you are driving a 2012 LEAF. As such, you have never had access to 22 kWh of energy with a single charge. Also, driving efficiency is affected by other factors such as temperature, main battery cell balance, tire type, tire pressure, wind speed and direction, window position, etc. There are quite a few credible reports on this forum of LEAF owners getting 4.0 mi/kWh at 60 MPH.

Back