Buy or Trade in?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srtidd

I just lost my first bar after 20,400 miles / 2.5 years. Is this about right? I have 8 months left on the lease. Should I trade in or buy? its a '13.

srtidd said:
I just lost my first bar after 20,400 miles / 2.5 years. Is this about right? I have 8 months left on the lease. Should I trade in or buy? its a '13.

That sounds about right for a 2011/12 (where do you live?); don't know if it's good or bad thing that your 2013 is about the same.
Can't help you on the buy decision because I don't know your goals. I bought mine outright and never regretted it.

If losing a bar doesn't affect the day-to-day usability of the car for you, just ride out the lease to the end, or until you come across an irresistible deal, whichever comes first.

srtidd said:
I just lost my first bar after 20,400 miles / 2.5 years. Is this about right? I have 8 months left on the lease.
Where do you live? Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

As for whether "it's about right", it totally depends on your location and how hot it gets. For a Seattle-area based car, that would be HIGHLY unusual. I'm seeing claims that '13 Leafs up in that area haven't lost a capacity bar even after 75K miles. For one in a hot area, probably not.

What's the build date on your car? (See sticker on driver's side.)

The '13 Leaf I own now was a 2-year lease return is at 28K miles. Build date was 5/2013. It went into service late 6/2013. It hasn't lost a capacity bar yet.

Back