Down three capacity bars. How soon will I loose my 4th capacity bar

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ohioleaf

Long time reader first time poster. I wanted to share my leaf spy data as I believe I should of already lost my 4th capacity bar. I wanted to get your opinions.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you very much for your opinion I was thinking the same thing. The car is in Ohio and only in the 40s here now.

The car has been in Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Atlanta. I bought the car on a deal I couldn't pass up.

Your Leaf's mileage and SOH is almost identical to my 2012 here in Florida. With the cooler weather I don't expect the 4th bar to drop until spring.

All these 4 bar losers are making me happy! Congratulations, I'm glad people are getting these, even though I won't (nope I really am happy because I won't need a new battery for another 5 years, maybe even 10 yrs).

I dropped my 3rd bar today (now down to 9 bars). I have the Leaf Dash display, which reads C = 47.44. I have until June 16 (5 yrs after taking delivery) to lose my 4th bar. My mileage isn't an issue (28,000 mi). What are my chances to lose another bar in the next 100 days? I have been babying this battery ever since I took delivery. WHADAYA think, guys???

derkraut said:
I dropped my 3rd bar today (now down to 9 bars). I have the Leaf Dash display, which reads C = 47.44. I have until June 16 (5 yrs after taking delivery) to lose my 4th bar. My mileage isn't an issue (28,000 mi). What are my chances to lose another bar in the next 100 days? I have been babying this battery ever since I took delivery. WHADAYA think, guys???

Doubtful. Loss is about .5Ahr monthly on average if you're trying. You're at least 10 months away.

derkraut said:

I think it you are not going to make it. Mine dropped at 41.79.

Thanks Walsh & Evoforce; that's about what i figured.
Well...no problem really, since I'm retired & don't have to commute to work. So, I plan to drive this car until I get down to around 30 miles average range here in SAN, with 100% charge. Depreciation is irrelevant in my case..
Hey...what's not to like? over 90% of our driving is to church, to the golf course, to the grocery store, playing taxi for our grand daughter, etc. Maybe 3 0r 4 yrs from now I'll be able to get a new battery for around $3G or so. I'm still on the original 12V battery and the Ecopia tires---haven't spent a nickel on "maintenance". My dealer still keeps sending me coupons for "specials" on oil & filter changes. :lol:

Amen to derkraut! I also will drive the car until she don't go no more. Now, I drive a 50 mile round trip daily. When the bars start falling, (in a good number of years) my wife will start using the leaf (about 10-15 miles daily). This will save a lot of gas because her current car uses a lot of gasoline because it never reaches operating temperature. Lets see how many years and how many miles we can get on the original Leaf battery!!!

I own a 2012 SL with 21,500 miles on it. It was built in Dec 7th 2012 and I purchased the vehicle as a certified pre-owned from a Nissan dealer for $8,250.
The car was previously owned by a lady in my same town. Sunny Hot, Naples Florida. It was a lease.
When I bought the car it had 11 bars and showed full charge with 73 miles.
2 days later it dropped to 9 bars but still shows 73 miles on the gauge.
I just ordered an OBDII and LeafSpy pro, soon to find out what the numbers tell me.
Can anyone predict when I may see my 4 bar drop and if Nissan will for sure replace with 2016 24kwh battery pack?

I'm very new to this car and it's technology, please share anything I should know.

Back